rocket

Another Quick Update 5 December 2013

Am I obligated to answer your questions? Also in a certain order?

You aren't obligated to make sense, either.

We do host an Dayz Epoch Server on a fast root server. So will we be able to host a server for the standalone? Will we get the files to host the server? Will use the engine [use] 4 cores or more? We would like to host a server in Germany for all our friends in europe.

I'd love it if the server could use more than the standard 2 cores. be nice to get some info from the team on this...

To quote Rocket from his livestream.

Thank you for replying SmashT.

I'm rather nervous now though. Hopefuly we'll be able to host a Standalone server without having to purchase/rent one from a commercial host. It would get rather expensive renting a 100+ slot Standalone server, in addition to our dedicated box :o

• Like 1

Because there is no Debugger that magicaly finds and fixes all bugs.

No shit, pig's don't fly either. Are you having a conversation with yourself? Seriously, do you have any idea what you are talking about? First you responded by stating Bohemia doesn't use ASM, then you responded again by stating I think they use ASM, now you're flailing around trying to explain what a logical error is. You've essentially carried on a conversation with yourself.

No shit a debugger doesn't automatically fix logical errors, that's the job of the programmer using it. Breakpoints, anyone? Hence why I stated, "How is that not fixable in 30 minutes by any programmer with a debugger?".

I say again, it's a complete failure that ALL Bohemia games have synchronization bugs after years of development.

Thats enough gummy,once again you are turning this into a personal argument.

Be gone.

• Like 4

Thank you for replying SmashT.

I'm rather nervous now though. Hopefuly we'll be able to host a Standalone server without having to purchase/rent one from a commercial host. It would get rather expensive renting a 100+ slot Standalone server, in addition to our dedicated box :o

I would rather you actually not doing either. Then you get the shitty 1000 cars, military loot, NV spawn, heli crash sites, massive guns, AI, all that shit. I'm so tired of it, and I really feel like all the custom servers really destroyed my experience. I don't feel as excited anymore, when going into a game. All the servers are custom, and I would really honestly prefer there to be no custom servers. I'm done with the bs. The game is not what it used to be BECAUSE of custom servers.

Edited by AsOiX

I would rather you actually not doing either. Then you get the shitty 1000 cars, military loot, NV spawn, heli crash sites, massive guns, AI, all that shit. I'm so tired of it, and I really feel like all the custom servers really destroyed my experience. I don't feel as excited anymore, when going into a game. All the servers are custom, and I would really honestly prefer there to be no custom servers. I'm done with the bs. The game is not what it used to be BECAUSE of custom servers.

It is pretty easy, first of all nobody force you to join any server, second they can do it like Epoch do it, there are privat server (custom) and also public server (official), that's it.

I will never pay for a server like an origins server, you pay and they decide what they do with it.

What you say is, like everybody has to buy a red car..., I say everbody can decide what color he wants and what kind of car.

But I agree with the 1000 cars, I got 308 cars on taviana, including 84 locked vehicles, but every serverowner should be able to choose how many cars he want to have on his server and the player can choose the server they want to play on, if he like 1000 cars or 10 cars.

Edited by Nasdero

In the begining there have been self hosted servers in the public hive and it was good.

In the begining there have been self hosted servers in the public hive and it was good.

Agreed.

It is pretty easy, first of all nobody force you to join any server, second they can do it like Epoch do it, there are privat server (custom) and also public server (official), that's it.

I will never pay for a server like an origins server, you pay and they decide what they do with it.

What you say is, like everybody has to buy a red car..., I say everbody can decide what color he wants and what kind of car.

But I agree with the 1000 cars, I got 308 cars on taviana, including 84 locked vehicles, but every serverowner should be able to choose how many cars he want to have on his server and the player can choose the server they want to play on, if he like 1000 cars or 10 cars.

This is a zombie survival game, not Arma. DayZ used to be a lot more exciting pure vanilla public hive, every server used to be public hive.

this is standalone not the mod ! we dont need to mod it keep it all official that way no exploitation we all play the same. as soon as private and modded servers come in comes exploits selling gear again and live player view in admin tools. no point in playing the standalone if this is going to happen. infact im sure most admins are shitting it because of the actual revuinue most will lose from selling gear packages !

i asked rocket on twitter other day he said they havent worked on admin tools yet.

to the guys on about dediboxes it was said that there would be support for those ages ago.

• Like 2

May i just ask why you are so hung up on admin tools Dgessio? Especially the live player tracking? Bad experience or something?

May i just ask why you are so hung up on admin tools Dgessio? Especially the live player tracking? Bad experience or something?

I don't want to give admins too much control, I have had so many experiences with abusive admins! It ruins the game and should not be tolerated.

• Like 3

In a fairly unusual case, Dgeesio's not alone here - a lot of players simply aren't comfortable with admins having that level of information - more often than not, admins and/or their buddies play on the servers they own, and it doesn't take a genius to see the potential for a conflict of interests there. Yes, the majority of admins would never use something like that to their advantage, but there's a not insignificant number who have done so in the past and continue to do so.

The fact is, a good admin who knows their stuff doesn't need live player tracking, so if there's no real need for something which can be (and has been) abused, players will understandably be wary of anyone who chooses to use that tool, no matter how good their intentions are.

• Like 3

I'm all for any tools that help admins keep a server clean of hacks and the script kiddies who can't play without them.

I'd hate to see good admins shackled over what the bads ones do.  Give admins whatever they need.  Nothing more, nothing less.  The important thing to me is finding a good hive with good admins, as free as possible from script kiddies.  If a hive has bad admins, then those admins will run their server's population off as players become aware.  That or the server owner will remove the admin privileges from the offending admins if they're smart.

Me, I know I'll find the communities with good admins where I'll want to play.  Just give those admins the tools they need to keep the servers clean.  Given any doubt, I'd rather side with admins over script kiddies.  I've no doubt that many script kiddies that have been banned by good admins will be arguing against any tools that might be used to catch them, and playing the "bad admin" card to do it.  I'd rather give admins the benefit of the doubt over giving it to the script kiddies.

• Like 1

I'm all for any tools that help admins keep a server clean of hacks and the script kiddies who can't play without them.

I'd hate to see good admins shackled over what the bads ones do.  Give admins whatever they need.  Nothing more, nothing less.  The important thing to me is finding a good hive with good admins, as free as possible from script kiddies.  If a hive has bad admins, then those admins will run their server's population off as players become aware.  That or the server owner will remove the admin privileges from the offending admins if they're smart.

Me, I know I'll find the communities with good admins where I'll want to play.  Just give those admins the tools they need to keep the servers clean.  Given any doubt, I'd rather side with admins over script kiddies.  I've no doubt that many script kiddies that have been banned by good admins will be arguing against any tools that might be used to catch them, and playing the "bad admin" card to do it.  I'd rather give admins the benefit of the doubt over giving it to the script kiddies.

exactly.. if a server has admins that abuse, you simply go to another server..

this is a non-issue...if you choose to play on a server with admins that abuse their powers, u kinda have no one to blame but urself really..

I suggest you listen to Rocket when he says it is because of the custom servers and private hives that the Mod is still going and is still alive.

I admittedly have never even played DayZ but have been hugely anticipating the release of the SA because I LOVE zombie genre games. I am almost ashamed to admit that I also am hugely addicted to WarZ aka Infestation Survivor Stories and have been a part of that game since the beginning. Sometimes I think I am one of the very few who have never hacked in that game. I later came to find out that most if not all of my clan mates lowered themselves to hacking in that game as well. The hacking is more tolerable now than it ever has been but one thing remains the same. The absolute greed and refusal to listen to the community when it comes to hammer point/Arktos . It is so painful to see a game that had so much potential be ruined by hastily released content, poor decision making in general by devs/management. It has been absolutely excruciating to love a game yet hate it so much as I have come to with WarZ. My point here is to really appreciate how good you have it with a dev team that values stability, and a working non broken game over just the desire to release a broken half working product for the sake of making money and caving into the impatient demands of the hot heads in the community.

Absolutely cannot wait to play this game ROcket! When it comes I know it will be at the very least a genuine attempt at making an amazing mod an even more amazing game.

Edited by TAP3WORM
  • Like 6

exactly.. if a server has admins that abuse, you simply go to another server..

this is a non-issue...if you choose to play on a server with admins that abuse their powers, u kinda have no one to blame but urself really..

i hate to sound like a broken record but how do you know they are abusing it?

i play on many servers and know alot of admins who run the servers i can tell you now alot do abuse the live 3d tools and do watch players 24/7. the thing is theyll keep the server clean and ban cheaters and are great admins in general but it limits my play ! i cant do what i want to do because i know if i want to take on a certain group i know they already know im coming , they will know exactly from where and when and what ill be driving and they have a unfair advantage. that isnt right !

so i say let them be able to ban people and kick but not even remotely have a chance to see where you are , there is no need for that no other game allows it as you can admin without it.

also the second biggest one is selling gear. this is why alot of people set servers up for last year is too make actual money ! because of how the tools are. this also shouldnt be allowed. rocket says he doesnt like dlc and pay to win features yet dayz on private servers is pretty much pay to win. this shouldnt happen in the standalone. the server groups are making upto 500 dollars a month ! selling gear they dont own ! lol.

thats why many admins cry when they see my posts as its a lot of money theyll lose ! its not covering costs its profitting from gear you shouldnt be able to sell or have access to. it also prevents the game from playing the way it should. thing is someone will say dont play on that server but...once it happens on one then they all do it and as i said many moons ago it is on many many popular servers.

from the look of it there wont be any tools at all for a start but like ive been asking of the devs what will stop the very same tools coming out months later? i would personally like to know if 3rd party aps like phone aps and other exploits will be allowed or if people servers will be blacklisted or if at a later date server rental groups who bring out tools if they will be allowed or not.

i dont want to buy into a game now which i have invested alot of time and effort and what i enjoy which has no tools currently then find out it just going to happen again and the very same people just carry on.

hopefully when they look at the tools a bit more this can be answered for me personally its worse than hacking and a big issue.

• Like 1

i hate to sound like a broken record but how do you know they are abusing it?

i play on many servers and know alot of admins who run the servers i can tell you now alot do abuse the live 3d tools and do watch players 24/7. the thing is theyll keep the server clean and ban cheaters and are great admins in general but it limits my play ! i cant do what i want to do because i know if i want to take on a certain group i know they already know im coming , they will know exactly from where and when and what ill be driving and they have a unfair advantage. that isnt right !

so i say let them be able to ban people and kick but not even remotely have a chance to see where you are , there is no need for that no other game allows it as you can admin without it.

also the second biggest one is selling gear. this is why alot of people set servers up for last year is too make actual money ! because of how the tools are. this also shouldnt be allowed. rocket says he doesnt like dlc and pay to win features yet dayz on private servers is pretty much pay to win. this shouldnt happen in the standalone. the server groups are making upto 500 dollars a month ! selling gear they dont own ! lol.

thats why many admins cry when they see my posts as its a lot of money theyll lose ! its not covering costs its profitting from gear you shouldnt be able to sell or have access to. it also prevents the game from playing the way it should. thing is someone will say dont play on that server but...once it happens on one then they all do it and as i said many moons ago it is on many many popular servers.

from the look of it there wont be any tools at all for a start but like ive been asking of the devs what will stop the very same tools coming out months later? i would personally like to know if 3rd party aps like phone aps and other exploits will be allowed or if people servers will be blacklisted or if at a later date server rental groups who bring out tools if they will be allowed or not.

i dont want to buy into a game now which i have invested alot of time and effort and what i enjoy which has no tools currently then find out it just going to happen again and the very same people just carry on.

hopefully when they look at the tools a bit more this can be answered for me personally its worse than hacking and a big issue.

geez I go away for 6 months, come back and the same guy (above) is still bleeting on about the same non-sensensicle rubbish. If you don't want to play on servers where the admins can use 3rd party admin tools that have features like live player locations, then don't play on private hive servers! Stay on the official public servers. Simple.

I will be streaming every second so be warned you admins who think like <insert cartman voice>"i do what i want, it's MY server, i do what i want".. you will be exposed.

• Like 1

geez I go away for 6 months, come back and the same guy (above) is still bleeting on about the same non-sensensicle rubbish. If you don't want to play on servers where the admins can use 3rd party admin tools that have features like live player locations, then don't play on private hive servers! Stay on the official public servers. Simple.

what if the tools are available to all serves i standalone ? must i stay away for the whole game ? i do ask i have asked the dev team but they havent commented on it aprt from not working on the tools yet.

while you may get annoyed at my responses i get annoyed at spending days getting gear only to be cheated by many randoma admins abusing the very tools which are to stop abuse in the first place lol. cant you agree by removing the feature that are abused then we can have a fairer game yet the admins can still admin there server ?

i fair like many you maybe scared of losing some of the features yourself . if you cant see that having such powers is abuse waiting to happen i dont know what to say. also there isnt going to be any for a start so there isnt no private servers.

what if the tools are available to all serves i standalone ? must i stay away for the whole game ? i do ask i have asked the dev team but they havent commented on it aprt from not working on the tools yet.

while you may get annoyed at my responses i get annoyed at spending days getting gear only to be cheated by many randoma admins abusing the very tools which are to stop abuse in the first place lol. cant you agree by removing the feature that are abused then we can have a fairer game yet the admins can still admin there server ?

i fair like many you maybe scared of losing some of the features yourself . if you cant see that having such powers is abuse waiting to happen i dont know what to say. also there isnt going to be any for a start so there isnt no private servers.

Then get a root and host ur own server! But stop complaining about the fact that everyone expect u is a douche ... Kids nowadays -.-