SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Cant believe I was banned for 3 days because I said another game released on steam. Dean actually encourages others to play the game I mentioned. 

Poor show mods, I wasnt spamming at all.

youll need to take that up in PM. Here is not the place for it, and from what I se on record, it was not due to mentioning any game.

PM only please, if you have an issue with moderation.

L

youll need to take that up in PM. Here is not the place for it, and from what I se on record, it was not due to mentioning any game.

L

OMFG Orlok is clearly trying to keep the forums clean for the release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CHOOOOOOO

• Like 3

L

Sorry lok but it was to do with a game. A new release on Steam in fact.

DUde he just said to talk about the situation in PM.

• Like 1

inb4 new ban

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alright getting back to the focus of this topic. It's possible we may see a release this week BUT it all depends on testing this week. 

Then again I could be wrong o.o

Alright getting back to the focus of this topic. It's possible we may see a release this week BUT it all depends on testing this week. 

Then again I could be wrong o.o

Hype train inbound...

1gRfvzY.jpg

• Like 6

Wait so we don't stand on the tracks?!

O_O OH SHI- *Gets runned over*

Dont worry brother, the body is temporal but the hype is everlasting.

• Like 1

Dont worry brother, the body is temporal but the hype is everlasting.

Sister actually e.e And that's great and all but HOW CAN I ENJOY SA NOW IF IM DEAD?

I'll start haunting people in a moment >8D

You posted about another game in this thread. It was removed for being off topic. Then you posted about it again. So I replied to it asking what it has to do with standalone progress. It was clear you didn't understand why your post was removed.

Post about the game in the off-topic section, nobody is stopping you. The mods have to take posting about other games in DayZ discussion threads seriously because there's a history of other games coming into the forums and directing people towards their games. When there's a post that only consists of someone saying a game has been released on steam, that comes across as spam.

• Like 1

Sister actually e.e And that's great and all but HOW CAN I ENJOY SA NOW IF IM DEAD?

I'll start haunting people in a moment >8D

Dont worry, you can still be the ghost of Green mountain.

Dont worry, you can still be the ghost of Green mountain.

I already AM the ghost of green mountain! :D

I already AM the ghost of green mountain! :D

Thats cool, everybody when gets to green mountain will be like...

This:

I would love for them to add some sort of easter egg for Green Mountain. Or maybe not even an easter egg but just deliberately have weird things happen there. 

• Like 1

I would love for them to add some sort of easter egg for Green Mountain. Or maybe not even an easter egg but just deliberately have weird things happen there. 

Same. Something about green mountain has always been terrifying.

Yeah, like when you using a radio get interference from a number station or something creepy like that, or maybe a 911 message like the one in lost? the one that has been broadcasting for years.

Edited by Henryllex~

That place that should go unnamed and any mass grave areas should have random airborne infection rates IMO.

Adding extra spooky/dangerous yet subtle things to key areas like castles or odd houses stuck out in the woods would be nice.

I just can't believe you play with a Xbox controller... 

Muahahaha... AND a keyboard/mouse at the same time.

• Like 1

Green Mountain should have some anomalous properties.  Jump off when no one is looking, and POOF.  You teleport somewhere.  Could be any number of locations.   On top of a high rise, in a swamp.  Swimming in Chyornaya Bay, on top of smoke stack.  You name it.  

That outta surprise more than one suicidal player.  Of course, no one should ever notify the community.  And if it is discovered.  It should be removed  :lol:

I definitely like the spooky aspect of DayZ, well, DayZ before it got tainted (1000 car servers, full loadouts, pay-to-win, self-bloodbag, 24/7 daytime, etc.) That and before people really were used to the sights, sounds, and activities of DayZ.

I remember folks talking about the "Hatchet man" at the Vybor bridge as well, that creeped me out. Same thing with the random "ghost" characters that would follow people around and I also remember seeing some screens of someone who found some randomly spawned priests in the woods.

Again, this is another thing that might be cheapened by cross-server characters (noticing a theme here?).

Imagine finding a note saying "Watched the bridge at Vybor for a few hours from afar. Noticed an odd fellow hiding underneath with nothing but a hatchet and a creepy mask on. Some other survivors went past and he followed them, never saw the other two again. But later, the man with the hatchet returned to his spot under the bridge. Beware." If that note was fixed to the server, along with your character, it'd be relevant to you. Rather than with cross-server characters, you can say "Oh, hatchet man's on US 4550, let's not log on there". Or, "Oh, hatchet man's on US 4550, let's log out of this server and check it out... or camp the spot with M249s and kill the sumbitch".

When I wrote the "Myshkino Lights" story way back last year, it was plausible (at least to me, being patently false, hence why it's in the "Urban Legends" thread) because there were so many unknowns in DayZ.

I'd love to see some rare "odd happenings" being implemented in-game later on in addition to the natural craziness of having a lot of player freedom. Nothing too over the top, no ghosts in sheets or vampires. I dunno, maybe like some objects mysteriously move on their own. Odd bells chiming in towns which are supposedly abandoned. Loud unexplainable moans and howls echoing across the fields of Chernarus. Menacing black dogs that stay just at the horizon tracking you. Some of this stuff sounds a bit artificial, but it could help buttress the already robust creepiness in interacting with other players. I always felt DayZ was more stressful than it was outright creepy or scary, if that makes any sense.

This sort of goes along with my discussion way back about making the game more atmospheric. A lot of it has to do with the weather as well, looking forward to seeing if the ARMA 3 fog is doable.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4