SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

No need for many hand gestures...

Just one.

Nahh man. Can't wait for all the tactical handsigns :)

Being german, this made me giggle way too much :D I bet it's even better when you don't speak germand :D :D

Edited by Weparo

Nahh man. Can't wait for all the tactical handsigns :)

If there's a wide variety of gestures and people take to using them frequently, I think that will greatly impact the visual experience of the SA. I noticed that last night when the group were all standing in a circle, with players occasionally making gestures. It made the scene feel a lot more animated and dynamic, and less like bunch of mannequins standing in a circle (like every other video game out there).

• Like 1

If there's a wide variety of gestures and people take to using them frequently, I think that will greatly impact the visual experience of the SA. I noticed that last night when the group were all standing in a circle, with players occasionally making gestures. It made the scene feel a lot more animated and dynamic, and less like bunch of mannequins standing in a circle (like every other video game out there).

Very true. My fave are the Hands up animations. Best way to show that you are friendly. A left hand up and left fist up would be awesome too! If you're in a group, the spotter/first guy can easily signal to stop moving/get to cover without much noise. Pretty sweet imho

• Like 1

Very true. My fave are the Hands up animations. Best way to show that you are friendly. A left hand up and left fist up would be awesome too! If you're in a group, the spotter/first guy can easily signal to stop moving/get to cover without much noise. Pretty sweet imho

Indeed. It's going to bring the characters to life in a way we don't often see in video games. I'm all for it.

Do we know for sure yet which gestures are confirmed?

• Like 1

Being german, this made me giggle way too much :D I bet it's even better when you don't speak germand :D :D

Being german, this video is just boring and pointless. Oh man, why do I had to be born in this f*cking country >.<

• Like 1

So anybody else think the Coke in this game should be called Pipsi?  ^_^  Also nice Hitler vid haha.

• Like 1

Being german, this video is just boring and pointless. Oh man, why do I had to be born in this f*cking country >.<

I too wish to not be german. Thats why I wanted to emigrate. But to where? I always liked the US, but with all that NSA shit going on... nah.

So anybody else think the Coke in this game should be called Pipsi?  ^_^  Also nice Hitler vid haha.

+1 Pipsi.

• Like 1

Indeed. It's going to bring the characters to life in a way we don't often see in video games. I'm all for it.

Do we know for sure yet which gestures are confirmed?

I have so no clue. The middle finger obviously (most stupid gesture, but whatever), the "Hands behind your back/in the air" and I think I saw a guy doing a "left hand up" sign while walking on the road. I'm not sure though.

They still plan on doing away with the highly visible quickbar right?

And I assume side-chat is included just for development purposes... right? *grumbles*

At one point in the stream he was asked about it and said there will be no side chat in the alpha. Thank god!

I agree the quickbar is an eyesore. I did notice a few times it disappeared from his screen, so hopefully its presence will be minimal for those who don't want to see it. Personally I'd like a button to bring it up or hide it.

I also hope that he does away with all the server messages in the bottom left. I don't want ot know who has modified files or whatever it keeps saying every time someone joins.

• Like 1

pointing will be real nice

motioning to be quiet, stand still, get down, or move forward will be nice too

motioning to be quiet, stand still, get down, or move forward will be nice too

I also hope that he does away with all the server messages in the bottom left. I don't want ot know who has modified files or whatever it keeps saying every time someone joins.

This and that :) I like it

The middle finger obviously (most stupid gesture, but whatever), 

disagree

disagree

Why, tell me good Sir, what purpose might this gesture posess? One might flipp off a zombie inb4 execution but besides that...

I too wish to not be german. Thats why I wanted to emigrate. But to where? I always liked the US, but with all that NSA shit going on... nah.

New Zealand :D

Why, tell me good Sir, what purpose might this gesture posess? One might flipp off a zombie inb4 execution but besides that...

dayz is ever so often about interaction between players, between different ppl and groups, and there are very weird/funny/thrilling situations from time to time. everything that adds to these situations on this level of interaction is an asset for the game.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3

At one point in the stream he was asked about it and said there will be no side chat in the alpha. Thank god!

I agree the quickbar is an eyesore. I did notice a few times it disappeared from his screen, so hopefully its presence will be minimal for those who don't want to see it. Personally I'd like a button to bring it up or hide it.

I'd be cool if the quickbar faded away. That'd be a cool way of keeping the interface clean while allowing for some functionality.

Wait...

Did you say no side chat in alpha?

anchorman-teamjump.gif

• Like 5

I'd prefer that there were a variety of gestures, and not just tactical ones. Reason being - because like i said - it  will bring the characters to life and add more depth to character interactions.

• Like 3

dayz is ever so often about interaction between players, between different ppl and groups, and there are very weird/funny/thrilling situations from time to time. everything that adds to these situations on this level of interaction is an asset for the game.

How is that interaction? I mean, nothing wrong with flipping someone off, but if you do it to me, I'll light you up afterwards. Just don't come around crying 'bout KoS 'n shit...

I'd be cool if the quickbar faded away. That'd be a cool way of keeping the interface clean while allowing for some functionality.

Wait...

anchorman-teamjump.gif

agreed :)

And thank god for that. What an immersion killer "any friendlis in cherno?" and "watch out for the sniper at NWAF" is.

• Like 1

How is that interaction? 

oh really?

... but if you do it to me, I'll light you up afterwards. Just don't come around crying 'bout KoS 'n shit...

how come, that it would cause that reaction of yours then?! now you tell me again if we weren't just interacting   ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

oh really?

nevertheless it would cause that reaction of yours?! now you tell me again if we were just interacting   ;)

haha, touché :P

I just felt like it's sorta "low" you know? Lots of little kiddies flipping ppl off and feeling badass... But as long as it 'll only be one of 10+ gestures.. sure.