SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Oh look! Yeah that was said. Get over it.

He just posted a quote, don't act like a fanboy.

• Like 1

I just figured it was interesting really.

• Like 1

I'm not acting, bro.

Rockets current handling of this same quote being thrown in his face on reddit is fascinating.

I feel he shouldn't have to watch his words on account of your feelings, and yet he does.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of special treatment or hero-worship of streamers/Youtubers. No thank you.

We all contribute.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

Yeah, I don't like the idea of special treatment or hero-worship of streamers/Youtubers. No thank you.

Then I guess you don't need to worry yourself too much:

Rocket:

There is no "pre release" streamer testing. It had been discussed previously and we had rejected it for the reasons that I've listed before. It was mooted that we should consider it again, but I told Brian it would only happen if there was community support for it.

He posted here to get comment. Without community support for the idea then it won't happen, and it certainly doesn't seem to me like there is.

Edited by RedNome

And from Rocket again:

I thought the idea might have merit although I had strong concerns against it, but it doesn't seem like it can be discussed and we won't do it without community support. So it looks like you're stuck with me streaming for the time being.

Rocket 20 days ago..

"Because then I play favorites with who I know and don't, and I accidentally miss someone and they get (legitimately) pissed off. Or I don't include a friend, and they get pissed off. Or I include all my friends who stream, and then people get pissed off with me for playing favorites. Argh!! so much drama. This isn't grey's anatomy thankfully so I'm just going to skip the drama, throw keys for sale, and you guys can all fight it out together."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qq9dv/dayz_standalone_test_15_november_2013/cdfg30z

It's not really much of a surprise because it is obvious to me these developers are horrible when it comes to communication.  For example, the post from Hicks saying they are going to select some content creators to test the pre-alpha before they do a full release.  After all the backlash, Rocket comments how "nobody said this was happening" and how they are just looking for our comments on the idea.  Hicks made no mention in his post that they were looking for comments, he all but said this was what they were doing.

• Like 1

It's not really much of a surprise because it is obvious to me these developers are horrible when it comes to communication. For example, the post from Hicks saying they are going to select some content creators to test the pre-alpha before they do a full release. After all the backlash, Rocket comments how "nobody said this was happening" and how they are just looking for our comments on the idea. Hicks made no mention in his post that they were looking for comments, he all but said this was what they were doing.

Agreed. I just hope shelving this idea didn't delay the SA being on my hard drive.

It's not really much of a surprise because it is obvious to me these developers are horrible when it comes to communication.  For example, the post from Hicks saying they are going to select some content creators to test the pre-alpha before they do a full release.  After all the backlash, Rocket comments how "nobody said this was happening" and how they are just looking for our comments on the idea.  Hicks made no mention in his post that they were looking for comments, he all but said this was what they were doing.

Maybe you should read things a little clearer next time then.

Taken from Hick's OP:

Well, we’d like to take feedback on expanding our existing player base to include those that would likely be the first folks to publicly demonstrate our early access offering when we go live.

And this one too:

Given the DayZ Development Team’s close ties with the DayZ community I’d like to outline some of the risks and rewards below – and then open the floor to community feedback on the topic.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1s8od4/prerelease_testing_lend_me_your_ears/

Fairly clear I think it's fair to say.

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 4

hey guys you are just going to have to accept a few things

#1 Rocket and the other guys posting are just trying to give you some information.

#2 Sometimes they change their minds.

I get a pretty good feeling here that when they do (change their minds), they are just doing what they feel is best and not trying to hurt or alienate anyone.  Honestly get over quoting him from 20 days or 6 months months ago.  What they are doing (making this game) is a pretty tough task and... things change, their ideas change, their approach changes, target dates move etc....  Sounds like an early release is happening within the next month or so - just try to take a deep breath and relax...

• Like 4

There is no "pre release" streamer testing. It had been discussed previously and we had rejected it for the reasons that I've listed before. It was mooted that we should consider it again, but I told Brian it would only happen if there was community support for it. He posted here to get comment. Without community support for the idea then it won't happen, and it certainly doesn't seem to me like there is. I thought the idea might have merit although I had strong concerns against it, but it doesn't seem like it can be discussed and we won't do it without community support. So it looks like you're stuck with me streaming for the time being. The decision was made NOT to do it long ago. But it looked like there might have been some support so we decided to get comment. In my brief review of the thread it seemed almost entirely opposed - so there is not broad support so it won't happen
Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

There is no "pre release" streamer testing. It had been discussed previously and we had rejected it for the reasons that I've listed before. It was mooted that we should consider it again, but I told Brian it would only happen if there was community support for it. He posted here to get comment. Without community support for the idea then it won't happen, and it certainly doesn't seem to me like there is. I thought the idea might have merit although I had strong concerns against it, but it doesn't seem like it can be discussed and we won't do it without community support. So it looks like you're stuck with me streaming for the time being. The decision was made NOT to do it long ago. But it looked like there might have been some support so we decided to get comment. In my brief review of the thread it seemed almost entirely opposed - so there is not broad support so it won't happen

ahhh reddit always makes me chuckle 

Anybody thinking a 2014  is a more likely release date now?

lol!!!

when was it not

The title of the post -> Pre-release Testing - Lend me your ears

EDIT: To quote Rocket on his official stance:

"Nobody has said this is happening. We're asking you for comment. If you want to use the opportunity to piss, moan, bitch, and call me a liar then by all means - but it isn't particularly persuasive."

Funny thing is : They still need more people for stress testing, so some people will still have earlier access and the ones that were feeling left out will still feel the same way. 

EDIT: To quote Rocket on his official stance:

"Nobody has said this is happening. We're asking you for comment. If you want to use the opportunity to piss, moan, bitch, and call me a liar then by all means - but it isn't particularly persuasive."

What are you trying to say with that quote?

Edit: All i'm trying to point out is that the title of the reddit post by hicks even has "Lend me your ears" in it. And the guy i quoted says there is no mention of asking for comments on the matter.

Edited by PXXL

How many people in this area are there? I'm guessing 100 at the most 200. How can this be considered a stress test unless their servers are made of paper?

i was commenting on zero3ffect saying hicks didnt ask for comments. Rocket was stating in his comment that they wanted comments 

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1