SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

So ambigious, i just want to know if the server worked as expected with 50. Since that was the goal.

HumanBeing25, exiled from this very forum is getting tons of love from Rocket on Reddit. How do you them apples?

• Like 2

It's not about clown masks in general, but very specifically the masks from Payday2.

Those masks in a rural russian area? I live in a big western country and have never seen anybody having these masks for real.

And additionally to that - where then are all the computers? Logically these masks could be found in piles of trash, like in a house where a big fan of Payday indeed possessed one, along with smashed monitors, broken pcs, teared up speakers and so on.

We'll have to wait and see to which extend the environmental complexity increases, before we can make a call.

I just doubt it will be anywhere close to being believeable and it would have a bad influence on immersion for me.

Hell what do we see next? Fucking Kerban plush toys?

Pretend that a mask collector bought them on ebay...Pretend that there is a local fancy dress store...Pretend that they ordered the from fanyclownmasks.com...Pretend they got them from any number of online retailers and that before the apocalypse, the mail system worked fine...Pretend that they got them with a payday 2 collectors edition...

Are you really getting worked up over the inclusion of a clown mask? I mean...Really?

I would like to beat someone to death with an xbox or playstation though...TVs and PCs and the like could easily be added into the game as aesthetic pieces, but holy fuck...They aren't exactly essential right now, are they?

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 1

DayZ is still happening in Russia though. If it's be supposed to be located in Czekoslowakia they'd have to change the letterings from cyrillic to latin. Or did they relocate it indeed? I recall that poster and the guy with the guy fawkes mask (which is ok) and that poster was czech. Hmmm.....

It's happening in Chernarus, a fictional country with fictional circumstances placed upon it. If an AR-15 can be found in Chernarus, so can a clown mask regardless of whether it's inspired by a pre-existing title. /argument

Edited by Katana67

rocket talks so much sense. when he was on about not making the game we want, but the game they need to develop for the future i just thought

this guy knows his shit

in rocket we trust

luv u rockit wub wub xx

Edited by elf cakes

It was enough for me today to see 50 people on the server. I don't need dates or anything, it's just nice to know they're making progress that we can see!

• Like 1

It's happening in Chernarus, a fictional country with fictional circumstances placed upon it. If an AR-15 can be found in Chernarus, so can a clown mask regardless of whether it's inspired by a pre-existing title. /argument

I like this guy!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yep got to agree with ya there. Though I wish the ak47/74 were added first vs the ar15 since it feels more real for that area. Though hopefully those extra unrealistic items would be a bit more rare and then It would feel more real that some seem to want.

Yep got to agree with ya there. Though I wish the ak47/74 were added first vs the ar15 since it feels more real for that area. Though hopefully those extra unrealistic items would be a bit more rare and then It would feel more real that some seem to want.

I have no idea what happened to it, as we've not seen it in a while, but they had a revised AK-74M for DayZ SA. No idea where it went, but it was shown off before the AR-15.

That said, I don't think any of these items are "unrealistic" for DayZ either.

EDIT - Got me thinking... Is there a thread anywhere compiling all of the weapons we've seen/heard that will be in SA? Just dug up an old screen with a Kar98 in it.

dayz-standalone-e3-3.jpg

Edited by Katana67

I have no idea what happened to it, as we've not seen it in a while, but they had a revised AK-74M for DayZ SA. No idea where it went, but it was shown off before the AR-15.

That said, I don't think any of these items are "unrealistic" for DayZ either.

EDIT - Got me thinking... Is there a thread anywhere compiling all of the weapons we've seen/heard that will be in SA? Just dug up an old screen with a Kar98 in it.

dayz-standalone-e3-3.jpg

That's a Mosin btw. :)

When Rocket pushes the button, I think he should IMMEDIATELY post "It's Happened" or "It Is Done" on twitter. 

Oh, and I'd like a ticket for the hype train please :D

Edited by Shadow134

@Shadow134

It's not. Compare the muzzles of a Mosin and Mauser. Reference model was probably a Czech VZ-24 Mauser.

800px-Mauser_1908.jpg

M9130.jpg

dayz-standalone-e3-3.jpg

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

ok my train derailed, blew up and run off of a cliff... i'm done with this sh*t. see y'all in 2015

@Shadow134

It's not. Compare the muzzles of a Mosin and Mauser. Reference model was probably a Czech VZ-24 Mauser.

800px-Mauser_1908.jpg

M9130.jpg

dayz-standalone-e3-3.jpg

How do they have a Kar98K if they haven't even made a model for one yet?

ok my train derailed, blew up and run off of a cliff... i'm done with this sh*t. see y'all in 2015

"50 person server test today, I'm pissed."

Good riddance!

How do they have a Kar98K if they haven't even made a model for one yet?

In fairness, it's a Mauser 98 (Gewehr). Not a Kar98K. Excuse my use of colloquialisms.

HumanBeing25, exiled from this very forum is getting tons of love from Rocket on Reddit. How do you them apples?

? i've only seen him being the only person down voted, in all the threads ive come across. seen his name about 6 times, all of which were downvoted. I feel bad for the downer.

Edited by Mazzar

? i've only seen him being the only person down voted, in all the threads in come across. seen his name about 6 times, all of which were downvoted. I feel bad for the downer.

If by love, he means "taken apart by Rocket", then yes. Yet another reason for me to never get interested in Reddit. Or Youtubers. Or Streamers.

If by love, he means "taken apart by Rocket", then yes. Yet another reason for me to never get interested in Reddit. Or Youtubers. Or Streamers.

At least he responds to them...  We don't particularly get a lot of love here... (aside from occasional snippets)

• Like 2

I'd rather be proud, unheard, and be surrounded by a few lovable loose nuts than miserable and surrounded by the dregs of humanity. :D

And that sounds like Rocket needs to stop by more often rather than wasting time answering (previously banned) trolls on Reddit...

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 6

I'd rather be proud, unheard, and be surrounded by a few lovable loose nuts than miserable and surrounded by the dregs of humanity. :D

And that sounds like Rocket needs to stop by more often than answer (previously banned) trolls on Reddit...

True enough

• Like 2

Yeah, baby.

Turn that hot piece of standalone around and give daddy a turn.

weHPDxF.gif

Edited by BioHaze

God I feel so bad for rocket and the idiots he has to put up with on a daily basis. I hope when he finishes his goals for days, that he will take a long vacation and relax. He has already earned such a right.

• Like 2

Maybe Reddit is Dean's DayZ. Where he gets his inspiration for desolation and despair.

• Like 5

Seems like they're still pushing the server. I bet this is the highest average amount of players they've had in a day so far, even if you took away that 52 player chunk of time.