yazar8

FN FAL or M4A1 CCO?

I would like to learn which one is the best to pickup?

I used both, FN FAL looks powerful, but would it balance itself with STANAG common-to find ammo and FN FAL's uncommon ammo?

Gotta choose one of these for a custom loadout I am offered. They give 5 mags, which one is better?

Edited by Yazar8

Get a gun with common ammo like the Enfield...or the Enfield...or a double barrel shotgun...

Get a gun with common ammo like the Enfield...or the Enfield...or a double barrel shotgun...

Can you choose one from FN FAL or M4A1CCO? Not a rifle that makes much noise.

If you get a custom load-out with 5 mags, I'd go with FN FAL.

That's just my opinion because I probably wouldn't live long enough to use 5 FAL mags. And also, are you getting a secondary? If no secondary I'd go with CCO because it's quieter. If you go with FAL and have to use it on zombies aswell, you'll be in for a rude awakening if you try to kill one in a town xD. You'll have every damn one of 'em on you. 

• Like 2

If you get a custom load-out with 5 mags, I'd go with FN FAL.

That's just my opinion because I probably wouldn't live long enough to use 5 FAL mags. And also, are you getting a secondary? If no secondary I'd go with CCO because it's quieter. If you go with FAL and have to use it on zombies aswell, you'll be in for a rude awakening if you try to kill one in a town xD. You'll have every damn one of 'em on you.

No secondary and yes, FN FAL attracts many zombies. Those poor bastards are like "wut I hear noizee brainssss brainzzzzz" and you find 10 zombies in a cofee shop. But that burst mode that FAL has, omg. It's like a tank. I got scared from myself at the first time I fired it at burst. Im like "holy shit" and the zombie was like "that escelated quickly" Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 2

No secondary and yes, FN FAL attracts many zombies. Those poor bastards are like "wut I hear noizee brainssss brainzzzzz" and you find 10 zombies in a cofee shop. But that burst mode that FAL has, omg. It's like a tank. I got scared from myself at the first time I fired it at burst. Im like "holy shit" and the zombie was like "that escelated quickly"

Yeah the FAL is strong, the CCO isn't too bad. 

Can you choose one from FN FAL or M4A1CCO? Not a rifle that makes much noise.

They are both loud too. How about a Winchester...?

• Like 1

If you can choose those two as part of a custom load out, you need to change server...

I hate those pay to win servers.

• Like 6

I use. Hunting knife to take down others, it uses no ammo so is clearly OP or the axe is also a great weapon

If you can choose those two as part of a custom load out, you need to change server...

I hate those pay to win servers.

I earned it, I didn't pay a single cent for that. They offered me one, can't turn it back :)

You might hate those "pay-to win" servers, but servers need donations. I did not run a DayZ community, but I ran a SA-MP community and I am still running one, running a server financially is very hard. If you don't receive any donations, it's hard to keep a server alive. Hopefully my community receives enough donations to run the server. They are needed, can't complain about them.

Also these were in the list, I elected the others, since they aren't that good, are they?

CZ550 Scoped, Lee Enfield, M14, FN FAL, M4A1CCO or M16A2

Edited by Yazar8

You might hate those "pay-to win" servers, but servers need donations, running a server financially is very hard. If you don't receive any donations, it's hard to keep a server alive. Hopefully my community receives enough donations to run the server. They are needed, can't complain about them.

Technically... servers don't need donations. They need to be paid for yes. I remember seeing several server hosters offering 50 slot servers for $20-30 a month (last I checked dayz servers were a competitive market). Some with locked in pricing. If I want to have my own server for myself and my friends to play on and pay directly out of my own pocket I don't need donations. I'm not a child who doesn't have a job. Additionally... even if it was $50 or $75 a month. If I can't get 5 grown men to donate $10 a month for a game we play religiously, then I need new friends...

When you go around setting up a server selling custom loadouts for $20, $30, $40 and even $50 you are now running a business. I'm sure there probably are servers out there which generally do need donations, but you need to  sit back a moment and understand the hate towards P2W servers. Don't agree with it? Fine, but at least understand the hate towards it.

• Like 3

Technically... servers don't need donations. They need to be paid for yes. I remember seeing several server hosters offering 50 slot servers for $20-30 a month (last I checked dayz servers were a competitive market). Some with locked in pricing. If I want to have my own server for myself and my friends to play on and pay directly out of my own pocket I don't need donations. I'm not a child who doesn't have a job. Additionally... even if it was $50 or $75 a month. If I can't get 5 grown men to donate $10 a month for a game we play religiously, then I need new friends...

When you go around setting up a server selling custom loadouts for $20, $30, $40 and even $50 you are now running a business. I'm sure there probably are servers out there which generally do need donations, but you need to sit back a moment and understand the hate towards P2W servers. Don't agree with it? Fine, but at least understand the hate towards it.

Those are way overpriced. I am totally against over-priced donations and servers that expect so much. 50$? Thats just too much.

A donation is a gift, without the expectation of anything in return.  A transaction is the exchange of money for goods or services.  If people want to charge for custom loadouts and whatnot on their server, that's their choice, but it just bothers me when they call it donations when they're really running a business, non-profit or otherwise.

Anyways, more on topic, I'd say the M4A1 CCO.  Yes the FAL deals more damage, but the M4 has a larger mag, a sight, and it's quieter to deal with zeds.  Also, if the M14 is up for grabs, I'd get that over the FN FAL.  Same damage and mag size, has a sight, and much more common ammo.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon
  • Like 3

Narkoman in fact one just opened up...aren't they violating some non profit rule with making players pay for a product they don't own/made themselves/have the rights to? Donation or not...getting something in return is a an action similar to the f2p concept...

On the other hand...people are idiots for paying those hosters...

Edited by Enforcer

A donation is a gift, without the expectation of anything in return.  A transaction is the exchange of money for goods or services.  If people want to charge for custom loadouts and whatnot on their server, that's their choice, but it just bothers me when they call it donations when they're really running a business, non-profit or otherwise.

Perfectly said. Have my beans.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 1

...but servers need donations. ...running a server financially is very hard. If you don't receive any donations, it's hard to keep a server alive. 

d0f708b6fad81d8162fe62a4ecb77c779c4e3f89

Maybe next time try... "employment"?

You might hate those "pay-to win" servers, but servers need donations. I did not run a DayZ community, but I ran a SA-MP community and I am still running one, running a server financially is very hard. If you don't receive any donations, it's hard to keep a server alive.

If 30 bucks a month is so financially trying for a person, then they have no business buying and paying for a server in the first place. And even if a server does take donations, people shouldn't be recieving things in return. Only idiots pay for something they know they won't be able to afford in the future.

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause.

vs.

Purchasing refers to a business or organization attempting to acquiring goods or services to accomplish the goals of its enterprise.

There's a huge difference between a server offering a fun place for people to play and socialize, and a server that runs a business for the sole reason of making profit (believe it or not that is what 99% of paid servers do, regardless of what they might say they do with the money). Which is the plain reason why you'll recieve no love from most of this community in regards to 'custom loadouts'.

On topic. Pick whatever you like the most.

FAL if you get 5 magazines with it, if you never miss you could kill 50 people with that so ammunition shouldn't be an issue. Noise doesn't matter if you don't use your rifle to shoot zombies, that's what the pistol and melee slots are for.

I earned it, I didn't pay a single cent for that. They offered me one, can't turn it back :)

You might hate those "pay-to win" servers, but servers need donations. I did not run a DayZ community, but I ran a SA-MP community and I am still running one, running a server financially is very hard. If you don't receive any donations, it's hard to keep a server alive. Hopefully my community receives enough donations to run the server. They are needed, can't complain about them.

Also these were in the list, I elected the others, since they aren't that good, are they?

CZ550 Scoped, Lee Enfield, M14, FN FAL, M4A1CCO or M16A2

DUDE the cz550!!!! if not that then the m14 its they are better then the fal

DUDE the cz550!!!! if not that then the m14 its they are better then the fal

It is a rare gun, I found it the other day spawned for probably the 2nd time in over a year.  The only other time I've had it is off the pick-up truck.  But yeah, I do agree the M14 over the FAL.

M14 fo' sho'

I love the FNFAL a lot, but the M14 is more practical.

M14 fo' sho'

I love the FNFAL a lot, but the M14 is more practical.

Gee... was that an option? ;) Maybe reread the title. 

I don't know why people think the CZ550 is rare, probably becuase they never loot barns. Just go into 2-3 barns and you'll come out with atleast one and around a dozen magazines.

But i would either take the M14 or FAL. Overall the FAL IS a better gun, in several ways.

1: Longer range, more accurate

2: Burst, usefull indoors

3: Shorter than the M14

4: Camouflaged. If you have a ghillie, The M14's bright wooden stock stands out more than the grey FAL

Although most people say the M14 is better becuase of the sight, it offers no magnification, and is shit over 200m. I always regret dropping my CZ550 for one. They only real advantages the M14 has is your targets don't know if you have a DMR, CZ, SvD, ect, and the more common ammo.

As of the latest update, however, FAL mags spawn in all military areas relatively common.

I don't know why people think the CZ550 is rare, probably becuase they never loot barns. Just go into 2-3 barns and you'll come out with atleast one and around a dozen magazines.

I'll rephrase, used to be rare.  Before they reworked barns and deer stands, the CZ-550 had a .5% chance of spawning in barns only, and barns used to have fewer spawn points.  Now it's 1.41% in all barns and 4.39% in deer stands.

Even so, I don't prefer it as a go-to sniper.  The lack of mil-dots just doesn't do it for me, and the ammo slot efficiency is too low.  At least the M24/M40A3 (the other 5 bullet mag bolt-actions) allow you to pack 4 of their mags in DMR mags.  And your wood stock being bad camo applies for the CZ as well.  It's really just a novelty weapon, at least for me.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

Eh, it is fairly easy to get your hands on, ammo is easy to come by, and it zeros. In addition you can use the marks on the scope to figure out where to zero it. It is a rifle you can pick up even after visiting the coast again and shoot things a good distance away. I've actually used it in Epoch since DMRs just don't exist, which has forced me to actually take a look around at other guns suitable for "overwatch" in a group.