Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

what questions would you like answered before buying the SA ?

what would you like to know that hasnt been confirmed before buying the standalone when available?

i think this would be very useful somethings may of been covered and not are all forum nerds who live here all day :lol:

maybe each person post one question correctly and see if it can be answered.

my question would be

Q . In standalone will there be live admin server tools to tracks players movements like in the mod ?

some have said no before but recently rocket talked about server tools and im just interested in to what they might entail and if they can be abused.

• Like 1

Question: Can you wake me up when you release it?  Or even an hour or two after you release it.

• Like 1

I would like to know the minimum specs. I'm one of the people who can't afford a gaming computer so I rarely get to play the latest games. I doubt DayZ will be an exception.

• Like 3

I would like to know the minimum specs. I'm one of the people who can't afford a gaming computer so I rarely get to play the latest games. I doubt DayZ will be an exception.

I know a lot of people run Arma 2 on their laptop to play the mod and Rocket has said the (a couple times now) performance was much better than the mod. So... Lets hope the minimum spec is low for everyone's sake!

• Like 1

Will the zombies actually be a threat? Or are they just appearing to be a threat?

If they have the same damage as the current state of the mod, but also run I think they can be a threat (been practising by only killing zombies outside where they can run and believe me it's not easy with most weapons)

Will there be private servers?

Is the hacker and script hooking issue corrected/fixed/complete/finished?

How much is the game?

How will the loot system work (food drops? little food? little everything? cans and a rusty broken kitchen knife?)

I'd like to see if the servers would still have custom modding as they do nowadays.

Because, frankly, I enjoy hopping on a 500 vehicle mass pvp server where you start with a Leroy enfield. It helps me practice my PVP skills (which still suck), and it still quite action-packed.

Also, I'd like to know if they'll actually put use into the radio, such as making it an "in-game Skype", but disable outer programs from working. That could be put in as a new type of "filter" like the currently existing ones on DayZ commander.

As for Specs , Dayz Daily has discussed that in his last weeks video ( as of 17-11-13. Check him out on youtube at DayzDaily ( I think). 
2 Cores are enough , 2.8ghz on your cpu recommended. 2gb of video memory will be the max to use. 28gb of space will be necesary , and 600mb for the server software.
Also , the admin tools are re-made from scratch , but they copied all the original ideas from arma 2 into .
As for release date , I doubt he wont say : '' We are releasing it for (insert specific date or week) . Although , he promised it a year ago , you never know hehe . 

How big is the game ((GB)) 

Will there be map  dlc? ((Not like COD where you have to pay, but like maps added in the future like Panthera, Taviana Altis and  Stratis etc... Free maps

The game should only cost about 20 $ no higher than that , i think it should

I want to know about server browsing, how's that gonna work? Also stat tracking

28gb of space will be necesary

Whoa, isn't that more than Operation Flashpoint + ArmA 2 Combined Operations + ArmA 3 Beta combined? Huh.

Will there be map  dlc? ((Not like COD where you have to pay, but like maps added in the future like Panthera, Taviana Altis and  Stratis etc... Free maps

Fairly sure Dean said new maps will become available for free (year and half after launch, my guess). I infer that he intends to create entirely new maps on his own. He says he'd love to do a western map. This is smart. 

I remember Dean saying in an early interview that part of the serendipity of the project was the fact that Chernarus happened to work really well for what he had envisioned. It was luck. The other Arma maps are fun and I'm sure many people favor Taviana or some other map more, but Chernarus is obviously the player favorite for a reason. But imagine a massive world like Chernarus (or more!) that is specifically tailored for the game DayZ.

DayZ might not click initially with the general public. It might need its own map. It seems a common complaint from the less than committed is about the map itself. Also, there have been so many great ideas just on this forum related to map construction it begs a new one just to see all the cool stuff implemented.

As Dean Hall confirmed himself , it will take up rougly 30gb of storage on your Hard Drive ( or SSD , which is recommended for faster performance.

The game should only cost about 20 $ no higher than that , i think it should

They are going for the Minecraft way  , and also kind of the Arma 3 way. Build up the price after more stuff gets released in the form of alpha , beta and Retail. So expect 20$

what would you like to know that hasnt been confirmed before buying the standalone when available?

i think this would be very useful somethings may of been covered and not are all forum nerds who live here all day :lol:

maybe each person post one question correctly and see if it can be answered.

my question would be

Q . In standalone will there be live admin server tools to tracks players movements like in the mod ?

some have said no before but recently rocket talked about server tools and im just interested in to what they might entail and if they can be abused.

good question :beans:

me too I ask 'Rocket, please say me this one, is new architecture don't make possible making tools for abuse by admin? because this ruin game maybe more than hacker bastards' >:(

but you asking already so I ask this one

'hey rocket what is best guess from you how long is taking after alpha release you expect full finish game is same like your vision?'

I'd like to see if the servers would still have custom modding as they do nowadays.

Because, frankly, I enjoy hopping on a 500 vehicle mass pvp server where you start with a Leroy enfield. It helps me practice my PVP skills (which still suck), and it still quite action-packed.

I forsee tears in your future. 

• Like 1

Mine would be:

Are there planed to be more maps than Chernarus in the future? Don't get me wrong, I like Chernarus as is, but I'd like to have some new area which I do not already know.

yes would love to see especially namalsk and taviana . those two alone kept me playing dayz hardcore for a good chunk of the time i played. especially namalsk .

Can we please have a Roman bath facility, after a big day in the forest i like to relax with my like minded brethren in a warm and soapy environment.

• Like 2

I know this is kind of all confirmed (more clothing), but will there be more WARM clothing? I'd think it'd be more immersive especially with the feature with being able to see your breath. I mean i'm not talking like big thick fur parkas or anything (could happen) but maybe something like a balaclava like the one in my profile pic. I mean i'm pretty sure Russia can be freezin balls in some area and its kind of weird for people to be walkin around in like flannel and shorts. Maybe thats just because russians adapt  :P. Eh, I just kind of want to make my character unique, maybe like with that balaclava and a baseball cap on. Look like a unique survivor.