Statik (DayZ)

Best DayZ Video on Earth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating

In this case the goal is to put 150 round in a guy. The unmoral advantage is to not beeing limited to magazine size and ammo count. Rules: M9 has a 15 round mag. the guy in the vid didn't. => Rule breaking => cheat.

It was SCRIPTED

Its a MOVIE .... FICTION ... NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

They were all in on it

It was playacting ... like Shakespeare .. or Michael Fucking Bay

How have you not gotten this yet? 

• Like 2

OK, let me redefine. You are not a cheater. certainly not a hacker (no sarcasm intended). Then let me tell you what I don't approve of. YOUR M9 HAVING 150+ ROUNDS WHEN IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE 15. And you scripted around that. And that's my problem. you not sticking to the fact that the average m9 mag has 15 rounds. and that what I don't like. Wether you call that a script, a cheat or a hack, i don't care. The problem is you m9 having more than 15 rounds

What is the damage that a zombie can do in DayZ?

Has that damage amount ever been changed?

When it was changed, was that considered cheating? That is essentially what you are arguing. That by changing any variable in a game you are cheating. If a private server admin wanted to create a super zombie and give them higher than normal damage, would it be cheating if everyone who played on the server knew there were super zombies? No.

Let's look at it another way. Was DayZ created to allow people to build a base? No. Is that a predominant feature of Epoch? Yes. Were the Epoch devs cheating? No, but according to your formula they were. No one but you would accuse them of cheating.

It's all really simple. If you don't want to trust Musty admin, then don't. Don't play on the servers. Go play wherever you want. The fact is that anyone who wants a great DayZ experience can come to Musty and ask any number of current regular players how they feel about Musty administrators. I guarantee that they will get nothing but positive feedback. If someone reads this thread and automatically assumes Musty isn't a good place to be, without even trying to find the truth, then that's their problem.

I expect you to understand that this video was created with the purpose of making fun of certain people, who took it for what it was ... a joke ... ( The definition of "Parody") and at no time was normal gameplay effected on the public servers 

If you cant find it within yourself to comprehend the words you see on your screen then please, with all due haste, return your computer to the store from whence it came. 

Please understand my point; The fact is you guys tamper with that stuff and play that way. I could care less if it was a locked server.

In my time gaming there is one thing ive learned when it comes to things like this, you either despise it or find it acceptable. Not much in between ground.

Literally no one I have ever played with would ever use any thing like unlimited ammo no matter what the circumstance. Like me they would absolutely refuse to.

It is becoming obvious which side you lay on and no amount of discussion will resolve this arguement.

Agreed to disagree.

This video is so fuggin funny, you guys are asshats for trolling on like this. Just shut up and don't play here. 

Good job everybody involved.

• Like 1

Like I pointed out earlier in this thread and funnily enough taken from your link being the first sentence in that very wikipedia-article:

Yes, I saw that too. Yet they had an unfair advantage and broke rules. which according to the article makes them cheaters. Just because one criteria doesn't meet doesn't mean the rest does too.

How about the people that have an issue take it to pm with said party. Some of us would like to enjoy the humor here.

• Like 5

Please understand my point; The fact is you guys tamper with that stuff and play that way.

No, no one actually plays like what was portrayed in the video on any Musty servers

THIS is the fact that you have failed to grasp from the start

It was MAKE BELIEVE FFS

• Like 1

they had an unfair advantage

Over who?

Have you ever watched an actionmovie and enjoyed it? Or have you always been thinking "His clip should be empty by now - why is he not reloading?"

If you have ever thought that and didn't switch your TV off immediately it makes you a hypocrite pointing it out on here.

If you haven't been thinking that it - why would you think like that in this case? It is a video for entertainment purposes - just like your average actionmovie.

• Like 1

It was SCRIPTED

Its a MOVIE .... FICTION ... NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

They were all in on it

It was playacting ... like Shakespeare .. or Michael Fucking Bay

How have you not gotten this yet? 

I dont care if you only used it one time on a locked server for a movie. The fact is you did and to be blunt that crosses the line into what I describe has the weakest of the weak who would even touch something like that. I hate to start being rude about it but trust me I could say much more about the use of any type of mechinism that could potentially be used as a cheat.

I dont care if you only used it one time on a locked server for a movie. The fact is you did and to be blunt that crosses the line into what I describe has the weakest of the weak who would even touch something like that. I hate to start being rude about it but trust me I could say much more about the use of any type of mechinism that could potentially be used as a cheat.

GO AWAY!

see_you_trolling_My_New_Avatar-s750x600-

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

No, no one actually plays like what was portrayed in the video on any Musty servers

THIS is the fact that you have failed to grasp from the start

It was MAKE BELIEVE FFS

Whether or not you only did it one time for a movie, ive seen for a fact you playing that in that very vid.

You can try to tell me all you want you only did it one time and I can tell you I wont take you word for it but that doesnt even matter. The fact that you used it even one time is all I need to know in truth.

The fact you defend it speaks even more volume.

Whether or not you only did it one time for a movie, ive seen for a fact you playing that in that very vid.

You can try to tell me all you want you only did it one time and I can tell you I wont take you word for it but that doesnt even matter. The fact that you used it even one time is all I need to know in truth.

No one cares what you think.

*Edit* NO ONE

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Do you understand that basically every tool an administrator has available to them, on EVERY DAYZ SERVER, could potentially be used as a cheat? Yet you are only focusing on Musty.

It is quite obvious that you have a vendetta and are simply arguing in circles. Whatever caused you to have such disdain, I don't know. But the fact that you're going out of your way to try to discredit Musty is a bit concerning.

• Like 6

I'll make this my final statement in this thread, as we are all just arguing about a point we all agree on, and that is that hax ruin dayz.

Myself and apparently some others were not particularly happy about some community members using scripts to alter their weapon behaviour as this is what hackers usually do, even if they just wanted to make an understandable point. I do certainly not distrust musty gaming because of a video that has a message which I totally agree with. (Hax ruin DayZ).

Yet the rage and the harsh comments and offenses agains some users, as they occur in a heated debate are another story.

Weparo out

PS: As a matter of fact I do. It is total bullshit that two guys can take out a whole army without even getting a scratch. Which doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them. But there are better movies. Movies where the guy makes a very detailled and functional plan, using weak spots of the enemies defense. But that's not relevant now I suppose.

Over who?

Have you ever watched an actionmovie and enjoyed it? Or have you always been thinking "His clip should be empty by now - why is he not reloading?"

If you have ever thought that and didn't switch your TV off immediately it makes you a hypocrite pointing it out on here.

If you haven't been thinking that it - why would you think like that in this case? It is a video for entertainment purposes - just like your average actionmovie.

I am not in the video and am in no way a member of the staff of these servers

The next time you use the word fact, be sure of the definition

Do you understand that basically every tool an administrator has available to them, on EVERY DAYZ SERVER, could potentially be used as a cheat? Yet you are only focusing on Musty.

It is quite obvious that you have a vendetta and are simply arguing in circles. Whatever caused you to have such disdain, I don't know. But the fact that you're going out of your way to try to discredit Musty is a bit concerning.

Im focusing on Musty because I just seen an advertisment for your server featuring 3 dudes using unlimited ammo.

Then you say its ok becase it was just for this special occasion. Well what other "special occasions" will you find it accpetable?

Im not going out of my way to descredit anyone, im only politely expressing my disguist for any use whatsoever of a mechnism that could be potentially used to cheat.

I do certainly not distrust musty gaming because of a video that has a message which I totally agree with. (Hax ruin DayZ).

One minor point of clarification: the point of the video has nothing to do with hacks. Some Musty members were discussing whether or not having night on a server leads to a population decline. The video was meant to poke a bit of fun and say that night doesn't cause issues as much as having a group of players (Cleanup Crew specifically) who will bandit and blow up anything that's capable of being blown up. Hence the reason they were pretending to kill a noob after pretending to be helpful, and crashing two helicopters into a shack. CC is known for, shall we say, a bit of overkill in the destruction department. Admin tools were used to further exaggerate the actions, which is what a parody is all about. Reference movies such as Airplane, Hot Shots, and Scary Movie.

• Like 3

no right thinking person, after reading all explainations can accuse this guy of cheating

however as has been said by others it is extremely unhelpful for 'responsible' members of the community to post a video which clearly shows the use of hacks.

especially when that group tries to hold itself up as a paragon of virtue as far as representing this game is concerned.

cheating no, silly gaff yes

snip

and you sir are the biggest troll on the thread

every post you make is inflammatory and insulting, you should stop throwing stones inside that glass house you inhabit, it's rather embarrassing.

Edited by LeeHarveyEnfield
  • Like 3

Im focusing on Musty because I just seen an advertisment for your server featuring 3 dudes using unlimited ammo.

Then you say its ok becase it was just for this special occasion. Well what other "special occasions" will you find it accpetable?

Im not going out of my way to descredit anyone, im only politely expressing my disguist for any use whatsoever of a mechnism that could be potentially used to cheat.

Again, you are speaking in circles. Do you refuse to play on any server that has an administrator? If no, then you are a hypocrite. Every admin for DayZ has the potential to cheat, yet most of them don't. This is no different. An admin can spawn a tank. That is a standard mechanism that could potentially be used to cheat. But I don't see you complaining about it. Ergo, I have to assume you have personal feelings against Musty and are trying to spin something innocuous into a "scandal" and proof of your personal feelings.

I would encourage any user that doesn't hold a grudge against Musty to stop by the forums, servers, or Teamspeak. Ask around and see how the people feel about Musty. I am confident that you will be as happy with the community as I am.

• Like 2

Again, you are speaking in circles. Do you refuse to play on any server that has an administrator? If no, then you are a hypocrite. Every admin for DayZ has the potential to cheat, yet most of them don't. This is no different. An admin can spawn a tank. That is a standard mechanism that could potentially be used to cheat. But I don't see you complaining about it. Ergo, I have to assume you have personal feelings against Musty and are trying to spin something innocuous into a "scandal" and proof of your personal feelings.

I would encourage any user that doesn't hold a grudge against Musty to stop by the forums, servers, or Teamspeak. Ask around and see how the people feel about Musty. I am confident that you will be as happy with the community as I am.

What does other dmins have to do with the video I just watched?

Sure all admin can do it, but I just watched Musty admin do it and display it on the internet.

infinite ammunition can never be described as an admin tool

that is just foolish talk.

although it's use here may not be classed as cheating per se in any other situation that is the only way it can be viewed. it's crass and demeans the mod.

• Like 2

although it's use here may not be classed as cheating per se in any other situation that is the only way it can be viewed. it's crass and demeans the mod.

Infinite anything can most certainly be described as an admin tool, as admin can spawn whatever they want.

What is interesting is that the only people who view it as cheating are people who are not playing on the server. One would have to ask themselves why the people who are playing on the servers have nothing but good things to say, but a handful of people who do not use the server are the ones screaming "hax!!!!".

• Like 1

Yet the possibility to do this is built in the code and needs only one line of code packed in a loop and you're done. Nothing needs to be abused to use it.

• Like 4

Infinite anything can most certainly be described as an admin tool, as admin can spawn whatever they want.

What is interesting is that the only people who view it as cheating are people who are not playing on the server. One would have to ask themselves why the people who are playing on the servers have nothing but good things to say, but a handful of people who do not use the server are the ones screaming "hax!!!!".

because they watched a video which showed a player, possibly an administrator, using, what to all intents and purposes is a hack, a method of cheating used too often by those who have ruined the game.

although as previously stated it seems in this instance no cheating occurred, it has taken 6 pages of explanation and argument to establish that fact.

you can forgive players for feeling angry, even now after the facts have emerged, it's use in the video still seems unnecessary and distasteful.

Yet the possibility to do this is built in the code and needs only one line of code packed in a loop and you're done. Nothing needs to be abused to use it.

my point was not it's availability for admins, only that infinite ammo can not be sensibly described as a tool for administrating a server.

Edited by LeeHarveyEnfield
  • Like 1