Sign in to follow this  
 DropBearChick

60+ frames eludes me

Anyone know what computer specs i need for 60+ frames and for a reasonable price? preferabley in the price range of 800-1400 $AU

If 60+ on high or very high is what your after, no amount of money would do that. Of course unless you are staring at the sky or ground.

ArmA II is very unoptimized, you could get only 30 - 40 on a $1500 build, its just the way it is.

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily go for that build. It's over a year old in terms of performance, along with the prices being outdated. Not to mention, this video only list parts, and shows no proof that the build can willfully sustain itself 'maxing out every game you throw at it' no matter how credible it looks.

Honestly, if you want the best PC build you can buy and not waste any money, I would simply wait until the standalone is released. I know what you are thinking, "Wait until the standalone is released? Are you mad? This money is burning a hole in my pocket and I need to spend it now!". Granted, I agree it can be extremely tempting to buy a PC as soon as you get the money/will for it, but once you see how DayZ runs on other computers, it will give you the confidence you need to assemble the monstrosity and get gaming.

Besides, the first PC I've ever built, I remember two months in thinking "Wow, why did I do this? There is no one to talk to and these controls are blonkers!" because for some reason, we as humans feel the need for comfort as soon as change happens. I now don't regret turning over to the PC platform since I am settled in after meeting awesome people that allowed me to finally call this new place "home", you still might need some time to think through with it.

I hope I helped, and you can totally disregard this advice. if it was me in your shoes about a year ago, I would have said f*ck you to anyone who said this to me

• Like 1

Why bother with last-gen hardware? And damn if you don't even look for deals then you're going to get ripped off. Shop around, consider alternative brands and versions of the product (i.e. corsair PSUs used to be good but some are no longer made by Seasonic, I bought a Seasonc x750w for 100 dollars recently). 

Edit: sorry didn't see AU, still true though.

Edited by icomrade

60 fps on high? DayZ?

Do you have $10.000?

Lol'd

I think we all have $10 dollars.

xD

Edited by C0okieH
  • Like 2

Lol'd

I think we all have $10 dollars.

xD

Now you're thinking in komas :D

Europe 10.000 = 10k and 10,000 = 10

USA 10,000 = 10k but 10.000 = 10

• Like 2

I've never had any problems running at 60fps for some reason

my specs are pretty standard and it runs at 60fps even in cities 

Once you hit a certain hardware point it's hit and miss.

Such is the way of Arma II.

You could have a stock 4770K and a GTX770 and get 60 FPS.

Your friend could have an overclocked 4770K and a GTX780 and get 40 FPS

DayZ Mod just hates everyone.

• Like 2

My god man! tell us your secret!

I get 60+ FPS on my rig, higher in some cities and on a mounain i get 80, My rig cost me £1000 and it's a 4770k CPU and GTX780 GPU with 16GB Ram etc

• Like 2

Anyone know what computer specs i need for 60+ frames and for a reasonable price? preferabley in the price range of 800-1400 $AU

2000€ and even with that amount of money your frames will drop. I have a reasonable frames when playing and it usually drops into the 30s when i visit bigger towns. What bugs me though is that 50fps doesn't feel like 50fps at all like in other games. It's not stuttering or so it's like you trying to play another game on a pc with "recommended specs".

I don't know what you're all getting in a discussion here. Vanilla DayZ with a Server restarted within the past couple of hours gives me usually 60 FPS around major cities. I would most likely get more, but as I have VSync on I don't.

Obviously, if you're playing on a heavilly modded and / or Epoch-Server you will not be as likely to get anywhere around that. I still see people complaining about performance while in reality R4Z0R49 has done a lot to improve performance. You should try Vanilla some time. It's performing extremely good since 1.8

• Like 2

I get 18 FPS out in the country, while in the villages and citys I get 6-10 FPS. I only get 12 FPS in towns in ArmA 2 Singleplayer with everything on low. I sure hope the SA will give me atleast 20 FPS in Cherno/Elektro

Once you hit a certain hardware point it's hit and miss.

Such is the way of Arma II.

You could have a stock 4770K and a GTX770 and get 60 FPS.

Your friend could have an overclocked 4770K and a GTX780 and get 40 FPS

DayZ Mod just hates everyone.

I have exactly this setup and I normally get between 55 and 75 fps on High settings, depending on the server. Edited by dancros

What is your current specs?

You may just need a minor upgrade.

I still rin a core 2 duo amd ddr2 800 setup with hd6850 and get 45 fps. Also upgrading now caise i onlu get 20 on bf4 with low settings.

Going the fx 6300 route with msi gd 46 and 8 gig ram. The amd build gets me an extra 1 tb 65meg cache hdd and new case compared to an intel 3570 build.

Edited by jpk

Arma is so poorly optimized that it is ridiculous. I doubt that even a $6,000 system would yield 60+ frames per second....

Arma is so poorly optimized that it is ridiculous. I doubt that even a $6,000 system would yield 60+ frames per second....

Where did you find that? Heard it somewhere from someone who has read that on some forums?

Arma 2 Clientsides is running just fine, I never had performance-issues on regular ARMA 2 or OA.

The real problem is when it comes to serverhosting, it's very resource-intense.

I never had problems, even when recording ARMA. I can record DayZ with about 40-50 FPS and ARMA 60 FPS and my PC was not even around 1,000€.

This is not even remotely true. My set up cost me just shy of $2000 AU. And as I said earlier, I generally get upwards of 55 to 70 fps in dayz. 120 in bf3 on ultra and 80-90ish in bf4 on ultra. Im running an i7 4770k and gtx 770.

Edited by dancros

alright another question what will i need if starting from scratch with building a pc like will i need speakers, a cpu cooler etc

if so is this what i need to be able to play?

(i have a mouse and keyboard and headphones)

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Edited by spartan54820

alright another question what will i need if starting from scratch with building a pc like will i need speakers, a cpu cooler etc

Speakers, you will have to buy seperately, but CPU coolers and case fans I'm pretty sure come with it. CPU coolers come in the CPU box, and case fans come in the case.

That build will play anything on the market right now, and is pretty future proof at least for a couple of years.

I can get you a cheaper build but I cannot guarantee that it will run everything on ultra 60+ fps.

This is not even remotely true. My set up cost me just shy of $2000 AU. And as I said earlier, I generally get upwards of 55 to 70 fps in dayz. 120 in bf3 on ultra and 80-90ish in bf4 on ultra. Im running an i7 4770k and gtx 770.

I have a very similer system and get very similer frames, you get what you pay for :) A shit PC will give you shit frames

For max frames you want a 3770k or ideally a 4770k, get a top end 6 series GTX or 7 series, the 690 is a truely exellent card or the GTX770-780 etc

RAM i'd aim for at least 4 GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz but more is better and a higher frequency if possible like 2400 Mhz and get a decent brand like Corsair Vengeanace or Dominator

You'll need a half decent MOBO that supports your CPU

Never skimp on a cheap PSU, get a 750w Corsair or a decent brand, shit brands even at a higher wattage will crash your PC and last 5 minutes

Case is up to you, go for practical or something that looks pretty but make sure it will fit a high end card, my GTX780 is about 410mm and sits very close to the HDD bays

Assuming you're not overclocking the CPU or GPU then you can get away with the stock coolers, if you are overclocking then don't skimp on cooling, this can be air or water cooling depending on your budget, this though is something you can address in the future when the system becomes outdated.

Don't forget decent fans, you want more air out than in and cheap fans make a right old noise, look for something with rubber mountings

Speakers are optional, you have headphones so unless you want others to hear the game sounds you don't need them.

*EDIT*

Another option, I've always been an Intel/Nvidia fan, you can save money by looking at AMD/Radeons instead, they're generally cheaper and some people seem to like them.

Edited by PK Richie