Sign in to follow this  
klesh

(SA) I would love to put a scope on the Mosin

YES!  I've been planning on using the mosin as my main rifle ever since they confirmed it would be in SA.  I'm glad I'll be able to put a scope on it.

• Like 4

Awesome.

I'm really interested to see what loot scarcity will be like.

....planning on using the mosin as my main rifle....

Might be easier said than done.

• Like 1

Oops wrong thread ^^

Edited by PXXL

OOOOOH MY GOOOOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• Like 1

God damn twitter and its shitty little lo res images.

• Like 2

I hope its really rare or aftermarket and sporting scopes replace it as the original scopes, along with many optics of the era, were very fragile.

Edited by Krobar
  • Like 1

as the original scopes, along with many optics of the era, were very fragile.

Since the SA will have item degradation, perhaps it's fragility will be reflected?

Glad they chose a PU scope.

• Like 1

What's so good about this Mosin Nagant thing. It's a bolt action rifle invented 122 years ago. I don't see the practical uses in it compared to an AK or something like that...

What's so good about this Mosin Nagant thing. It's a bolt action rifle invented 122 years ago. I don't see the practical uses in it compared to an AK or something like that...

7.62x51R will drop almost anything you throw in front of it (if a .303 British can take out an Elephant, so can the 7.62x54R). Higher damage/range versus higher magazine capacity/rate-of-fire. Likewise, it'll probably be easier to find/rearm/maintain/repair than an AK in Standalone.

That PU scope sure is tasty, would've loved to see the other side of the rifle to see if they bent the bolt handle down. Would also love to throw a makeshift suppressor on that as well to really rule the field bandit domain. I still hope they have the SMLE somewhere in SA.

Edited by Katana67

I don't see the practical uses in it compared to an AK or something like that...

Makes a better club

1. Easier to find. Common farmer's and cheap hunters gun.

2. Durable. Just a durable as AK but a simpler action.

3. Does NOT need magazines. Single load one at a time if the scope is on. You could use stripper clips and load all 5 if there is no scope on it. The plus to this over magazine is that you could make your own stripper clips.

4. Common Ammo. Same rounds are still used today in modern long rifles.

5. Longer range and more stopping power.

6. Bayonet. Big, scary, bayonet.

7. It makes a damn good club.

• Like 2

awesome, but i'll still be using the cz550 if the scope doesnt have a built in rangefinder. 

if it does, i'll have some hard choices to make. 

awesome, but i'll still be using the cz550 if the scope doesnt have a built in rangefinder. 

if it does, i'll have some hard choices to make. 

The original optic is pre-WW2 era and very basic but an aftermarket optic may have mil dots.

Edited by Krobar