SmashT

November Round-up

If it launches in 2013 it'll be so broken, they've waited this long, I don't think there is any point in rushing now, you only have one first impression.

Those who turst on first impressions shouldn't even play this until somewhere in the beta. And beta can be a long way ahead.

• Like 1

Surprised we aren't passed 200 pages after the stream...

My take on everything - 

Mid December - Early 2014 release.

> Server is still having issues (Maybe the Dev server isn't as strong as the Alpha servers are going to be?)

> Still a ton of minor glitches/bugs, but that can be fixed after Alpha is released

I don't see them stabilizing the server before December

I remember dean saying they hadn't merged the optimizations in yet (during the stream), probably just waiting on that?

• Like 2

Surprised we aren't passed 200 pages after the stream...

My take on everything - 

Mid December - Early 2014 release.

> Server is still having issues (Maybe the Dev server isn't as strong as the Alpha servers are going to be?)

> Still a ton of minor glitches/bugs, but that can be fixed after Alpha is released

I don't see them stabilizing the server before December

Well Dean said himself during the stream that the server optimization for that build hadn't been implemented.

• Like 1

Those who turst on first impressions shouldn't even play this until somewhere in the beta. And beta can be a long way ahead.

But they will. its like saying people shouldn't do drugs or smoke or drink because its bad for you. people will do it.

Well Dean said himself during the stream that the server optimization for that build hadn't been implemented.

What does that even mean?? Like its been made but not uploaded? how hard is that to do?

Wasnt one of their biggest optimization bugs, the fact car engines or something make noises globally on the server? Is that really a hard fix?

Also, is the stream worth watching? or can i find a TL;DR?

But they will. its like saying people shouldn't do drugs or smoke or drink because its bad for you. people will do it.

But that's their problem, not anyone else's. No one will be forcing anyone to buy the game and everyone's been given plenty of warning of how buggy the alpha will be. We're lucky to have early access to the game, but the consequence of that is we're playing something incomplete- FAR from completion- and expectations should be in line with that.

Is there a record of Rocket livestreaming DayZ and Q&A on Twitch?

I missed the stream.....  ;_;

Well then you, like me who also missed the stream, are in luck as more than 1 or 2 people are attempting to upload it to youtube right now.

It is just taking them too damn long!

Well then you, like me who also missed the stream, are in luck as more than 1 or 2 people are attempting to upload it to youtube right now.

It is just taking them too damn long!

Be sure to notify me when it's up :p

Last time I heard, an hour ago from now one of the redditors uploaded a video of the stream at 57% (192 minutes remaining). It's safe to say it's around the upper 60's to low 70's range.

I'd keep my eye on this for the next couple hours :)

https://www.youtube.com/byvelten

Damn, you're quick Salamander! Was about to post that ;)

Edit: Beans to you, great post.

Also, ripping clothing for bandages is great, exactly like Project Zomboid. One of the features I liked.

I also noticed incredible frame drops, I wonder if it's part of recording?

Edited by TIC321

I think that might mostly be due to the video recording software. My fraps tends to do that as well.

Yep, I saw a context saying "Your recording seems to be stuttering"

The GOOD:

1. The fact that he is so openly showing the gameplay means he's sincere about releasing the Alpha with all the gameplay bugs/missing features.

The BAD:

2. There is really no ETA attached to fixing performance, could be days, weeks, months, nobody knows. 

• Like 1

to sum things up:

• still a lot to do
  • many things are very difficult to implement because it takes so much time/effort
  • we all will need to manage our expectations
Edited by joe_mcentire

I nearly cried with joy when he chambered and fired a single round without a magazine. Such depth, such possibilities!

• Like 2

• some basic character creation at the moment - hair color may be possible to change seperately
  • sport scope: for mosin e.g. can zoom in more
  • bipods: have their own animation - benefit when in prone --> weapon resting?!?!
  • batteries: they have a charge and will degrade over time (9V; NVGs, red dot systems... will need them)
  • group spawning - nothing really done here, a lot of work still to do.
  • chivalry-attacks: problem is balance and controls, a lot of work still to do.
  • humanity-system: not sure what the answer is, waiting for alpha
  • ragdoll: they can do it, but it's dangerous to implement at this point
  • splitting: can be used with (almost) all items that come in higher numbers (ammo, rags..)
  • reloading: single round can be loaded into gun chambers without a mag attached
  • grenades
  • sunglasses
  • bandanas
  • quality of loot: loot at the moment is only pristine (so no jamming of wepons for example)
  • food: quality(water - pepsi; apple - chocolate) of food may influence your overall health/character in some way
  • ghillie suits: not done any yet, however they shall be worn over your normal clothes
  • Payday heist-masks
  • ingame radios: support internet radios
  • infection: you can infect items and spread the infection to others
  • animatons: for some melee, for self bandaging etc.
  • support TrackIR: yes
  • support Rift: most likely yes (50fps are the goal)...but let's see
  • physics: "bullet"-physics at the moment (throwing knives is not possible)
  • weapon maintenance: not in alpha, a lot of work still to do.
  • zeds: different hitzones cause different amount of damage

may cause always bleeding or infections in close combat

• restraining: you can now move while being cuffed.

temp. personal findings:

• no visible breath from other players or zeds
  • (yet) no animation when tearing clothing into rags
  • get rid of the cartoonish "wooosh" sound when punching someone!!
  • Dean gets distracted and just doesn't answer some "inconvenient" questions
  • i wonder what happens with the blood fountains, i personally hate them
  • "you no longer feel full of water" - -> so you can drink too much water with impacts on the player?
  • you can't drink at the moment while running
  • being a lefti is more or less unintentional at this point

feel free to help me

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 4

I really hate triple A titles, but I hope one of those developers turns a concept like this into a game.

it won't help you to be pissed  ;) we're all in the same boat, we just need to wait and see, as painful as it may sound

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2