SmashT

November Round-up

The updates seem to directly correlate to the player population dropping to zero, at which point it begins to repopulate. I've watched this trend and normally you would be right, they don't always cause this phenomenon. But in the past week it seems like every update causes the server to drop to zero, indicating to me that they must be changing something in the game and not simply updating some irrelevant piece of data. Even still, it's just nice to know that there are people updating things to the game and making adjustments. Regardless of what they are updating, someone had to do it, and for some kind of reason.

On my phone but here we anyway. I agree Chernarus is quite destructible. It is fun to go into the editor an destroy all of chernogorsk.

I think remember rocket mentioning that he would look into the ability to pick up sticks and other items from the grass and forest floor.

One of my worries is with the proliferation of weaponry in new spawns like the ability to kill with fists, and maybe the ability in the future to pick up sticks and rocks is that people will try to kill each other like animals with rocks and punching instead of teaming up. Idk but I doubt in a realistic scenario people would start killing each other with their fists

How badly do you think someone will want to go hand to hand with someone carrying a fire arm?

You would need to sneak up on them really quietly with a 2x4 and....

I don't see it being easy unless some gameplay is broken.

How badly do you think someone will want to go hand to hand with someone carrying a fire arm?

You would need to sneak up on them really quietly with a 2x4 and....

I don't see it being easy unless some gameplay is broken.

Right.  Unarmed people won't pose a threat to those with guns or melee weaponry.  I am saying new spawns with literally nothing could kill each other with their fist.  It would be stupid I think personally.  

A lot of games release on Tuesdays, plus it gives them all week to patch it.

Whyt not Mondays then?  :P

• Like 1

Whyt not Mondays then?  :P

They'll use monday to do some final touches on the game!

They'll use monday to do some final touches on the game!

I  hope you realize your logic is a bit flawed considering the BIS's release date record that I posted above. I'm sticking with what Rocket has said. When the performance is there, the game will be released. It could be any day of the week. Hell, they are so immersed and passionate about this thing right now, I doubt they know what day of the week it currently is! On this type of project, working weekends is a given. Even if it comes out on a Tuesday, I bet this whole team knows they have some serious midnight/weekend oil to burn for the first couple weeks at the least. I mean, they're working until 2AM and on weekends most of the time now. 

EDIT: Also, I like to picture you yelling all your posts due to the use of (!). Please tell me you are yelling constantly.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 2

Right.  Unarmed people won't pose a threat to those with guns or melee weaponry.  I am saying new spawns with literally nothing could kill each other with their fist.  It would be stupid I think personally.  

Right right.

Cherno fight club.

Not a whole lot to gain from spawn on spawn violence but people are thug minded and short sighted in general.

/insert jokes On the other hand Blades of Steel was a great Hockey game with a great fighting game in it too.... /close jokes

Has a dev mentioned stealth kills?

I have mixed feelings about these as it can take over the gameplay culture.

Should you be able to sneak up and garrote someone or slit their throats quietly? Yes.

Should 80% of kills go down that way realistically? No.

• Like 1

I  hope you realize your logic is a bit flawed considering the BIS's release date record that I posted above. I'm sticking with what Rocket has said. When the performance is there, the game will be released. It could be any day of the week. Hell, they are so immersed and passionate about this thing right now, I doubt they know what day of the week it currently is! On this type of project, working weekends is a given. Even if it comes out on a Tuesday, I bet this whole team knows they have some serious midnight/weekend oil to burn for the first couple weeks at the least. I mean, they're working until 2AM and on weekends most of the time now. 

EDIT: Also, I like to picture you yelling all your posts due to the use of (!). Please tell me you are yelling constantly.

I said 'strictly Multiplayer games', Nothing about BIS. I'm not saying I'm right it's just my opinion. People are just jumping on every little bit, I mean I do it as a joke sometimes but people keep setting themselves up for constant disappointment. Granted they do work a lot of Weekends but I'm pretty sure most of them don't want to!

Yes I shout all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Q: What about if it's ready on a weekend, is that likely for a release?

Certain days would obviously be better than others. Once the build is ready we will make an assessment for the exact timing, but I wouldn't imagine we would wait very long.

• Like 4

Q: What about if it's ready on a weekend, is that likely for a release?

Certain days would obviously be better than others. Once the build is ready we will make an assessment for the exact timing, but I wouldn't imagine we would wait very long.

I literally just spent 5 minutes looking for that quote hahahaha

• Like 2

My hype train's coal reserves are 100% empty. I couldn't get back on if I wanted to, at the moment. ;_;

• Like 1

My hype train's coal reserves are 100% empty. I couldn't get back on if I wanted to, at the moment. ;_;

Your trains still use coal? The fuck do you live?

• Like 2

Forget loads of weapons in sa, there are going to be more melee than firearms, get used to it or go play epoch.

"It's a feature"

I'm not asking for lot's of weapons, I'm asking for variety

"It's a feature"

I'm not asking for lot's of weapons, I'm asking for variety

There will be lots of WEAPONS, but I think you are concerned with firearms, which I'm sure there will be a variety. Some include: AK47, M4, Mosin Nagant, Lee Enfield, Hunting shotgun, pistol, likely at least a rickety old sniper rifle. Probably more, but they've not been spoken of etc.

Your trains still use coal? The fuck do you live?

Maine. In the town I live in, there's a really old coaltrain that runs through for a few hours every weekend.

We should all pm and tweet and reddit rocket en masse asking "is it out yet?"

Kinda like this --->      ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGive DayZ SA

There will be lots of WEAPONS, but I think you are concerned with firearms, which I'm sure there will be a variety. Some include: AK47, M4, Mosin Nagant, Lee Enfield, Hunting shotgun, pistol, likely at least a rickety old sniper rifle. Probably more, but they've not been spoken of etc.

With time I bet there will be a massive variety of weapons.  So many people in the community want tons of different types like you have said. Just look at Arma 2 mods.  There are some that add 20 variants of the Kalishnikov + foreign variants.

I personally would love to play with TONS of different pistol types

Well rocket is on the server. Cue either a new build/update on reddit or a massive test later on after some tweaks.

• Like 2

Your mouth feels dry, Florx.

Release when?

SALAD BOY QUOTE ME!

Edited by Florx
  • Like 1