SmashT

November Round-up

So today is not the day huh

Yeah, mayby next week but....we won't know for sure till it's here.

Edited by zfleming12

Didn't they say they needed 50 players for the big final test?

Nah, this is the actual quote, Rocket has never said that they need to test with 50 players.

Q: When are you testing with 50+ persons on server?

• Once we get the optimization merged back in. We'll test with more players.
  • Like 1

Means they're making some kind of progress. They hit 25 players, which is a good sign. They also just updated it one hour ago, so let's wait and watch the next testing cycle, to see what kind of progress they've made.

• Like 1

Nah, this is the actual quote, Rocket has never said that they need to test with 50 players.

Q: When are you testing with 50+ persons on server?

• Once we get the optimization merged back in. We'll test with more players.

Ahhhh okay cool. Thank you :)

Also, I wouldnt read too much into the steam updates, they can be really minor changes barely related to the game at all

[–]Hicks_206Producer 14 points

2 days ago

Steam db update = any steam change, including the client, server, store, community page, basic app info, contact information, graphical assets, workshop data, etc

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qgqc3/steamdb_update_a_little_more/cdcnas6?context=3

• Like 3

Also, I wouldnt read too much into the steam updates, they can be really minor changes barely related to the game at all

I'm not reading into them that much. Though, it's hard to ignore the fact that, today, an hour after the update they suddenly had 25 people on. Which is the most that have been on in a week. It's hard to ignore that, if for no other reason beside the fact that we know a larger test will come before release. 

• Like 1

We know nothing. There were people logged into the game, but they didn't show up on gamemonitor.

Perhaps there is a hidden server, but even that we don't know.

The screenies are cool.

Oh I just had a thought. Is there any mention if we can play choose our player gender when the alpha first comes out?

*Miss being able to play with her girl skin in DayZ mod right now*

Well following usual trend, next Tuesday release! If not the tuesday after!

What is the thing with just Tuesdays?

Oh I just had a thought. Is there any mention if we can play choose our player gender when the alpha first comes out?

*Miss being able to play with her girl skin in DayZ mod right now*

Well there has been a few female characters used in the dev blogs so i should think so, but as far as i know it hasn't been confirmed.

• Like 2

Yes, all of the above.

Chernarus is far from a static platform that ones essentially only viewing like in most FPS games.

Much of the environment has potential interactions from something as simple as opening a door, to crafting, to obtaining resources (wood, water, gasoline) and yes even the loot everywhere much of which has damage and wear properties built in.

Sometimes we take for granted a work of depth because we only see the surface. We all want to just reach out and manipulate every in game world like it's reality but the games are limited to the combination of the technologies and the imaginations at work.

Try to put this all into perspective and I think you'll find DayZ to be an extremely ambitious undertaking.

On my phone but here we anyway. I agree Chernarus is quite destructible. It is fun to go into the editor an destroy all of chernogorsk.

I think remember rocket mentioning that he would look into the ability to pick up sticks and other items from the grass and forest floor.

One of my worries is with the proliferation of weaponry in new spawns like the ability to kill with fists, and maybe the ability in the future to pick up sticks and rocks is that people will try to kill each other like animals with rocks and punching instead of teaming up. Idk but I doubt in a realistic scenario people would start killing each other with their fists

I hope rag doll gets into the alpha within a month after release. It is so much more immersive. I love when someone gets launched from an explosion on their feet in ArmA 3. The 120mm on the ArmA 3 blight tank is awesome for that

What is the thing with just Tuesdays?

A lot of games release on Tuesdays, plus it gives them all week to patch it.

Why is Rocket playing with our feelings? Why is he torturing poor, gullible souls?

God moves in mysterious ways.

• Like 4

I don't buy into the Tuesday formula. I'm waiting patiently and I can't see it coming out before next week, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it did. Here's a list of BIS titles and their perspective "early access" released by day of the week.

Arma II = Thursday

Take on Helicopters = Friday

Arma III = Tuesday

Take on Mars = Thursday

EDIT: I'm an idiot, that actually took me a while to figure out but here's a link to do it yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive

Edited by DrGonzo

I don't buy into the Tuesday formula. I'm waiting patiently and I can't see it coming out before next week, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it did. Here's a list of BIS titles and their perspective "early access" released by day of the week.

Arma II = Thursday

Arma III = Tuesday

Take on Mars = Thursday

EDIT: I'm an idiot, that actually took me a while to figure out but here's a link to do it yourself.

Normally strictly multiplayer games come out on tuesdays, it isn't always the case. That means they can work on the servers all week in normal working hours!

Arma II = Thursday

Arma III = Tuesday

Take on Mars = Thursday

You're not an idiot... lol good work none the less.