Distortic

Really Hard To See People At A Distance

Hey guys, I just got me new PC and I can play DayZ on pretty much any quality setting I want, but I have one issue. For me its incredibly hard to see people. Alot of the time they blend in with everything. They might look like a tree or some other object they're by, also once i get like 50 meters the tree's leafs get all blobby and the stumps are distorted. It makes it easy to mistake a person for part of the tree. It also makes it hard for me to use any type of gun that's not ACOG or one that has a sniper scope, unless the person is like 100 meters. If someone can give me some suggestions that would awesome. 

I have postprocessing off so maybe its antialiasing, for example earlier today there was a guy on the side of a HMVV so only his upper torso and head was showing. I couldnt even see him because he blended in so much and he was only about 100-200 meters away.

The 3D resolution should match your monitor resolution if possible-once I changed this the background much less blurry. 

• Like 1

Set HDR to normal or off, ATOC and PPAA to off, Postprocessing to off and you 3D resolution, like mentioned before, should fit your monitor resolution.

Real men, like myself, turn post process to the HIGHEST degree.

Unless you can't handle it.

• Like 2

I can't handle how awful it looks.

• Like 3

I turn post processing up when I want to pretend my character has glaucoma.

• Like 1

Ho big is your monitor?

Because I think that matters. I have a mid size 22 inch ( <-- talking about my monitor)  and before that i had a smaller screen. Spotting something at the same resolution, but with a bigger screen is obviously easier.