griffinz

FORUM BEING FIXED

Time warp reply to Stryker showing up before his post... yea, it is what it is.

Time is still effed up.

I have just adjusted my own time zone nonsensically, and decided not to worry about 8 minutes differrence.

Don't know if it is just me or not but the forums go down a lot and can't refresh just get a screen saying to click to find a live version of the forum.

I don't know why everyone is making a fuss about the forum's time. Any actual issues, like I posted, seem to go unnoticed and unaddressed.

I don't know why everyone is making a fuss about the forum's time. Any actual issues' date=' like I posted, seem to go unnoticed and unaddressed.

[/quote']

Because "forum time" is important, very important.

I do not have time to lose.

Why are my posts all disappearing? Let's see if this one sticks around.

I can see all of your posts, if I look.

Could you also get rid of cloudflare' date=' trust me it's rubbish for forums with such dynamic content and it only slows the forum down.

Im finding that during peak time its 50/50 that a page will load, I get the Cloudflare "website is offline" message. This is bogus as the website is online as a refresh proves.

I used to use the service on my own forum but removed it after a string of complaints from the user base. It ended up causing more interruption than it gave in benefits.

Each one of the add on's it offers can be easily implemented, stats can be done via google and as for its added security measures for code injection and anti hacking, well a updated BB software installation will be all you need and if the worst happens a forum can be restored easily from a daily/hourly cron task back up (you do back up dont you?!?) Blacklisting IPs can be done via your Cpanel or whatever you use.

Also the speed boosts that cloudflare claims dont materialise on a forum, Im guessing the content is too dynamic. From switching over to a normal name server my page load times halfed. It was a zippier experience.

Cludlfare did help reduce the bandwidth but not by much, most browsers cache stuff anyway and most users do not empty their cache everyday (maybe the habitual InterPr0n users do )

Pretty sure you're talking out your arse here. Cloudflare doesn't even cache .php/.asp filetypes (a la dynamic content) - just the static stuff. The only time you'd get the CF offline page is when (a) server is actually having issues, or (b) something is blocking requests from CloudFlare's IPs (at the host or server level). It's also possible that the CF IPs aren't whitelisted on your server and with the hosting provider.

In the case of the DayZ forum, it's probably an issue with the amount of users on concurrently impacting the server(s), understandably. Not necessarily Cloudflare screwing up.

As a whole, you're misunderstanding Cloudflare's purpose. It's a threat mitigation and STATIC content caching service. Your dynamic stuff should and always will go straight to your server. I save hundreds of gigabytes of bandwidth and reduce threats screwing up my bounce rates by passing all of my traffic through Cloudflare first, so you bet I'm going to defend their honour.

Any chance at looking into the search functionality, as nothing I ever search for seems to be related? Doesn't seem like it treats even the the titles of threads as keywords?!

Any chance at looking into the search functionality, as nothing I ever search for seems to be related? Doesn't seem like it treats even the the titles of threads as keywords?!

Try putting + between keywords, it does seem pretty terrible though.

Is this also going to cure the long load times as well?

Sometimes i can be waiting 30+ seconds to load any page on here, doesn't make for a good experience..

It happens with latest IE or Firefox, its slightly better when there is less people here which would suggest bandwidth.

All other pages in the blink of an eye this is the only slow site i have

• Like 1

Sometimes i can be waiting 30+ seconds to load any page on here, doesn't make for a good experience..

It happens with latest IE or Firefox, its slightly better when there is less people here which would suggest bandwidth.

I second that. I presume its due to the increased load since popularity of the mod has grown. When the beans voting system was disabled I noticed a massive improvement! Did anyone else?

Alternate hosting is being looked into, so hopefully it won't be much longer

I dunno why it was bumped, but the first thing I noticed when going to the forums today was that its WAY faster than its been in weeks.

Haven't been to the forums in a few days so I don't know when it happened, but whatever was recently fixed has made a difference!

This was from June.. Why bump it?

It was bumped by a spambot that wanted to sell you some gold for World of Warcraft.

Oh the irony.

• Like 2

I didn't even know there was a problem O.o either way good work :D