griffinz

FORUM BEING FIXED

If you're lucky enough to read this; We have identified the problem with the forums and we are fixing them right now.

ETA: Soon

• Like 3

Ty i was tellin ppl all over in pm's that they were bugged but noone replied back to me

you guys need to upgrade this crappy forum software like i said before you got hacked and our info stolen .

mybb is not very safe from a business standpoint let alone for a huge populous like we have here .

its only a matter of time before you get our info stolen again or everything jsut craps the fuck out

you guys need to upgrade this crappy forum software like i said before you got hacked and our info stolen .

Workin on it.

Keep in mind this website was implemented when DayZ had about 100 players. This, like everything in DayZ, is alpha stage.

In-case anyone was wondering; it was a web-server clock issue, no hacks.

• Like 1

Keep in mind this website was implemented when DayZ had about 100 players. This' date=' like everything in DayZ, is alpha stage.

[/quote']

I'm pretty forgiving on most stuff, but for forum software there is no reason to be using crap software. phpBB, vBulletin (Valve uses this one for their forums, or Simple Machine Forums would have been good choices for website forums. Two of the three I just listed are even free. There are plenty of choices for established and well coded forums software.

Like I said, workin on it...don't need people saying "shoulda woulda coulda" thank you very much

• Like 1

while your fixing can you please remove the Users browsing this forum or at least move it to the bottom of the page

while your fixing can you please remove the Users browsing this forum or at least move it to the bottom of the page

Done.

Thanks for asking politely.

Could you also get rid of cloudflare, trust me it's rubbish for forums with such dynamic content and it only slows the forum down.

Im finding that during peak time its 50/50 that a page will load, I get the Cloudflare "website is offline" message. This is bogus as the website is online as a refresh proves.

I used to use the service on my own forum but removed it after a string of complaints from the user base. It ended up causing more interruption than it gave in benefits.

Each one of the add on's it offers can be easily implemented, stats can be done via google and as for its added security measures for code injection and anti hacking, well a updated BB software installation will be all you need and if the worst happens a forum can be restored easily from a daily/hourly cron task back up (you do back up dont you?!?) Blacklisting IPs can be done via your Cpanel or whatever you use.

Also the speed boosts that cloudflare claims dont materialise on a forum, Im guessing the content is too dynamic. From switching over to a normal name server my page load times halfed. It was a zippier experience.

Cludlfare did help reduce the bandwidth but not by much, most browsers cache stuff anyway and most users do not empty their cache everyday (maybe the habitual InterPr0n users do )

That was a post of mine from about a month or two ago.... lol at the you do back up dont you?!? ;)

Didn't even notice the problem' date=' what was it?

[/quote']

From the title I figure it was some kind of behaviour modification effort.

Done.

Thanks for asking politely.

I found it quite useful in more ways than one (helps the mods from tripping over each other for example).

I am a developer of MyBB and I can assure you MyBB is very safe. It's used by many big boards, some of them are client of mine (I am PHP developer). I see people complaining on this forum that you use MyBB and that MyBB is not safe and not good enough. Some good constructive criticism is always welcomed. Just saying it doesn't work won't lead anywhere.

Oh and by the way, MyBB is one of the best forums available and it's free. I think this helps:

http://www.forum-software.org/forum-comparator/mybb-vs-phpbb3-vs-simple-machines-2

Just mod the display users then to only show certain groups. i.e. mods only.

Also removing the MyBB link from the bottom of this forum is pretty poor, I know such action with phpBB would revoke any official support. I highly suspect removing the 'Powered by myBB' is against myBB's terms too.

It's not against the terms. Users are free to do whatever they want to. But they'll no longer meet support eligibility on the official support forums.

The forum time is pretty messed up, by the way. It's 5 PM here now, and the forum says it's 5:21 PM.

Go to your User CP settings and set your timezone correctly then.

Errr...yah. Timezones differ in hours' date=' not minutes, so it's impossible this could be caused by a faulty timezone setting. Obviously, changing my timezone (which was already set to the right one) didn't help a single bit.

When I made that post, the forum time was about 20-21 minutes ahead of my time. Now it seems to be about 28 minutes ahead.

-edit: here, let me make it more clear to you:

[img']http://i45.tinypic.com/2w6x5zs.png

can we get a few other skins for the forum please? it would be really nice.

There is also nothing wrong with starting completely fresh with the forums. Just keep this one read-only for awhile.

Its better to do it now rather than later. Like a band aid, just rip it off.

I'd like to offer some revised CSS for the message at the top of the page. Currently it's always 10 pixels wider than the user's screen resolution. It causes a horizontal scroll bar.

Padding-top and padding-bottom are used instead of padding: 5px;

.trumpet {
position: absolute;
-moz-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
-webkit-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
-ms-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
-o-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
z-index: -1;
font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, san-serif;
font-size: 18px;
top: -50px;
left: 0;
opacity: 0;
filter: progid:dximagetransform.microsoft.alpha(Opacity=0);
width: 100%;
color: #DDD;
padding-top: 5px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
text-align: center;
background-color: #333;
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
}

on a side note, could the code tags create a box around things wrapped in them.

Also the reply editor doesn't quite work, here's the issues.

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/stylesheet.css

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/images/television.gif

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/images/color.gif

Also your error pages are missing 2 images

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/nginx-logo.png

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/poweredby.png

Oh and, "Lite (Archive) Mode" Does not work.

Please' date=' fix a search function for the forums!

[/quote']

I use it all the time?