wild_man

STANDALONE: give value to life and REDUCE KoS!

big problem

player get infect no antibiotic??? kill self run to body collect gear, nothing lose just little time

break leg no morphines??? kill self run to body collect gears, again minor time waste for player, less if friend have vehicle for share

he get shot low blood no hunting knife etc??? kill self run to body collect gear etc etc etc

TOO MANY TIME DEATH is give you ADVANTAGE!!! :o

and only thing GUYS VALUE IS GEAR!!!

time to put VALUE ON LIFE

Idea #1

make fresh spawn ALMOST DEAD!!!

low health

weak from shipwreck almost drown

sick from cold sea

new life start, new game WELCOME TO STRUGGLE FOR SURVIVE!!!

idea #2

new detail health system

player strength

player stamina

player blood separate thing

I talk about this before in other guy thread but idea is lost after topic die LIKE PLAYER WHO DONT VALUE LIFE IN GAME

so we talk again on this

when you are 100% strong/stamina/blood no problem run from starry to NEAF with full backpack big gun and jerrycan, need rest but not too much

try doing same with sick weak guy and is problem, stop to run after 100 metre and stop to walk after 1 kilometre need rest and food or maybe die

now is #1 priority GET FIT & STRONGER :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

it take TIME AND EFFORTS to get this, you need eat good way, avoid infections, rest after hard run, do exercise not always drive or lay under tree

so is taking hours of gameplay achieve this, not miracle cure kill/eat one cow full blood bullshits  :huh:

MAKE GAME SAME LIKE REAL LIFE

give different foods different value for different thing

example fruits for vitamins

potato/rice/pasta for carbohydrate

meat/fish/nuts for protein

leaf/cereal foods for healthy digest system

also some foods give quick energy boost but make long term damage like chocolate and cola drinks

imagine you are in good shapes 80% strong stamina etc and you break leg no morphine :huh:

now is time for crawl and try SURVIVE against odds, now we have survival game B)

IS GAME FOR SURVIVE OR WHAT???

give player motivation for live longer get stronger, give REWARD for this

make some task QUICKER when player is more fit example fix car

make swim faster

make run faster longer distance

when you character is strong health can take more damage from guns, have better chance for live than sick/weak guy

make aim heavy gun more hard for sick weak guys affect aim

make GOOD HEALTH more important thing

and now for bonus side effect for you guys

if guy have  87%  6 day character HE DONT RISK THIS FOR pvP IF HE DONT NEED!!!

not when price for lose is 20% sick weak guy on the beach

IS REDUCE KoS

I know, is crazy I saying this but think on it I saying again

IS REDUCE KoS!!! :o

what the fuck I am doing, I kill my style for play :(

but it make DAYZ BETTER GAME :thumbsup:  :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 20

I kind of like the idea of diminishing returns, the more you die, the more the "survival game" should discourage you from dying again. I'm not sure how, but I'd like to see "days lived" play a part, maybe increase your base stamina. Not too overpowered, just something to make you think twice, when loot cycling NWA or contemplating life at the top of a lighthouse. 

I'd love if the gameplay AI decided to spawn you with a broken leg, if you commit suicide near the beach.

Don't like to spawn in Kamenka?  Okay, let's respawn you near Komarovo with an infection.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 6

I think this would be a good addition for player spawning.

It makes sense that if you are waking up on the beach, in the cold you're not going to be feeling 100% and it will also give players something to do as soon as they start (Food, get yourself warm, drink)

Not sure about all the different food groups (protein, carbs, etc) since I feel it will over-complicate things, especially for newer players.

Once you are healthy it's easier to maintain your health but the beginning is more of a mission to get yourself healthy in the first place.

The only downside I could see to this is that it makes new-spawns a lot more vulnerable so I'm not sure how it would play out (It would probably work if the spawns were a bit more random than currently though).

• Like 3

I'm saying that DayZ was intended as a survival simulator, not a respawn simulator. 

• Like 8

posted my question a few month ago when the topic of half dead new spawns already came up: since most populated servers are private servers anyway, can someone test this on his server? make people spawn with 2000 blood and see how it goes. i´d very much like to test this.

• Like 1

posted my question a few month ago when the topic of half dead new spawns already came up: since most populated servers are private servers anyway, can someone test this on his server? make people spawn with 2000 blood and see how it goes. i´d very much like to test this.

Most likely >escape>abort...

I'd be up for giving it a shot!

15gcq3b.jpg

For real this time.

But I think what KoS is really getting at is that orienting more of our play time actually surviving and maintaining our character's physical condition will literally take time and energy away that would normally be spent killing other players. Not that PvP is necessarily a bad thing. I agree.
Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

cool idea! should be at least implemented like an event..or spawn condition in winter is seasons take place is SA aswell..good idea really.

I don't mind kos.  As long as the bandit gains something.  Its the bastards that shoot on sight and then don't even honor me by putting my loot to use that peeve me off!

I actually like the ideal but it seems a bit too hard.  Starting off with a infection is too much.  And half blood please instead of low blood?  

I kinda like this idea.  If you have washed up on the shore (assuming this is the case) then you would be cold, tired, hungry and possibly injured.  Your first thoughts would be to get warm, fed and medical attention instead of bolting to your mates or your ex body.

However this wont stop clans and team mates picking you up, healing you and handing over your gear they picked up for you.

It's for these reasons that i like to play Lone Wolf the majority of the time.  Dying and Respawning means a lot more when you truly have to start over again.

• Like 2

I actually had trouble reading this. TLDR version please?

However this wont stop clans and team mates picking you up, healing you and handing over your gear they picked up for you.

you missing important point demongroover

is take TIME and EFFORTS get player to good health

this require new health system base on time

not eat 12 steak full blood in 10 seconds bullshit :huh:

eat some play some rest some eat more drink water etc slowly becoming fit and strong maybe take minimum 8 hour play time or something like this  ;)

more like real life way

it don't stop clan pick up friend from beach but it definitely stop miracle cure and give true value for life :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

you missing important point demongroover

is take TIME and EFFORTS get player to good health

this require new health system base on time

not eat 12 steak full blood in 10 seconds bullshit :huh:

eat some play some rest some eat more drink water etc slowly becoming fit and strong maybe take minimum 8 hour play time or something like this  ;)

more like real life way

it don't stop clan pick up friend from beach but it definitely stop miracle cure and give true value for life :D

EIGHT HOURS!?!?!? :o   Make it 1 and a half hour or three hours, man....8 hours is too cruel. :(

EIGHT HOURS!?!?!? :o   Make it 1 and a half hour or three hours, man....8 hours is too cruel. :(

I would think eight hours is perfect. And a large chunk of my gameplay sessions after the first eight hours would focus on building up food storage before winter, if we're near winter, and at least half of the time I should be thinking about food and water and where I can get more food and water to keep myself in good condition.

It should be the same as real life in that you HATE the feeling of going hungry or thirsty.

Edited by Day Unit
  • Like 2

I would think eight hours is perfect. And a large chunk of my gameplay sessions after the first eight hours would focus on building up food storage before winter, if we're near winter, and at least half of the time I should be thinking about food and water and where I can get more food and water to keep myself in good condition.

It should be the same as real life in that you HATE the feeling of going hungry or thirsty.

this guy understand :thumbsup:  ;)

dayz should be most cruel game on planet

point of idea is to give value to character, longer times and more efforts it taking to get strong less you want to die or risk death from pvp :D

TIME IS THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEMS :thumbsup:  :P

I kind of like the idea of diminishing returns, the more you die, the more the "survival game" should discourage you from dying again. I'm not sure how, but I'd like to see "days lived" play a part, maybe increase your base stamina. Not too overpowered, just something to make you think twice, when loot cycling NWA or contemplating life at the top of a lighthouse. 

Maybe you could link players behaviour rather than the days lived with how you will spawn the next time.

A normal player would not die twice a day so let's say you have two free lives a day without beeing affected. The normal player would normally go out of trouble and try not to die while the KoS player would run to the next gunshot he hears or the last position he died to get his gear and continue. Here comes the educational measure encouragement to play more normally..if you happen to die more than that you spawn in bad condition and the more you die during the day the worse your condition is when you spawn, not only would it occupy the player but also his comrades to treat him in case he has some. Kind of like the 5.56 wounds binds soldiers to carry their friends equipment. Having to do the same would keep him and his mates from KoSing for a while. This would also affect players who suidice by zombie on a bad spawn location. It resets every 24h.

You can never raise the value of virtual life bacause it's just "virtual"? Who cares if you can just respawn.

Edited by Enforcer

Maybe you could link players behaviour rather than the days lived with how you will spawn the next time.

no >:(

is survival simulator

not behave good way simulator :D

in life if you are good person or bad person Have zero affect ON PHYSICAL

this idea is about make guys invest in character so they don't want to die :o

this will AFFECT BEHAVE of all player good and bad :thumbsup:  :P

Why are you gaining electrons KOS?

??? :huh:

maybe you mean neuron???

The idea is good, but I don't think it will be enough.

If I died 100 times, well I know every step to survive the first few hours. I will be a master in respawing. There will be no difference between my "weak" and my "strong" me.

Additionally to that I don't think that sprinting faster will add a real value to my character. Sure, it will be cool, but the most important question is, will sprinting faster be more valuable then a M4?

I really don't think so. And as long as this is the case, as long as a weapon is more valuable then your life, the game is no real survival game. Can't ask that enough:

Do you carry a weapon to live or do you live to carry a weapon?

The idea is good, but I don't think it will be enough.

If I died 100 times, well I know every step to survive the first few hours. I will be a master in respawing. There will be no difference between my "weak" and my "strong" me.

advantage for be strong and fit guy

you will be more strong so aim heavy gun easier

you run faster

you carry heavy backpack more distance less rest

you swim better

you climb ladder better

you do thing like fix car quicker

recover faster from infection

recover faster from gunshot injury

only small change but after time all is adding up for big difference, point is all guys WILL WANT FAST STRONG FIT character :thumbsup:  :D

if you put 6 - 10 hour gameplay for achieve this when you are 75% - 100% idea of being 20% or whatever for fresh spawn make you care about dying

right now NOBODY CARE ABOUT DYING  :o

only care about gear, is make game comedy of die run to body start again in better way :huh:

and if guys value character they think again before start pvP if they don't need

for me is no negative for this idea ONLY POSITIVE for all player B)

this guy understand :thumbsup:  ;)

dayz should be most cruel game on planet

point of idea is to give value to character, longer times and more efforts it taking to get strong less you want to die or risk death from pvp :D

TIME IS THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEMS :thumbsup:  :P

but.....but....eight hours.  That is almost meh whole day.  There is cruel then there is time consuming.  Can't you make it four hours?