r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Just release the patch I dont think that rocket would care ^^

Just release the patch I dont think that rocket would care ^^

Well that's the problem with the mod. That nobody cares about it (except for the players and the mod devs -aka r4z0r and a few others-). What's even worse is the bunch of promises and statements by Dean Hall that the mod is not going to be affected by the SA release, and that it will keep progressing by itself ''being community driven''. Alas, the mod has been completely shut off by the same guy for the last four months (last patch came out in October), this is prior to SA release.They milked it as much as they could (arma sales boost etc), and now they're killing it, since it doesn't bring in any cash anymore with SA out. Also, even if 1.8.1 gets released, keep in mind that as r4z0r has already stated in another thread it will be the last patch ever.

In a few words, there's a patch ready from December and they don't release it, something that drives all devs away from the mod. No point in working -in your free time- on something someone doesn't let you publish, does it? Clever move there. So, no patches for almost  half a year => no devs => no progression => no players => no servers => dead mod. Choo Choo, all aboard the SA train now guys, this is marketing for you. Until they kill it too, and you have to move on to the next best thing, aka DayZ-2, etc.

Rant over, on my way to play some warband, a brilliant game from an indie Turkish company, released back in 2010, which is still being patched and supported, has quite a few official mods and hundreds of community mods (they don't have to get approval to publish them), and a healthy community consisted of people who actually love that game and don't try to make cash out of mods/servers.

PS. Food for thought. The vanilla mod is still  in Alpha stage, yet it's already abandoned. Those who get it, get it.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 4

I had hopes the patch would get released at some point, but have moved on. I've since moved on to Epoch and it's a refreshing change. 

I am really looking forward to 1.8.1. - compared to the standalone... - the mod will in 1.8.1 will be 100% better ;)

You know, they should give you the rights to release updates for the mod, because you are the only one who still cares and Rocket doesn't care anyway, he is busy with SA. With this pace 1.8.1 will come out 2016 with 10 players still playing the mod.

• Like 2

I guess everyone should head on over to musty and enroll to the open testing server for 1.8.1

It's pretty amazing. I love how temperature actually works now and has associated effects ;) it's more enjoyable than retail at the moment in my opinion

• Like 3

Ill more then likely add it into the MustyZ mod at some stage. As for the DayZ mod most of the team has moved onto other projects. With everyone waiting 4 months you can understand why. Hicks has offered to look into getting versions released so im working with him just now to see what we can get sorted. But i cant promise anything just yet.

• Like 8

You never thought of moving your talent over to an ArmA 3 mod R4ZOR ?

Start a new mod, can be zombies or dinosaurs etc :)

Breaking Point is ok but choice is good, Epoch is coming soon (2 months) and there's always the make Arma not war contest, just a thought anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of a3. Id rather do something in Unity/UDK :-)

• Like 1

Ill more then likely add it into the MustyZ mod at some stage. As for the DayZ mod most of the team has moved onto other projects. With everyone waiting 4 months you can understand why. Hicks has offered to look into getting versions released so im working with him just now to see what we can get sorted. But i cant promise anything just yet.

That sounds lovely.

I'm not a huge fan of a3. Id rather do something in Unity/UDK :-)

And what's come out of that is quite nice.

• Like 1

:D

Sad to hear that the 1.8.1 update is not coming.  I just accepted an offer on my house and will be moving to DC June 2nd, so it looks like the end of my public hive server is rapidly approaching.

Sad news indeed.

R4Z0R49 was the one to get me set up on the public hive so long ago now.  Thanks for the help and support all along!

Sad to hear that the 1.8.1 update is not coming

why? I'm obviously not the only person here that prefers the DayZ mod over that piece of crap standalone. US 3480 seems to be one of the last vanilla servers that actually fill up at peak times, in addition to a few private hives.

Literally just created this account to find out when the next update is going to be because I heard rocket doesn't give a shit about the mod nor the standalone anymore

edit:

Unknown at this time. All communication with Dean has stopped we haven't had any info since before xmas and all questions asking about release have gone unanswered.

Sorry.

Seems I heard right then. That's a shame.

Edited by Valnizzar

While we wait on more info from Hicks (he was away when i last spoke with him) you may as well give some of the other mods of dayz a try epoch is one of the more popular ones or you can try some of the smaller ones like mustyz found in my signature.

• Like 1

While we wait on more info from Hicks (he was away when i last spoke with him) you may as well give some of the other mods of dayz a try epoch is one of the more popular ones or you can try some of the smaller ones like mustyz found in my signature.

I fully agree. Check out epoch and mustyz.

Running a successful Epoch server is not as simple as putting it up and waiting for it to populate.  I ran a private hive Epoch server to which I made a lot of customizations and additions.  We had a number of admins preset on the server to keep any scripters at bay and for a while, we did have a popular server.  The problem now is there is literally thousands of Epoch servers out there, many of which have also taken the route of customizing to attract more players.

Unless you (or a few of you) have some coding skills and a lot of extra time, it's tough to run a server and keep it populated.

I'm not trying to deter you, but it's something to give some thought before venturing into running a private hive server.

Very sad to see the official mod getting abandoned, epoch is way too far from the original experience to be enjoyable for me. There's still a large number of players who prefer the original mod style of gameplay. It's just a shame that the way the patches had to be released has effectively killed it. We have loads of players who love vanilla style gameplay, they have been crying out for 1.8.1 for months and it's a great shame that Bohemia deprive them of this.

• Like 3

Very sad to see the official mod getting abandoned, epoch is way too far from the original experience to be enjoyable for me. There's still a large number of players who prefer the original mod style of gameplay. It's just a shame that the way the patches had to be released has effectively killed it. We have loads of players who love vanilla style gameplay, they have been crying out for 1.8.1 for months and it's a great shame that Bohemia deprive them of this.

same here, me and my buddys are waiting patiently to update my server to 1.8.1 ...

same here, me and my buddys are waiting patiently to update my server to 1.8.1 ...

I'm somewhat having doubts about it being released.. It's all on Musty now.

Did I miss anything or is the main issue really the lack of response by Rocket?

Because if that is the only problem you guys are fucking insane!

Why not just release the patch via torrent and call it a "leak"?

If Rocket doesnt care about his own creation and this community anymore... Why should we care about respecting his rights!?

Abandoning one of the greatest mods ever before it could even reach it's full potential due to some legal bullshit seems ridiculous to me.

The decline of the DayZ mod has been a travesty to watch, like a semi-unwitting collusion to ensure its demise.  Popularity and player numbers were always going to wane heavily with the arrival of Standalone, but nowhere near as much as with the concerted neglect that has been apparent.

Rocket and/or BIS have perpetrated a seemingly palpable obstruction of any further progress, which has helped to ensure abandonment by both players and server providers.  No way have they been or are too busy to simply give 1.8.1 the once-over and the yes or no.

According to some server hosting providers, the public hive stopped accepting new server activations a while ago, so providers simply cannot supply any new servers even if they wanted to.  Public hive servers that are shut down irreversibly reduce the remaining pool of surviving servers. 

In turn, most providers have dropped public hive DayZ mod, in part owing to player decline from lack of servers, hive support and mod updates ... round and round in a self-fulfilling prophecy of doom.  The only way to get a public hive server is to find a host that still has existing active servers and recycle them ... before they are all killed off.

As many have found, Standalone is still very WIP and can be banal entertainment at best in anything more than minimal doses.  A loot farming and barbie clothing simulator has finite appeal.  We all know it will improve, but want something decent ... and resembling the original (not you, over-modified Epoch) to play in the intervening months / years prior to completion of DayZ.

Players have been and are returning to the DayZ mod for vehicles, helicopters, stashes and tents ... just variety in a relatively complete game environment if nothing else.  Bored Standalone players have been trying out the mod to find out what the fuss was all about and to get their mitts on vehicles.

Unfortunately what they have found is the remnants of the public hive system in festering decay, put there in no small part by the dismissive and short-sighted failure of the BIS developers.  Despite getting what has amounted to a rather long free lunch with volunteer development!

The DayZ mod could have been a continuing promotional tool in providing alternative entertainment and a cultural springboard for the player base during development of standalone.  And a source of even more ArmA2 sales dare I say.  Or further experimentation upon a willing pool of lab rats ... like we have been for the last couple of years.

Epic fail.

• Like 7

Hello community,

created an account specifically for this post!

I am a PC gamer and "hopefully" developer :) for a looong time now, and I have been playing and following DayZ since 2013. The whole story of a humble ARMA II mod is horrendous to watch. I enjoy ARMA series and BI are sure one of the rare goodhearted developers that stand by its products and community. But the story of aforementioned mod reads quite different - it is pointless to go into details but in short: a great product  (BIs ARMA) enables a great idea (Deans DayZ) to come alive and gives rise to a great community that pulls community team work, collaboration, cooperation and creates a wonderful product that satisfies bith gaming and artistic/creative/developer/programming interests.

The future is yet to see but you don't have to be a scientist to notice that something is just not right !

I personally think that DayZ Standalone should exist and will develop into a great product but without Original DayZ mod and the wonderful and talented community nothing would be a reality. DayZ mod (with the whole ARMA II engine content universum) should coexist in its own right and be developed further by community. I believe BI are the furthest from forgetting their ARMA II product and will lovingly stand by it - as it is a great product.

What is the status od DayZ mod now? I think BI and whole BI DayZ project are two different cups of tea. Maybe it would be prudent to write an open letter from the DayZ community to BI and directly ask what we want to know.

Aur0ra

• Like 5