rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

I like how the ban list is posted for everyone to see. Kind of like a wall of shame. I don't understand why people would cheat this game though, there's no fun in doing that.

• Like 1

I like how the ban list is posted for everyone to see. Kind of like a wall of shame. I don't understand why people would cheat this game though' date=' there's no fun in doing that.

[/quote']

Hackers and cheaters have a diffrent set of mind, they enjoy the Rage and hate they cause by Cheating, by "Beating" someone and not giving them the chance to win.

Having a zombie face is not a hack, if you have Day Z mod loaded up, you can simply change it on the profile screen. I've done it myself albeit with aviators.

It might not always be the smartest idea though if people are being trigger happy.

im not saying i KNOW this is true, but i am 99% sure of it.

Abdul Jabaar (my IRL friend) i think was banned by accident (yes yes, i understand this sounds like something anyone would say).

however, if the server logs things, and if he was banned for finding a weapon that isnt in the mod (if it was something else, disregard this message entirely) then i think it might be faulty.

we were on skype and was playing, and he said he found a GAU8 on a guy he killed in mogilevka (on norway 2, probably around 19:00 gmt+1). i told him to loot it, and he said it didnt even have an icon or anything, and when he tried to loot it he didnt even get it.

didnt think more about it, just kept on playing. few hours later he couldnt join server anymore.

so IF the reason he was banned was that he had a weapon that was not legitimate, please if possible look at log and see if you can confirm this. i cant ofcourse say to 100% i know he does not cheat, but he is my IRL friend and i have never seen him cheat, he isnt even very good at games (sorry bro) but pretty average.

I hope the forum does not flame me because i wrote this, i realize all cheaters make up stories to cover them, but i only ask for them to look in logs and see if they can see that he only looted this from another survivor, or at least that is what it sound like on skype, and i am 99.9999999% sure i can trust him on this :)

edit:

he killed T-Benzin btw, who was on this list also. this was in Mogilevka on Norway 2. Shortly after i picked him up with a heli. maybe some of this info can be helpful for admin. because i really do believe this was a mistake.

just so people dont feel i hide behind a false forum name, my ingame name is "Achmemed Abduldul". Me and my friends does not cheat in any way, and I could gladly start frapsing my ingame footage if there will be a controversy about this.

edit 2:

FOR EVERYONE ELSE, VERY IMPORTANT

DO NOT LOOT ITEMS WITHOUT A PREVIEW PICTURE. DO NOT LOOT ITEMS FROM PLAYER YOU SUSPECT MIGHT NOT BE IN THE MOD.

edit 3:

apparently they do not have logs on the servers. so it is very important people understand if you loot a cheated object from someone you killed, you will get PERMANENTLY BANNED. do NOT do this. dont end up in a position like my friend did :/

• Like 1

FOR EVERYONE ELSE' date=' [b']VERY IMPORTANT

DO NOT LOOT ITEMS WITHOUT A PREVIEW PICTURE. DO NOT LOOT ITEMS FROM PLAYER YOU SUSPECT MIGHT NOT BE IN THE MOD.

I have already banned for this. A player (not your friend) found a SMAW. He killed a few people with it, and stated he got it "from a hacker he killed". This was already pushing his luck, as that seems to me to indicate he knew it was hacked in and took it anyway, all without informing anybody (including the admin) that a cheater was on the server. And proceeded to use the gun that he knew (or reasonably ought to have known) was a cheat. I told him so, and that he was on thin ice.

A moment later, another user reported being killed by a SMAW. He confessed to being the one who did it. I immediately permanently banned him, and ignored his PM appeals (where he accused me of "flipping my shit", hilariously enough, which I guess is a term for where you're told not to do something you ought to know is wrong by an admin, persist in doing it anyway, and then whine like a bitch at the inevitable consequences).

I'm lenient where I think players might be ignorant. When I've removed all doubt and educated a player on their detrimental behaviour, there is zero second chances, zero warning, and zero possibility of appeal.

• Like 1

FOR EVERYONE ELSE' date=' [b']VERY IMPORTANT

I have already banned for this. A player (not your friend) found a SMAW. He killed a few people with it, and stated he got it "from a hacker he killed". This was already pushing his luck, as that seems to me to indicate he knew it was hacked in and took it anyway, all without informing anybody (including the admin) that a cheater was on the server. And proceeded to use the gun that he knew (or reasonably ought to have known) was a cheat. I told him so, and that he was on thin ice.

A moment later, another user reported being killed by a SMAW. He confessed to being the one who did it. I immediately permanently banned him, and ignored his PM appeals (where he accused me of "flipping my shit", hilariously enough, which I guess is a term for where you're told not to do something you ought to know is wrong by an admin, persist in doing it anyway, and then whine like a bitch at the inevitable consequences).

I'm lenient where I think players might be ignorant. When I've removed all doubt and educated a player on their detrimental behaviour, there is zero second chances, zero warning, and zero possibility of appeal.

me and my friends are swedish, we are no military experts and we got this game for dayz. neither of us knew what a gau was before i just googled it, and apparently its an aircraft.

im just saying, the game should have a system in so you cant loot forbidden items. if i killed someone who dropped a smaw, i would not know (except for now, since you just told me) that smaw is not in the mod. i thought there was a rocketlauncher in the mod.

all im saying, majority of players does not know the name of every item in the mod. if he saw an airplane on the ground i can guarantee he would not enter. we all thought gau12 (or whatever number it was) was an autoshotgun. and when he looted and it disappeared we thought no more of it.

I understand they cant unban him since they have no logs, however they should make a system to prevent players to loot forbidden gear, because else not only cheaters get banned, but everyone who kills them too.

edit:

all im saying, apparently my friend got banned for having an aircraft in his inventory, i doubt anyone on norway 2 saw anyone fly around in an aircraft (since i was in the sky in a heli i think id notice) so there is literally no trace of him cheating except having an aircraft.

i just think the system must be updated since the system is so flawed. feels like anyone could get banned if they're unlucky enough to kill a cheater. :)

however, as i said before, i understand the zero-tolerance policy. but i hope things can be placed in to make sure legit players cant be accidentally banned (if my friend was legit or not is not the question here, just saying i hope legit players in the future are not punished)

I'm lenient where I think players might be ignorant. When I've removed all doubt and educated a player on their detrimental behaviour' date=' there is zero second chances, zero warning, and zero possibility of appeal.

[/quote']

im just saying, the game should have a system in so you cant loot forbidden items. if i killed someone who dropped a smaw, i would not know (except for now, since you just told me) that smaw is not in the mod. i thought there was a rocketlauncher in the mod.

If I tell you an item is forbidden, it's forbidden. It doesn't matter if you know what a SMAW or GAU8 is. If you're told it doesn't belong, as in my example, you know it. Like I said, I'm lenient where pure ignorance is, or might reasonably be, an excuse. When it's no longer an excuse, I refuse to tolerate it.

I understand they cant unban him since they have no logs' date=' however they should make a system to prevent players to loot forbidden gear, because else not only cheaters get banned, but everyone who kills them too.

[/quote']

If they had a system that could absolutely, 100% prevent looting forbidden gear, then they would also have a system where you could absolutely, 100% not put forbidden gear in the game in the first place. Think about it: The reason that "forbidden gear" is in the game is because people have figured out a way to make it appear as "valid loot".

When forbidden gear is made unlootable will be the same time when people cannot hack it into the game in the first place. (Which, honestly, will be around never -- they'll just make it more difficult, and continue to implement new anti-cheats to continually limit the amount of people doing it, and institute bans to put a monetary disincentivization on doing it).

If I tell you an item is forbidden' date=' it's forbidden. It doesn't matter if you know what a SMAW or GAU8 is. If you're told it doesn't belong, as in my example, you know it. Like I said, I'm lenient where pure ignorance is, or might reasonably be, an excuse. When it's no longer an excuse, I refuse to tolerate it.[/quote']

of course, but no one told him it was forbidden, he just tried to loot it, and it disappeared

again, there is no point to go too deep into his case because the ruling wont be changed, i am merely saying players arent told "this isnt a legit item" when they loot something. and most players do not know what items are in dayz and what arent, if they find an item on someone, they'll likely loot it.

If they had a system that could absolutely' date=' 100% prevent looting forbidden gear, then they would also have a system where you could absolutely, 100% not put forbidden gear in the game in the first place. Think about it: The reason that "forbidden gear" is in the game is because people have figured out a way to make it appear as "valid loot".

When forbidden gear is made unlootable will be the same time when people cannot hack it into the game in the first place.

[/quote']

I figured the way people inject code into the game to spawn items is not comparable to running a check on what item ID someone is trying to loot, then not allow them to loot it.

If benzin spawned a gau in his inventory, he didnt loot it. i just figured maybe arma2 can have a system in place to check for itemid when an item is looted.

if it doesnt, maybe there is nothing that can be done, but i do not think injecting code to spawn items is the same as looting "illegal" items.

Anyway, ive said my thing here, all i hope is that this does not affect my friends (as in me and the rest of us, i understand the friend in question who got banned will obviously have a bad rep) reputation, because that would be sad.

there is no point to go into a convo about this particular case.

• Like 1

Omg yes,

I was killed by 2 of them, i'm happy there gone :)

Dayz mod is the BEST. :)

[Resolved]

Hello. I am firebearhero's friend, and I got banned. I know that my ban wont be reversed, because rocket said so.

What happened was that I was walking in Mogilevka, going to get picked up by our chopper, when suddenly a guy steps over a fence. I shoot him, and looted his corpse. He had 3 items that didn't have any info or image, which I took, out of curiosity. Nothing happened and my inventory was unchanged. I investigated his body, and got to see his name was T-BENZIN.

I ignored that the items just disappeared, and just continued playing. Then got banned.

My in game name is Abdul Jabaar, and am not a cheater.

I wish there could be some way to prove. But yeah, there really is no proof, besides my story, and my friends who were witnesses over skype.

Rocket, you have made a great mod.

Thanks.

• Like 2

hahahhaa...naming and shaming hackers. I love it!

• Like 1

If the ban was made IN ERROR it is fairly obvious. These bans can be overturned.

So..I made a thread about finding a hacker cheating on his stream, and I get banned with him?? What did I even do wrong lol, I spent 3 hours gathering all this info to get him banned ._.

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1641&pid=15276#pid1527

Is it bad to find a hacker and to turn him in?? If I was banned for something where can I find the reason?

Could be an error Scott, as Rocket said above. I've watched your recording, and believe that you were doing the right thing. Maybe your account was added to the ban list by sheer mistake.

Thanks for the vouch lofty :) I hope its an error!! I love this game, Me and my friends promoted Dayz on the ESEA.net website, over 20 people hoped on to play

Great, good to see hackers are getting what's coming to them.

since my friend "10734790 Abdul Jabaar" was unbanned, could his name be removed from this list?

I feel as people will start to pair that name together with cheating else, and that would be sad.

Are Bans from accessing the helicopter wrecks included in this list, or are these people using things like MCC sandbox and MP stress testing tools to inject items into the game?

Frankly this has been going on since the OPFP days, Battleye tries but is not a great anti-cheat tool by a long chalk, It's great that DayZ has brought so many new players into ArmA, it's unfortunate that it has also brought in the low life's as well who are determined to ruin the game for everyone.

Rocket can I get clarification on something, yesterday one of our group killed a player and looted from him a silenced Makarov, and a camouflaged silenced M4 with an underslung grenade launcher and a holographic sight, and 4 M203 HE grenades, rather than smoke.

Can you confirm whether these can actually be found and used, or whether they would have been spawned in and he needs to get rid? Don't want him to get banned for something he looted. We reckon he was spawning his own stuff since he also had a radio and a big coyote bag and was stood in the middle of Cherno.

Thanks.

My name is in that list. It's a fairly common name these days but now I have to go and see if it's me that got banned. And if so, what for.

EDIT: It seems I can't access the dayz download section on this website. Is everyone else having this trouble or have I, in actual fact been banned? There are some peeps I've seen in servers with the exact same name as me and I'm wondering if it's possible I've been banned because one of these little gimps was cheating? I have never cheated in dayz and never would. I don't even alt-f4.

I play mainly in the Chicago, Seattle and US servers 3 and 4 I believe.

My name is in that list. It's a fairly common name these days but now I have to go and see if it's me that got banned. And if so' date=' what for.

EDIT: It seems I can't access the dayz download section on this website. Is everyone else having this trouble or have I, in actual fact been banned? There are some peeps I've seen in servers with the exact same name as me and I'm wondering if it's possible I've been banned because one of these little gimps was cheating? I have never cheated in dayz and never would. I don't even alt-f4.

I play mainly in the Chicago, Seattle and US servers 3 and 4 I believe.

[/quote']

Why dont you try actually connecting to a server and find out?

If someone else with the same name did something, you would never be blamed for it, their name is not what is banned, they have unique IDs and such.

It is a quite important thing to provide an open banlist to make cheater and hacker focused on what may happen.

But in the same time it is quite important to implement a fair concept to avoid people geting banned by mistake.

The easiest thing (on my mind) is that once a forbidden weapon was picked up so an instant message appears which says that this weapon has to be put down again or a ban will happen.

I understand and support that ban policy, but I nontheless would like to see a ballanced system to avoid cheating and hacking on the one hand and mistaken bans on the other.

According to those who complain about a friend or them self got banned and they dont know why, so it is difficult to sort out which one is real and which one is a nasty trick to get unbanned again...so a real balanced system is quite needed.