rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

I realized, this is demonstrative "hanging" without any warn or investigation, to reduce cheating. Well, Hitler approves.

MasterCaution' pid='24291' dateline='1337087054']

In every multiplayer game I know if you cheat you will be banned. I have never heard of people being "warned" for cheating ( ie: using a hack ).

MMOs yes' date=' but this isn't exactly an MMO.

In your opinion it is the Devs fault ?

I didn't say that, I said they are also to blame for not giving us a list of rules and for not applying a system to stop this behaviour.

And how much experience in developing game mods do you have to make that statement ?

I would bet none.

Wrong. I've been modding for the best part of 4 years.

This is an Alpha mod.

If you paid $25 for a game to play an alpha mod then perhaps you should have paid attention as well.

Tell that to the people that put Arma in the top 3 on Steam. It is clear the DayZ devs aren't prepared for this quantity and certain rules need to be put in place. I still haven't found a list of rules.

The Devs are not responsible for making sure every single person understands every single rule.

In every multiplayer game I have ever played' date=' the player is responsible for understanding and abiding by the rules.[/quote']

Of course it is the player's responsibility to read and understand the rules. But they haven't made any rules yet.

This harsh attitude I have seen coming from here is not helping the mod's popularity, especially with the sheer amount of new players. Many are being pushed away from it. I considered not playing after viewing some of the threads here, especially this one.

• Like 3

Much respect for sticking up for the little guys, Jasper. Not everyone who was banned was a devious evil hacker bent on destroying the mod. Sadly it doesn't appear as though the dev team cares.

Nobody paid anything for DayZ. Sure, people paid for arma, but they are not banned from arma. The makers are busy enough, so if there are cheaters they get banned, end of story.

If someone got banned for picking up loot, I'm sure this can be resolved.

Cheater needs rules and warnings? What is this?

You are cheating consciously.

Some people, like me, not cheating. They are pick up dead cheater's weapon and that makes them a sign of a ban sentence. (without any early or later warning)

This is an Alpha mod.

If you paid $25 for a game to play an alpha mod then perhaps you should have paid attention as well.

If you live in a bubble and do not pay any attention to the forums then it is you who are to blame.

The Devs are not responsible for making sure every single person understands every single rule.

In every multiplayer game I have ever played' date=' the player is responsible for understanding and abiding by the rules.

[/quote']

I'm sorry but this is pure bullshit. Not only that, but this kind of brownosing is hurting the overall community as much as ppl that are bitching about too much realism and high difficulty. I agree that cheaters should be banned without warning, but there should be a clear set of rules to follow. Claiming that it's a noobs fault that he was banned for picking up cheat weapon from a corpse, because he didn't look in the forums, is stupid for two reasons.

1) There is no list of legit equipment

2) There are no rules

How can you justify banning someone for breaking the rules, if THERE ARE NO RULES? Following your logic Rocket could just as well ban you for whatever reason, and you couldn't say anything, because he banned you for a rule you didn't even know existed.

If there's going to be a future for this mod, we need a structure. And this can only be achieved by community feedback. The problem is right now this feedback is constantly being diluted and pushed aside by self entilted players that think of every person with a new suggestion as a "stupid whiner/cod kid". And that's not cool. Banning people for lack of knowledge is also not cool. What is cool however is listening to the community, learning from your mistakes and evolving.

• Like 9

This is an Alpha mod.

If you live in a bubble and do not pay any attention to the forums then it is you who are to blame.

In every multiplayer game I have ever played' date=' the player is responsible for understanding and abiding by the rules.

[/quote']

I'm sorry but this is pure bullshit. Not only that, but this kind of brownosing is hurting the overall community as much as ppl that are bitching about too much realism and high difficulty. I agree that cheaters should be banned without warning, but there should be a clear set of rules to follow. Claiming that it's a noobs fault that he was banned for picking up cheat weapon from a corpse, because he didn't look in the forums, is stupid for two reasons.

1) There is no list of legit equipment

2) There are no rules

How can you justify banning someone for breaking the rules, if THERE ARE NO RULES? Following your logic Rocket could just as well ban you for whatever reason, and you couldn't say anything, because he banned you for a rule you didn't even know existed.

If there's going to be a future for this mod, we need a structure. And this can only be achieved by community feedback. The problem is right now this feedback is constantly being diluted and pushed aside by self entilted players that think of every person with a new suggestion as a "stupid whiner/cod kid". And that's not cool. Banning people for lack of knowledge is also not cool. What is cool however is listening to the community, learning from your mistakes and evolving.

+1 for you mate. I completely agree with you.

Is there a official list of items that cannot be loot without hack, to prevent Ban for noob like me ? Or like a list of all original items u can find in the mod.

There is a loot spawn/probability chart, if it isn't on there, it is forbidden.

There is a loot spawn/probability chart' date=' if it isn't on there, it is forbidden.

[/quote']

The chart is done by a regular user, not someone related to the mod.

It could as well be false for some items, we don't know.

What i'm trying to say is that since there are no clear rules or a list of forbidden gear, it is stupid to ban people who can't spend their lives on the forum trying to get informations.

And don't misread: cheaters must be banned. With or without rules.

But the innocent player who takes forbidden gear because he doesn't know it is (or because he doesn't want to spoil the fun by reading the chart), will get banned for that, and that's bad

I imagine the guy who made the list looked through the code.

Can we get a list of legit weapons/items? Im new to the game and would hate to get banned for picking up a bullshit weapon.

With that said, I would actually like to thank Rocket for "ruling with an iron fist". I've owned and ran many servers for other games and the one thing i can tell you is that warnings do not work. They just delay the inevitable. I would perma-ban everyone. No temps. Dealing with the public can be awful at times.

I have find an AKS 74 UN Kobra...i can put it up or i will get banned? WTF. I wan't this weapon!!!Its silence..

impossible to find silenced ammo for that. Zombie hear isnt silenced ammo.

its nice to see Alex and el diablo banned :) however i shall never give anyone a transfusion again. . no1 can be trusted . . not even yourself !! :P

After reading this thread I'm curious if my reason for not being able to join any servers is being shadow banned for picking something up I didn't know not to. Maybe my data is just corrupt, but thinking back on some of the nice guns I've gotten off dead survivors I'm a bit worried. I just want to play. :-/

Also, if players can be banned simply by picking up items that are not allowed from survivor corpses can we at least get a damn list of items that we should not pick up? :huh:

It would only be fair since considering the information in this thread it's essentially a gamble each time you pick up a new item, not knowing whether or not it will get you banned for it. There is no common sense about it, people won't simply know by default what is meant to be picked up and what isn't. It's an asinine policy to punish people who are not even the original source of the offending items.

It would only be fair since considering the information in this thread it's essentially a gamble each time you pick up a new item' date=' not knowing whether or not it will get you banned for it. There is no common sense about it, people won't simply know by default what is meant to be picked up and what isn't. It's an asinine policy to punish people who are not even the original source of the offending items.

[/quote']

May be that helps

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons

asinine ?

Paranoid might be a better word but again you need to lay the blame where it belongs, on the little shits who buy hacks.

They are the reason people get banned.

If you want to help, let your fellow players know that picking up an advanced weapon is a risk.If you are picking up an aircraft mounted multi-barrel cannon it should be painfully obvious that it does not belong in the game.

If you are in doubt, then ask or even better, inform yourself as to the rules and regulations of the game you are playing.

If you walked on to a basketball court and round-housed kicked another player in the face, do you think the excuse " I didn't know it wasn't allowed" would be any comfort ?

This thread is making me very nervous. I just stumbled onto it out of pure curiosity. I've only been playing 2 days and never played Arma2 before. What if I had killed someone and they had a cheated weapon them and I picked it up? How am I supposed to know this is a cheated weapon? I've only played 2 days and this is Alpha, so things like no icons or whatever I'd just not even think of since this is Alpha and game can be buggy...

Now I'm afraid to play, because I might accidentally get something from hacker and be banned too...

Maybe I was already banned, because every time I try to connect to a server it says "waiting for server response" and like taht for like 15 minutes... never loads. Is CZ550 a hacked weapon? I remember I picked that up...

This thread is making me very nervous. I just stumbled onto it out of pure curiosity. I've only been playing 2 days and never played Arma2 before. What if I had killed someone and they had a cheated weapon them and I picked it up? How am I supposed to know this is a cheated weapon? I've only played 2 days and this is Alpha' date=' so things like no icons or whatever I'd just not even think of since this is Alpha and game can be buggy...

Now I'm afraid to play, because I might accidentally get something from hacker and be banned too...

Maybe I was already banned, because every time I try to connect to a server it says "waiting for server response" and like taht for like 15 minutes... never loads. Is CZ550 a hacked weapon? I remember I picked that up...

[/quote']

That weapon is allowed. You are not banned, just be patient while waiting to join or try another server :)

Here's a list of allowed weapons, I check it before looting weapons I'm uncertain about: http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons