rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

Well' date=' I have one question. I used the dayzwiki a few days ago. There is no HOLO weapon listed.

I saw two players with a M4A1 HOLO weapon in game (both bandits I've killed before - they didn't play together, different times so). I knew there was a chance that these people were cheaters.

What would happen if I had picked up the HOLO weapon? Instant ban after logout/saving? I didn't try it and never will it.

[/quote']

M4A1 Holo m203 - ingame weapon I found it at NW Airfield

M4A1 HWS M203 in Dayz wiki

Bans are irrevocable.

Now this is how all games should treat cheaters, way to go rocket!

I might picked up an "illegal" weapon tonight, what do i do?

The name was so long, that i couldnt remember it when looking up in the weapons list.

I think it was M4Asomething CCO? SD, basically an M4 with aimpoint and silencer.

Couldnt see if it was camo, since it was night.

I guess i should check if i have to go back to winchester then...

The M4A1 Holo is most definitely a legit weapon so I doubt it is being spawned by cheaters, I have seen it drop 2 times from the south NW airfield barracks.

Lol this kid. Isnt he banned from forums?

[attachment=482]

I run into him on servers often. mouthy this one is.

I might picked up an "illegal" weapon tonight' date=' what do i do?

The name was so long, that i couldnt remember it when looking up in the weapons list.

I think it was M4Asomething CCO? SD, basically an M4 with aimpoint and silencer.

Couldnt see if it was camo, since it was night.

I guess i should check if i have to go back to winchester then...

[/quote']

There are many variations of the M4 CCO you have found so don't worry. There is the M4A1CCO (Black model with red dot sight and foregrip), M4A3CCO (camo model with red dot sight, foregrip, flashlight), and also a version of the M4A1CCO SD (silenced version. I have not found it yet but a friend has). Cheers

A global ban list for anyone other than confirmed, verified, positive hackers is a really stupid and piss poor idea, especially in an alpha so fucked up and buggy that you could be "hacking" and not even know it.

Banning people is good, even if to show an example to other hackers. If you hack you get banned, permanently.

Simples!

I'd like to know the dev's official stance on stream-sniping, and if it is disallowed, how one can appropriately discern a stream-sniper from a player who may or may not have been.

I watch a lot of Twitch.tv streams, and a lot of the time, the streamer throws out accusations of stream-sniping and claiming that they'll be submitting the name / IP to both Twitch and the DayZ devs in order to issue both a Twitch ban and a database-level ban from all DayZ servers as a response.

I found that more than a few of these cases were very arguable and questionable accusations, and although there is a vast array of different servers to play on, I find myself checking for a few streamers in general who I am not personally familiar with, as to avoid coming in contact with them (most are hostile), as if I happen to win a firefight with one, and they recognize my username from a past streaming session, I could very well be considered a stream-sniper as well.

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find any official statement on it, aside from the words on the allowance of "meta-gaming", but I don't think this falls under that same category.

MasterCaution' pid='46264' dateline='1337654098']

And Prevention is never better than Punishment.....bullshit lefty concept that has been repeatedly proven not to work.

spare the rod' date=' spoil the child

[/quote']

Go take a look at another country other than America then.

Because I'm pretty sure prevention does work better.

Mostly because if you prevent it you don't even need to punish them IN THE FIRST PLACE.

• Like 2

@isaac -

Simple solution for stream sniping.. don't stream your game live for the world to see. Are you a complete idiot?

Why would you expect the devs to have any opinion other than you're an idiot on this one?

• Like 2

MasterCaution' pid='46264' dateline='1337654098']

And Prevention is never better than Punishment.....bullshit lefty concept that has been repeatedly proven not to work.

spare the rod' date=' spoil the child

[/quote']

Go take a look at another country other than America then.

Because I'm pretty sure prevention does work better.

Mostly because if you prevent it you don't even need to punish them IN THE FIRST PLACE.

HAve you suffered a severe head injury recently ?

There is no way to 100% percent prevent hacking so punishment is needed.

I don't need to look any any country because we are talking about a game and in that game prevention is certainly part of the solution ( ie: BattleEye) but punishment for hackers is also part of that solution.

Pull your head out of your ass and look around once and while, you might find the change of perspective enlightening.

@isaac -

Simple solution for stream sniping.. don't stream your game live for the world to see. Are you a complete idiot?

Why would you expect the devs to have any opinion other than you're an idiot on this one?

You didn't read my post in its entirety. I don't stream' date=' and thus, do not get stream-sniped. My post has absolutely nothing to do with rectifying stream-sniping. My post has everything to do with a concern for innocent players getting banned, if they [i']were actively punishing stream-sniping on the word of streamers alone, because that's what every high-volume streamer and their mother likes to claim. Thus, I'm here asking the validity of it.

Learn to read, please and thank you.

lol..its been two weeks and I still get no help on my situation of being banned for no reason. All most feels like they put names in a hat and drew up my name to be banned.

lol..its been two weeks and I still get no help on my situation of being banned for no reason. All most feels like they put names in a hat and drew up my name to be banned.

Any news on this? As a new player I'm concerned this may be an issue yet...

Any news on this? As a new player I'm concerned this may be an issue yet...

It may very well have been. We lost a couple weeks of replies due to a hacker. So, yeah.

Thank god these players got banned.

Good to also know this game takes precautions to hackers.

Hack free game!:D

i don't get it... how the autoban system works? and what i have to do to not be banned?

i don't know what weapon is in the mod or no, i cant see if looted M16 or other weapon or item is cheated or no, i can't even know what will happen next to my inventory... because this is alfa. How should i know?

i don't get it... how the autoban system works? and what i have to do to not be banned?

i don't know what weapon is in the mod or no' date=' i cant see if looted M16 or other weapon or item is cheated or no, i can't even know what will happen next to my inventory... because this is alfa. How should i know?

[/quote']

If you're running a bunch of scripts that you shouldn't be running... the banhammer lands on your head.

Simply put, to avoid being banned, just play the game as it is without any extra stuff you might want. Just use the beta patch and DayZ and you'll be fine.

i don't know what weapon is in the mod or no' date=' i cant see if looted M16 or other weapon or item is cheated or no, i can't even know what will happen next to my inventory... because this is alfa. How should i know?

[/quote']

If you're running a bunch of scripts that you shouldn't be running... the banhammer lands on your head.

Simply put, to avoid being banned, just play the game as it is without any extra stuff you might want. Just use the beta patch and DayZ and you'll be fine.

i wiil be fine when i will know how the system works and if i find some weapon on a dead body i will SEE that it is hacked...

Now the situation is... if i loot hacked beans from somebody's corpse i might be banned. You think its normal?