rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

Like I said MUCH earlier in this thread:

It is NOT HAPPENING any more. All weapons that hackers have once used are now gone thanks to server restarts' date=' and so far, no hacker has been able to spawn a weapon for days.

This is a non-issue now.

[/quote']

And what about people who were unlucky enough to pick up hacked weapons and received a ban? ... like the fellow above me posted shortly before me.

What's the crack with reporting hackers? As I do believe there is currently one on the 'Virginia 06' server going by the name of Dondedios. I hadn't even spawned into the game and it said "Dondedios Killed KunninLynguist' (I was at 'Requesting Character Data From Server'). Then what followed was plenty more of "Dondedios Killed..." such and such. I cannot imagine we were ALL spawned in the same place, especially seeing as I was spawning prone, inside a treeline.

I've finally gotten into the game and my body is seemingly upside down on some green hill... that's all I can tell. I'm a little fucked off that I've clearly lost all my gear, and will now have to meet up with all my mates again, but whatever. Shit happens, hackers exist, getting angry will only fuel their prepubescent minds.

So, can anyone explain that or am I right in thinking it was a hacker?

What's the crack with reporting hackers? As I do believe there is currently one on the 'Virginia 06' server going by the name of Dondedios. I hadn't even spawned into the game and it said "Dondedios Killed KunninLynguist'. Then what followed was plenty more of "Dondedios Killed..." such and such. I cannot imagine we were ALL spawned in the same place' date=' especially seeing as I was spawning prone, inside a treeline.

[/quote']

If it's in green, that's normal. There's a lot of superfluous chatter that occurs in the green text, that is not actually happening in the moment. Occasionally, you will see your own name 'saying things', which you are obviously not saying. It's probably this.

There's no problem of banning few innocent ppl (unless it's me)' date=' the severity must remain to give everyone else a more enjoyable experience.

I'm sorry if you have been banned for no reason, but you should keep it: It's Z day, it's a cruel world, the fairness has gone and crying is not enough to restore the civil rules.[/quote']

I don't get why the fictitious world within the game being harrowing and unfair should translate into the attitudes of the moderators toward the players being harrowing and unfair. Does that make sense to you? Why would you punish the people who've made your mod popular, your users?

I don't get that either. I've never been on a forum where people used the setting of a game to excuse insensitive or malicious behavior.

What's the crack with reporting hackers? As I do believe there is currently one on the 'Virginia 06' server going by the name of Dondedios. I hadn't even spawned into the game and it said "Dondedios Killed KunninLynguist'. Then what followed was plenty more of "Dondedios Killed..." such and such. I cannot imagine we were ALL spawned in the same place' date=' especially seeing as I was spawning prone, inside a treeline.

[/quote']

If it's in green, that's normal. There's a lot of superfluous chatter that occurs in the green text, that is not actually happening in the moment. Occasionally, you will see your own name 'saying things', which you are obviously not saying. It's probably this.

No, I'm well aware of how the chat system works or doesn't work! It was in the obituaries, which I thought was a tad strange because I'd not seen an obituary list the killer as well as the victim.

The Trail' pid='48268' dateline='1337691239']

Instead of making an Ad honinem attack on him why dont you get some research to further your own point instead of only providing YOUR opinion.

At this point you are fighting FACTS with OPINION and that just looks silly really.

Instead trying of act smart, why not pay attention to the red line under words that indicates you can't spell ?

I don't giving a flying fuck about his argument.

My comment was about the game, not some bullshit study, so refuting that argument would be pointless.

Prevention doesn't stop hackers and cheaters.

Banning them does.

I think he is a cheater and he is here whining because he got caught, but I can't prove it.

The same as he can't prove he wasn't cheating when he got caught with multibarreled aircraft cannon he simply didn't know wasn't part of a zombie survival game that starts you out with a pissy lil pistol and a few cans of beans.

cut the crap now or next response to the argument will get a warning

• Like 1

Like I said MUCH earlier in this thread:

It is NOT HAPPENING any more. All weapons that hackers have once used are now gone thanks to server restarts' date=' and so far, no hacker has been able to spawn a weapon for days.

This is a non-issue now.

[/quote']

Erm last night we had a guy firing off infinate rockets with an RPG7 (according to the server inventory log) and I'm pretty sure that isn't in the game.

How did those people get banned? I want to know so I can prevent that *new survivor here*.

Some guy Christopher logged on my server yesterday and I quickly saw our entire server be murdered... lol

SavageJuicebox is back ingame with another copy of arma. I see him all the time unless he has been unbanned I checked the appeals and didn't see him in there.

EDIT: Also GA1 is locking the day cycle. Was day for some and night for others. Dc'ing and hopping back in turned it day again. I saw a post about this screwing with load and login times so I figured I should report it.

Hi there,

I'm new to the game and was playing last night when I looted a body near a crane near the ocean and found this big gun. I've only seen the starting pistol and winchesters before so I got real excited that I found a hard-to-find gun. It was called "M8 TWS SD" and it seemed to be a sniper rifle. I tried it out and not only was it a sniper rifle, it also was silenced and had nightvision. I thought I hit the jackpot and had it with me for a little while until I asked my friend about it. He said that the weapon could be hacked and that I should ask the mods about it. When I alt-tabbed back in to the game I found out I was dead. I really didn't even know hacked weapons were possible. The server was Dallas 7 I believe. Are there any repercussions for just picking up a gun?

My friend was banned from US Hardcore 1 or 2 by the admin as soon as he logged in. It was our first time on the server yet he claimed that he banned my friend, EL BANDITO, for aborting during PVP. This is funny because admins should only ban for 2 reasons as quoted by Rocket:

"In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc."

Someone slap an admin for me?

Edit: I guess some people don't know the difference between unique ID and name... since multiple people can have the same name...

My friend was banned from US Hardcore 1 or 2 by the admin as soon as he logged in. It was our first time on the server yet he claimed that he banned my friend' date=' EL BANDITO, for aborting during PVP. This is funny because admins should only ban for 2 reasons as quoted by Rocket:

"In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc."

Someone slap an admin for me?

[/quote']

Are you a goon/LLKJ tag wearer? Because if you are he stated in that other thread that he'll ban you if you have the tag.

some guy called pitch is hacking on some server I left so I didnt die he killed like 20 players in a matter of 3mins and it was coming up Killed by pitch... so duno on a vir server

ppl haven't paid for arma 2 and arma 2 oa just to be banned for no reason

innocent victims who don't know if a gun is hacked in don't deserve to lose there £20 or so if they bought the game for this mod

Whoa there buddy, you've demonstrated a misguided line of reasoning here. Spending money on ArmA II does not entitle you to a single byte of Day Z data. You don't buy Day Z, you buy ArmA II, and an independent entity is in control of your ability to play Day Z.

Spending 30$/20£ on a game with the intent of playing a single mod is fine, as long as you understand that you have no rights for that mod, only revocable privileges. Players who are banned from Day Z are more than welcome to check out some of ArmA's other fine mods and missions.

well, in my opinion global ban lists aren´t a good thing.

you should make some good points and rules for being banned life time from dayz.

because its like with banlists in other games. if one screwd up admin bans you because out of nothing puts your name on a global ban list you re screwd on other servers.

you should make good rules for banning peope, and make them readable and transparent for others.

even now,nobody knows why these people in the topic were banned^^

Only rocket can update the global banlist.

That's good. My offer still stands on the log parsing for effective automatic cheat detection. I'm quite good at it.

EDIT: And I'm sure you have much better things to be doing with your time in relation to the mod. :)

I was able to run around in debug forest once. Me and some other survivor killed a spawning bandit. Is it possible that one of these mass-killing "cheaters" that's been mentioned, spawned and killed everyone stuck in debug forest?

I was able to run around in debug forest once. Me and some other survivor killed a spawning bandit. Is it possible that one of these mass-killing "cheaters" that's been mentioned' date=' spawned and killed everyone stuck in debug forest?

[/quote']

That's what's happening and honestly there is no good reason for that kind of behavior since it's bug abuse. Also people able to move around in debug are spawning invisible at times as well and can get to the normal map. People are abusing that as well.

ppl haven't paid for arma 2 and arma 2 oa just to be banned for no reason

innocent victims who don't know if a gun is hacked in don't deserve to lose there £20 or so if they bought the game for this mod

Whoa there buddy' date=' you've demonstrated a misguided line of reasoning here. Spending money on ArmA II does not entitle you to a single byte of Day Z data. You don't buy Day Z, you buy ArmA II, and an independent entity is in control of your ability to play Day Z.

Spending 30$/20£ on a game with the intent of playing a single mod is fine, as long as you understand that you have no rights for that mod, only revocable privileges. Players who are banned from Day Z are more than welcome to check out some of ArmA's other fine mods and missions.

[/quote']

i agree with almost everything you've said, however WhipDiddyWhip did made a good point, people who are new to arma and downloaded a mod in ALPHA stage can probably think that iconless weapons are normal in it.

Im not saying that people should start getting unbanned because of this but that we need an sticky clearing up small things like this.

Well, I have one question. I used the dayzwiki a few days ago. There is no HOLO weapon listed.

I saw two players with a M4A1 HOLO weapon in game (both bandits I've killed before - they didn't play together, different times so). I knew there was a chance that these people were cheaters.

What would happen if I had picked up the HOLO weapon? Instant ban after logout/saving? I didn't try it and never will it.