rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

I love how he says "Enjoy not playing DayZ forever."

They can easily spoof their GUID' date=' change their IP and start hacking again... Banning certain people won't do you any good... But's a good try to keep the servers clean of hackers.

[/quote']

You can change your PlayerID. But BattlEye compares your PlayerID with your GUID. If they don't match, then it will kick you. Furthermore, your GUID must be registered with GameSpy (via your CD-Key), so if it doesn't exist gamespy will kick you off.

This is why it is critical servers run BattlEye.

• Like 2

I love how he says "Enjoy not playing DayZ forever."

They can easily spoof their GUID' date=' change their IP and start hacking again... Banning certain people won't do you any good... But's a good try to keep the servers clean of hackers.

[/quote']

You can change your PlayerID. But BattlEye compares your PlayerID with your GUID. If they don't match, then it will kick you. Furthermore, your GUID must be registered with GameSpy (via your CD-Key), so if it doesn't exist gamespy will kick you off.

This is why it is critical servers run BattlEye.

Omg..you spoke ;O...do meeee now :o

*edit*

In case you think I am associated with pzero.. (I made a thread to get him banned should already be enough info) BUT.....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/proofgv.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/proof2uj.jpg/

Hes saying he is still able to play (I doubt it) prob just lying

What will be happen, if some hackers put the players unaviable weapons in the hand? Its possible i have seen it in ZL RPG servers. Someone give all players an Ak-74 or MG 36. So all players get banned? Horrible!

What will be happen' date=' if some hackers put the players unaviable weapons in the hand? Its possible i have seen it in ZL RPG servers. So all players get banned? Horrible!

[/quote']

you cannot put anyone anythings in his hand. One need to drop somethings in order that someone can pick it up again.

Other way is that someone needs to loot a dead or unconsious person.

Only ACE2Mod provides a possibility to exchange stuff from one person to another, but that requires agreement to the access on the own stuff.

At the end it is the free will that makes the different whether someone gets a forbidden weapon or not.

What will be happen' date=' if some hackers put the players unaviable weapons in the hand? Its possible i have seen it in ZL RPG servers. So all players get banned? Horrible!

[/quote']

you cannot put anyone anythings in his hand. One need to drop somethings in order that someone can pick it up again.

Other way is that someone needs to loot a dead or unconsious person.

Only ACE2Mod provides a possibility to exchange stuff from one person to another, but that requires agreement to the access on the own stuff.

At the end it is the free will that makes the different whether someone gets a forbidden weapon or not.

...I mean a script. Its possible. You can delete the weapons of a person and then put him a new one with a script.

...I mean a script. Its possible. You can delete the weapons of a person and then put him a new one with a script.

how will such a script been executed? I never heard that before and I used to play OFP, ArmA and now ArmA2 since the beginning 11 years ago.

This i have find in an hacker forum (this script is ol, but i think the las pbo hacks has this included, scripters can rewrite the vars..):

hint "All have weapons"

["player addmagazine ""30Rnd_545x39_AK"";player addmagazine ""30Rnd_545x39_AK"";player addmagazine ""30Rnd_545x39_AK"";player addmagazine ""30Rnd_545x39_AK"";player addmagazine ""30Rnd_545x39_AK"";player addweapon ""AKS_74_pso"";player selectweapon ""AKS_74_pso"";"] exec "\Buckfast\_do_public.sqs";

With the do_public.sqs they can put some special options, how only people in a near of 5 m get a weapon or the whole server. And its are possible. Maybe they need to rewrite, but then is this script undetected again.

This i have find in an hacker forum (this script is ol' date=' but i think the las pbo hacks has this included, scripters can rewrite the vars..):

[/quote']

did you reported that already to the devs?

I mean directly via mail or pm?

I was surprised as hell when I clicked on this topic and found my name on that list. I assume it's in regards to this:

FOR EVERYONE ELSE' date=' [b']VERY IMPORTANT

DO NOT LOOT ITEMS WITHOUT A PREVIEW PICTURE. DO NOT LOOT ITEMS FROM PLAYER YOU SUSPECT MIGHT NOT BE IN THE MOD.

... which I assume would explain that Hydra rocket launcher I picked up off of a corpse, promptly fired into the air, then died to zombies with still in my inventory. This was on my third day of playing I believe, I don't think I could even comprehend at the time that the item could be illegitimate.

I'm still waiting on an email reply from the dev team regarding the matter. I feel really bad for the next newbie who stumbles upon a hacker's corpse along the coast...

Well, Idk how long its been but no response from ANYBODY..I even blatantly tried to talk to rocket in this forum and just ignores me lol...W/e...Tattle on a hacker and get him banned, Then you get banned for doing it I guess.

Someone give me a link to DayZ in-game rules please' date=' I can't find it.

[/quote']

One rule:

Do not hack.

Well maybe:

Do not server hop

Do not disconnect abuse.

But since both are done by DayZ Staffmembers and they said so on the Forums in public I think its actually okay to exploit like that :)

can we get an updated list.... want to see about nooobs who were hacking if they got banned!

I've never hacked or cheated and I never will, but am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?

We've never even seen any rules, yet people are being perm-banned from the WHOLE game for "breaking the rules".

I think these people should be punished, but they shouldn't be perm-banned forever. At least not from the whole game. It is just as much the dev's faults for not having anti-hacking systems in place.

In every multiplayer game I know, if you hack or cheat, you will maybe be given a warning, then you will be banned from the SERVER you hacked on, not the whole game.

This isn't even the problem, the fact that you are banning people that just picked up loot from a hacker is simply ridiculous. What if I just bought Arma2 just to play this mod. I have no experience with the weapons, yet I get perma-banned for looting someone. £25 WASTED.

In my opinion, it is just as much the dev's faults as it is the hacker, for not having a system in place that stops this activity. Why not create a script that kills the player once the illegal weapon is in their inventory? Or at least deletes the weapon before they can use it. DON'T ban for it, as that is incredibly unfair, especially to newbie players like myself.

You should certainly make the rules more clear.

Make the rules more clear?

Hacking/cheating in a game by spawning illegal weapons that aren't permitted in the game in general by some client/hack that you're using to gain a disadvantage? I don't see a reason for them to let up but you also need to remember one thing: Their mod, their rules.

Yeah, but is there any list of the weapons authorized in the game published by the devs ?

Except for the "cheat sheet", which is not that easily accessible, you don't know which weapons are supposed to be in the mod and which are not. For example, the M136 AT4 is supposed to be in it, but not the SMAW. But if you pick up a SMAW from a dead cheater, you get banned for that.

I'm not talking about the cheaters. Obviously, they have to be banned (and from every server, since they are linked by a main server: in a MMO, you get banned from the whole game).

I'm talking about the players who are not aware of every aspects of the mod and who thought they were lucky by finding the body of a cheater with a Mk16, and they get banned for that.

I've never hacked or cheated and I never will' date=' but am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?

We've never even seen any rules, yet people are being perm-banned from the WHOLE game for "breaking the rules".

I think these people should be punished, but they shouldn't be perm-banned forever. At least not from the whole game. It is just as much the dev's faults for not having anti-hacking systems in place.

In every multiplayer game I know, if you hack or cheat, you will maybe be given a warning, then you will be banned from the SERVER you hacked on, not the whole game.

This isn't even the problem, the fact that you are banning people that just picked up loot from a hacker is simply ridiculous. What if I just bought Arma2 just to play this mod. I have no experience with the weapons, yet I get perma-banned for looting someone. £25 WASTED.

In my opinion, it is just as much the dev's faults as it is the hacker, for not having a system in place that stops this activity. Why not create a script that kills the player once the illegal weapon is in their inventory? Or at least deletes the weapon before they can use it. DON'T ban for it, as that is incredibly unfair, especially to newbie players like myself.

You should certainly make the rules more clear.

[/quote']

In every multiplayer game I know if you cheat you will be banned. I have never heard of people being "warned" for cheating ( ie: using a hack ).

In your opinion it is the Devs fault ?

And how much experience in developing game mods do you have to make that statement ?

I would bet none.

This is an Alpha mod.

If you paid $25 for a game to play an alpha mod then perhaps you should have paid attention as well.

If you live in a bubble and do not pay any attention to the forums then it is you who are to blame.

The Devs are not responsible for making sure every single person understands every single rule.

In every multiplayer game I have ever played, the player is responsible for understanding and abiding by the rules.

People who use hacks are the scum of the earth and people who watch it happen and say nothing are not much better.

You should grow up and place the blame where it belongs, on those who choose to cheat.

Those people are the reason "innocents" get banned, not because an Alpha mod is 2nanoseconds behind the hacker curve.

I think these people should be punished' date=' but they shouldn't be perm-banned forever. At least not from the whole game. It is just as much the dev's faults for not having anti-hacking systems in place.

[/quote']

they geting punished...they need to rebuy the game to get another ID and play the game as it is supposed to.

Battleeye was always quite clear in those cases, every punishement efects the player ID, which means for dayZ Ban from all servers ever...