Sign in to follow this  
Blippy

"Removed some non SD mags from SD weapons"

Do you know which weapons were affected? The PDW still takes M9SD mags, but I found a Makarov SD with only one mag, and wanted to know if it still took nonsuppressed magazines.

i think most SD weapons now only take sd not normal ones  :(

Wasn't it also that way before?

Edited by narkoman14
  • Like 1

On 1.7.7 i could use a regular makarov ammo on a makarov sd weapon. I think m9 SD doesn't accept normal m9 ammo.

Edited by monoking

Makarov is a .22 cal weapon. SD ammo is just subsonic ammo (cuz the silencer doesn't work properly if the bullet goes faster than the speed of sound) but as far as I know, .22 cal doesn't go faster than sound so there shouldn't be difference between regular makarov ammo and sd ammo, thats why you could still use it with a MakarovSD. Until now, seems.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Correct me if Im wrong.

It's a 9mm.

• Like 2

Makarov is a .22 cal weapon. SD ammo is just subsonic ammo (cuz the silencer doesn't work properly if the bullet goes faster than the speed of sound) but as far as I know, .22 cal doesn't go faster than sound so there shouldn't be difference between regular makarov ammo and sd ammo, thats why you could still use it with a MakarovSD. Until now, seems.

Correct me if Im wrong.

According to you we should be able to use both SD and non-SD rounds in all 9mm weapons.

I don't understand anything anymore.

The ammo used in a gun with a silencer to a gun without is no different. SD ammo is stupid and dumb and should just be removed altogether. What were they thinking adding different types of ammo in the code to make the bullet silenced? Code it into the gun people!!!!

You do realise there is a difference between the two types of ammunition right? Normal is the supersonic produces a crack sound ammo.
SD ammo is subsonic, so it is much quieter and doesn't produce the supersonic crack. As far as I know supressor or not the ammo is usable in both suppressed and unsuppresed. So have a suppressed weapon with sd ammo just means both the initial firing sound(that of the explosion) will be quieter and the bullet won't produce a supersonic crack. //rant over

You do realise there is a difference between the two types of ammunition right? Normal is the supersonic produces a crack sound ammo.

SD ammo is subsonic, so it is much quieter and doesn't produce the supersonic crack. As far as I know supressor or not the ammo is usable in both suppressed and unsuppresed. So have a suppressed weapon with sd ammo just means both the initial firing sound(that of the explosion) will be quieter and the bullet won't produce a supersonic crack. //rant over

You watch too many movies and play far too many games.

According to you we should be able to use both SD and non-SD rounds in all 9mm weapons.

I don't understand anything anymore.

9mm bullets go faster than sound, around 400 m/s and sound velocity is of 340 m/s

.22 doesn't

But above someone said the Makarov is a 9mm caliber gun, so I was wrong, and you can't use supersonic rounds on a silenced makarov.

However... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9718mm_Makarov

"Velocity= 319 m/s"

The 9x18mm makarov isn't the same as the 9x19 Parabellum of a G17 or M9, 9x18 is still subsonic, you should be able to use it with a MakarovSD

The ammo used in a gun with a silencer to a gun without is no different. SD ammo is stupid and dumb and should just be removed altogether. What were they thinking adding different types of ammo in the code to make the bullet silenced? Code it into the gun people!!!!

"In weapons firing supersonic bullets, the supersonic bullet itself produces a loud and very sharp sound as it leaves the muzzle in excess of the speed of sound and gradually reducing speed as it travels downrange. This is a small sonic boom, and is referred to in the firearm field as "ballistic crack" or "sonic signature." Subsonic ammunition eliminates this sound, but at the cost of lower velocity, resulting in decreased range and lessening effectiveness on the target."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor

Are you basing your comment on hollywood movies ?

• Like 1

Yes, I watch the renowned movie Wikipedia, and play it's Game spinoff Wikipedia:The Game too much, you caught me out.

• Like 1

Yes, I watch the renowned movie Wikipedia, and play it's Game spinoff Wikipedia:The Game too much, you caught me out.

Contrary to popular belief Wikipedia is a terrible source for information.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

I wrote an article on there when I was 14... it was embarrassing, two sentences long and with spelling mistakes.

• Like 1

I wrote an article on there when I was 14... it was embarrassing, two sentences long and with spelling mistakes.

This is exactly why it is not a good tool for research, lol. xD

This is exactly why it is not a good tool for research, lol. xD

My friend's friend, re wrote a godzilla article stating that it was based on a true story.  I pretty much never trust something from wikipedia since anyone can do that.

No he's 100% factually correct. Educate yourself.

Suppressed weapons can fire normal rounds and will reduce the sound and velocity, albeit to a lesser degree, but will wear out or fail after less rounds fired.

Some suppressors are tailored for normal rounds and others for low power alternatives, but mostly the difference is no more than how long the suppressor will last.

SD rounds are simply filled with less and/or lower grain propellant, reducing muzzle velocity further.  They will increase the suppression and life of the device, but are not usually necessary.

The second dimension of ammunition measurement is the length of the casing, an indicator of the propellant charge size and hence relative power.

The Makarov in game fires 9mm calibre (diameter) x 18mm case length, or 9x18 round.  The M9 fires 9x19, a slightly longer casing.  Though the calibre is the same, the round will generally not be interchangeable.

.22 calibre is the imperial inch equivalent of 5.56mm and is the diameter of the bullet, having nothing to do with its velocity.

In its DayZ guise, the .22 round is most definitely supersonic ... also known as the 5.56x51 NATO STANAG round.

.22 Rimfire is probably what most people refer to when quoting .22 ... aka 5.6x15R, used in recreational and competitive shooting.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 1

I was hoping someone would provide an answer instead of arguing semantics. I'll just hang on to the gun until I find a Makarov magazine and then post the answer myself.

Well go in game and find a bloody Makarov mag, they're common as dogshit.  You have the rather rare Makarov SD, not many of us do or will.  The answer is most likely in your own hands.  That better?

:emptycan:

No he's 100% factually correct. Educate yourself.

The difference is not even worth mentioning. I am educated, guns for show, knives for a pro!

considering the realism wanted in dayz, id like to see it done right. like RN said, that logic would work in game.

arma 3 mods (BP and others) have a great system for interchangable mags and they differentiate between the 9x19 and 9x18 well.

on another note, i would love to have rim fire in the game...would be hillarious!

some assassins still use rim fire because the velocity is so low, it penetrates the body at close distance and doesnt exit. resulting in a very messy internal injury.

a ruger 10/22 ingame would be hillarious, and some really basic rimfire pistols.

shit range, shit damage, but more common than a makarov. tons of available ammo too. should be in almost every barn even

Edited by deebz1234

So I found a makarov mag and nearly died to a gate that just about bit off my leg. Makarov SDs do not take regular magazines, so I dropped it. I'm just gonna stick with my PDW and M9SD mags, because they're more common.

Makarov SDs do not take regular magazines, so I dropped it.

That's silly. That needs to be fixed in the next update.

• Like 1