Publik

Freeside Trading Co.

Oh yea I understand what you are talking about mate. What big thing that came to mind was easy communication between the people who want to trade. It's hard to communicate on this forum with all the clutter. Even on Personal Messaging is slightly hard on this forum. So, in order to have better organization, a 3rd party website will be easy enough to make better interactions. Not only that, it will be easier to identify those people who want to scam. Scammers can easily be banned. If someone gets killed by a scammer, we can easily replace the gear that they had for free.

Is there anymore runs going to be announced in the future? I was going to bring supplies but I got killed :(

Probably this weekend' date=' next week at the latest. We're in talks.

When will you set up a permenant or semi-permenant shop? Would be useful to sell off some of my kit.

See above.

Is there anymore runs going to be announced in the future? I was going to bring supplies but I got killed :(

When will you set up a permenant or semi-permenant shop? Would be useful to sell off some of my kit.

See above.

Problem with bringing supplies is that we overfilled the car! We're gonna have to find a better way to store stuff, more/bigger vehicles or something. That said; we did so well Sunday we overfilled our storage!! :)

bump, sig test :)

With how popular the idea is I was thinking a bit.

Since we have a lot of people that want to play on more then just the weekends.

Why don't they?

They can form their own little caches with however many people in the group they want to bring along. Then when it comes time to setup the trading post they can all bring down what ever loot the post needs.

This would pretty much eliminate the need for scavengers during the trade sessions. Though I'm sure we can still have them if people want.

All people can be then focused into the guard and assigned sectors to sweep and secure. Plus being rapid response teams for any that 'fall through the cracks'

Once we get more vehicles (and more trust in the group) we can send the vehicles around to different caches (or just meet the people somewhere if trust is an issue) grab the supplies and return to the post to off load while the group walks it back.

It would pretty much turn into something like this.

Mon - Thur = Scavenging

Fri - Sun = Trade Post

With the new communication system we had for Sundays Op we could easily split up into groups.

We'd be more secure with around 20+ guards, spread through out the area during Trading.

We'd have more supplies, faster, (I think only the leaders should know the locations of all caches) and less likely to run into the 'food problem' during Trading sessions.

Side note-

I personally thought Davey was an excellent scavenger leader when we went out in the first group.

Also, Zarob was excellent on Overwatch.

And, in general everyone else did a great job! :)

See above.

Problem with bringing supplies is that we overfilled the car! We're gonna have to find a better way to store stuff, more/bigger vehicles or something. That said; we did so well Sunday we overfilled our storage!! :)

bump, sig test :)

I'm working on finding bigger vehicles. You guys filled up the car I found super fast and it wasn't that big to begin with.

I found a white pickup truck and Amentes helped me fill it with loot. However, when I logged back in Sunday it was gone. Someone must have found it. Will have to hide them better.

Two days ago I repaired a bus on the same server, but it was all gray and full of holes (like someone had destroyed it) however it still let me repair it. I couldn't get inside it though so it was a waste.

Since then I've found a bicycle (using to get around) and an ATV but I had to go to work so I couldn't repair it.

Will keep trying. :)

Why don't they?

They can form their own little caches with however many people in the group they want to bring along. Then when it comes time to setup the trading post they can all bring down what ever loot the post needs.

This would pretty much eliminate the need for scavengers during the trade sessions. Though I'm sure we can still have them if people want.

All people can be then focused into the guard and assigned sectors to sweep and secure. Plus being rapid response teams for any that 'fall through the cracks'

Once we get more vehicles (and more trust in the group) we can send the vehicles around to different caches (or just meet the people somewhere if trust is an issue) grab the supplies and return to the post to off load while the group walks it back.

Mon - Thur = Scavenging

Fri - Sun = Trade Post

With the new communication system we had for Sundays Op we could easily split up into groups.

We'd be more secure with around 20+ guards' date=' spread through out the area during Trading.

We'd have more supplies, faster, (I think only the leaders should know the locations of all caches) and less likely to run into the 'food problem' during Trading sessions.

Side note-

I personally thought Davey was an excellent scavenger leader when we went out in the first group.

[/quote']

That sounds like a good idea, keeping everyone active and productive while limiting the amount of organizational overhead that we have to deal with when organizing larger events. I'll be sure to bring your idea up and argue for it when we three convene to discuss our strategy for the future.

Why don't they?

Mon - Thur = Scavenging

Fri - Sun = Trade Post

We'd be more secure with around 20+ guards' date=' spread through out the area during Trading.

Side note-

[/quote']

That sounds like a good idea, keeping everyone active and productive while limiting the amount of organizational overhead that we have to deal with when organizing larger events. I'll be sure to bring your idea up and argue for it when we three convene to discuss our strategy for the future.

Striker75, I think you just earned yourself a cookie! Especially How Kurkistan says it will reduce the amount of organisation needed, Less work for us the better. It means we could also be relatively mobile/at different locations, makes bandit attacks a bit harder.

----

I had my own thought, but I'm not sure if its against the rules or just bad form (since it removes bandit opportunities, or is that a good thing?):

A designated log in area guarded by us, where players/traders can log in after safely making the trip from another server? As for logging out, there's nothing stopping them doing that in camp and going to another server anyway, but currently it's a case of shooting anyone who logs on without warning at the moment.

All of this sounds like amazing ideas. Once we have a website setup, these ideas will become reality if it isn't already. I was going to make it vBulletin so that it's a professional looking forum.

Is anyone good with the file management on the FTP side of a forum? I am not very good with it ether. Maybe in the near future and we can collect enough money, we can go with IPBoard or Xenforo or we could just stick with vBulletin and pay for a custom theme. If donations do not work, I will just have to pay for it all myself.

Steam Name: Creamys

TS3 Name: Creamys

In-Game Name: Sir Creamington

Forum Name:Creamys

Timezone (UTC): US Central/UTC-6

Roles you would like to fill: I believe i'll fit the pilot the best. I think i'm pretty good at landing and can control myself during situations. If the role isn't available, i'll take any other, but my other two choices would be a merc and a gatherer.

Looking to use the FTC to acquire some items i've been looking for.

What I Want - NVG's, Rangefinder, M107 Ammo, Ghille Suit for my friend

What I have to trade - Fn FAL with NV scope (2), Bizon SD (2), M14 (2), L85 AWS

Send me a PM and maybe we can work this out during the next FTC day.

All of this sounds like amazing ideas. Once we have a website setup' date=' these ideas will become reality if it isn't already. I was going to make it vBulletin so that it's a professional looking forum.

Is anyone good with the file management on the FTP side of a forum? I am not very good with it ether. Maybe in the near future and we can collect enough money, we can go with IPBoard or Xenforo or we could just stick with vBulletin and pay for a custom theme. If donations do not work, I will just have to pay for it all myself.

I wouldn't mind donating a bit to help out with the site. :)

All of this sounds like amazing ideas. Once we have a website setup' date=' these ideas will become reality if it isn't already. I was going to make it vBulletin so that it's a professional looking forum.

I wouldn't mind donating a bit to help out with the site. :)

Okay shoot me a PM whenever you get a chance so we can talk. I would love to have the help so that I can get this site strait since I already have problems with it as it is. I use it currently for a dead clan which I am going to leave, so since I am leaving this clan I am taking this site with me. the site name is http://www.dayzgaming.net. If you want to take a look you can.

Cori whats wrong with that forum as is? Just change names, and a few misc things?

There are a few internal problems that I can't fix.. Redirections don't work and a few other things as well....

Side note-

Also' date=' Zarob was excellent on Overwatch.

[/quote']

What is this I don't even...

Thanks Stryker! You were great to have watching over us as we rescued Summoner. I appreciate the shout out.

Zarob was killin' it up in the woods that whole time. I think he should definitely be one of our dedicated OW if he likes the job. :)

I'm psyched for our next op, hope to hear some news soon.

Good news. I have bought the domain, I will be transferring the new domain to the web hosting soon. :)

Good news. I have bought the domain' date=' I will be transferring the new domain to the web hosting soon. :)

[/quote']

I was following that train of posts Cori, psyched to hear we'll have a site soon!

You have no idea how psyched I am as well. I just made a ticket for the guys at host gator to change my primary domain to the new domain. All that is left is adding the host info and IP to the domain DNS manager.

Hell, maybe we can soon get a server made just for trading. Sure other people can use it not just for trading, but at least have our own server that says "Hosted By - Freeside Trading Co.

You have no idea how psyched I am as well. I just made a ticket for the guys at host gator to change my primary domain to the new domain. All that is left is adding the host info and IP to the domain DNS manager.

Hell' date=' maybe we can soon get a server made just for trading. Sure other people can use it not just for trading, but at least have our own server that says "Hosted By - Freeside Trading Co.

[/quote']

That would be an awesome next big step. Would be pretty sweet to post like "Head on down the the Freeside Trading Co. Server!" on our threads instead of just a state/number.

I'd throw money at that problem if it came to it. Just sayin....

There are a few servers that host a 50 man server for a little over 60 bucks a month. If we can get a good member base as well as donations to help out with the servers, we should be set for a successful community.

Didn't someone offer to host a sever for you guys? Look back a few pages.

As for everything else (been following this topic since Page 1) the community is getting solid. You guys will have your backstabbers though. The only thing to do then is to figure out the leak and plug it.

With that said I'll probably be sending my App towards one of you three here soon, finally got back from camping.

All sun burnt and shit, seven hour rafting trip hah.

Well, if anyone wants to donate a server to us, then hell, that would be very generous. This would help out a lot for Freeside as well.

I was thinking about renting a host for a DayZ server' date=' if Freeside needs a server it would give me a good reason to purchase one :).

I have never hosted an Arma 2 server before, so I may need to learn the syntax of commands and configuration, but all should work out fine in the end.

But really I don't currently have a motive to rent a host and fear that the server would go to waste if it didn't have a good group of players on it, plus they are quite expensive.

Freeside sounds like an awesome idea that looks like it could really take off given the right environment and community to surround it. I would be happy to rent a host for Freeside to use. It should be quite awesome to see how things unfold for Freeside.

So anyways, just wanted to offer this to Freeside if its needed.

Good Luck :).

[/quote']

There you guys go, this was on Page 14. It would be a great idea to contact him and see if hes still down for it, it will give his server popularity which in turn can turn into donations for him to maintain it.

Thank you! I will PM him about this and see what we can do to set this server up. :)