Publik

Freeside Trading Co.

We need to have patrol areas and patrol them randomly rather than set paths that can be observed and memorized.

The next main step in our plan is to move the post to the island. The island is the best place to have the post so tomorrow hopefully i can round up some people to look for boats and when we have 1 or 2 of those we can really get this thing off the ground

We need to have patrol areas and patrol them randomly rather than set paths that can be observed and memorized.

The next main step in our plan is to move the post to the island. The island is the best place to have the post so tomorrow hopefully i can round up some people to look for boats and when we have 1 or 2 of those we can really get this thing off the ground

ANNOUNCEMENT

People of the post find us a boat

pm me when you find one

As I said when I spoke to you over steam, there was much discussion about changing server, someone may well spend ages looking for a boat, find one then we end up going to another server and they have wasted their time.

Please do not make announcements without our say so.

Alright' date=' put together a Squad.XML for us.

We're currently using this image:

[img']http://sh2.armatechsquad.com/previewimages/switzerland.png

Unless we find we need something different. You'll be notified as we go around and get people's info.

Hi Publik, sorry I couldn't be there. I'm seeing some happy customers, though, so hopefully the next run will be a bit better off for lessons learned in this one and produce even more happy customers.

I must argue against this image, though. First of all, the white cross on red heavily implies a purely medical purpose. Dr. Wasteland would probably be better served with that than us. Perhaps a white cross on black, ala the Hospitallers?

As I said when I spoke to you over steam, there was much discussion about changing server, someone may well spend ages looking for a boat, find one then we end up going to another server and they have wasted their time.

If someone found a boat then we would look at that server and mayby play there, so ya i think its fine for people to report any boats they find.

As I said when I spoke to you over steam' date=' there was much discussion about changing server, someone may well spend ages looking for a boat, find one then we end up going to another server and they have wasted their time.

[/quote']

If someone found a boat then we would look at that server and mayby play there, so ya i think its fine for people to report any boats they find.

I'm not having a debate about this maximus, you said:

"People of the post find us a boat

pm me when you find one"

In an official looking announcement, not report them if they happen to find them.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Alright' date=' put together a Squad.XML for us.

We're currently using this image:

[img']http://sh2.armatechsquad.com/previewimages/switzerland.png

Unless we find we need something different. You'll be notified as we go around and get people's info.

Hi Publik, sorry I couldn't be there. I'm seeing some happy customers, though, so hopefully the next run will be a bit better off for lessons learned in this one and produce even more happy customers.

I must argue against this image, though. First of all, the white cross on red heavily implies a purely medical purpose. Dr. Wasteland would probably be better served with that than us. Perhaps a white cross on black, ala the Hospitallers?

That style is similar to Black Templars of Warhammer... Not that I am complaining, I love Warhammer!

Well, if you want your own custom logo you have to pay :D

I just picked something that would be visible and recognizable for now. If we find that the Squad.xml is useful I can go and buy our own logo. It's only like £1, so no big deal.

As I said when I spoke to you over steam' date=' there was much discussion about changing server, someone may well spend ages looking for a boat, find one then we end up going to another server and they have wasted their time.

[/quote']

Dear oh dear...

Maximus you are making things harder rather then easier here.

1: You yourself are asking people to do things however it is up to Kurkistan, Publik and Vulwulf to ask people such things as they are the ones sorting all this out behind the scenes.

2:Making choices of what is needed and what is not needed is the wrong move to make at this point because you have no idea if we will even need a boat or not. Telling people at this early stage to look for something that may not even be needed is unwise.

3:If Vulwulf, Kurkistan or Publik say something is not needed turning around and saying "ya i think its fine" in response to that is not going to get anywhere. They are the ones who are trying to get this set up so people can enjoy a trading post and whatever they say is ultimately for the benefit of us.

I know people are a little over excited now after the first trial run but treat it as it is, a trial run, where feedback and ideas are encouraged. Rushing around in a panic gathering stuff and going nuts this early on is just going to cause more hassle then is already happening behind the scenes, be calm and be paitent for the three leaders to work and iron all the nitty gritty details out... Then go crazy. :D

For a trial run it went pretty well, all things considered. I went in expecting all of us to die, though with 16 people there's not too much of a chance of that.

Mostly we just gotta figure out communication, discipline, and security.

On the topic of the boat, that's a much longer term goal. Once we get the server sorted out (we're looking for something with at least nametags), we can proceed to figure out vehicles.

And imagine what it'd be like to walk into a warehouse with 16 guns pointed at you :D

For a trial run it went pretty well' date=' all things considered. I went in expecting all of us to die

[/quote']

Funnily enough, more people died to that accidental grenade drop than any bandits...of whom we have still not found the culprit! <_< >_>

I'm interested in applying. I'm a mid level player and learning fast. I've got about 45 hours in game over the last few weeks, and I'm starting to look for more than solo survival and the occasional random partner out of my DayZ experience. I think I would be useful as any group troop role, primarily scavenger or guard, and could easily perform as a mercenary/patrol if needed. I'm a social guy, and this kind of cooperative social gameplay is exactly where I'd like this game to advance towards.

Steam - stabf

DayZ - Davey

Forum - survivor_davey

TS3 - none yet, but I can snag TS whenever necessary. Likely just Davey.

Timezone - EST (GMT-5)

How did the test run go?

Very chaotic :D Two died to an accidental grenade (let's ban those' date=' k?), one to a sniper. We got the sniper and a thief that ran into the camp. We were in the area for around 3 hours.

Things to take away:

-We need more organization in our comms channels

-We need fewer static guards at the camp, and more mobile ones

-We need to make sure everyone understands the ROE

-We need to have good trigger discipline and call our shots [i']before we fire

Steam Name: oskarskagervik

TS3 Name: Insane

In-Game Name: Insane

Forum Name: Insane

Timezone (UTC): +1

Roles you would like to fill: Guard

Just have to add that the idea is great, this is what i have been waiting for. I would love to be a part of it and im very active. Also i i think i will have lots of fun with you guys!

So Ben and I were sent out as Gatherers to find a vehicle.. originally a boat. Then I was told to find a car. Two hours later...

I found a car and repaired most of it (red car of sort). Then I found Ben again after he broke his leg and he repaired the engine, picked up Max, Car crashed, broke my own leg. Max Died... then hours and hours later, much turmoil, and 2 blown tires.. Ben's leg healed by friends of his, lost all my gear due to stairs bug, ran back, repaired the two tires with Ben (and friends) and Juiceboxes help, we hid the car.. I found a Bicycle too which im using. This was like 8-10 hours of effort to fix and hide this car. After everyone disconnected I found a few more supplies and stashed it in the car, lots of gas for it.

Hope this car was worth the effort lol

**I have now also found an off road pick up truck... currently trying to repair.

-We need to have good trigger discipline and call our shots before we fire

Just need a rule of people shouting "Outgoing (fire)" before firing.

If you take fire, obviously you can shout "Incoming (fire)".

Proper use of short-form communication is gonna be essential.

One of the most important things is contact drills, and learning how to accurately give other players a good idea of where the people you spotted are at.

"Over there, near that odd tree", just doesn't cut it :P

Steam Name: Jaggster

TS3 Name: ollo

In-Game Name: ollo

Forum Name: ollo

Timezone (UTC): UTC +2

Roles you would like to fill: Gatherer, Guard, Merc

Hope to added soon!

I really enjoy the fact that this happens on friday saturdays, really fits in my schedule! You guys are very organized! Definitely joining! I pmed you Publik! Excited to help out!

On a whole the night was great fun, perhaps not a complete success but very enjoyable. After we got players allocated into groups it seemed to work quite well, however the fact we were unable to communicate between the groups was a bit confusing (however this is more to do with teamspeak than anything else) it was also hard to differentiate between teamspeak and direct chat.

Those are just a couple of things I picked up from the after event 'de-briefing' and my own experience.

~Chris

Server for both vehicles is Seattle 64.. Ben, Juicebox know the location of the car. Amentes knows the location of the offroad-white truck. Both are repaired now. Time for sleep.. 12 hours up playing.

:| What server?

Seattle 64, they're both repaired now. Well white truck still need an engine and hull repair. But it drives and has gas (plus 3 jerry cans). Amentes put some stuff in it as well.

How did the test run go?

Very chaotic :D Two died to an accidental grenade (let's ban those' date=' k?), one to a sniper. We got the sniper and a thief that ran into the camp. We were in the area for around 3 hours.

Things to take away:

-We need more organization in our comms channels

-We need fewer static guards at the camp, and more mobile ones

-We need to make sure everyone understands the ROE

-We need to have good trigger discipline and call our shots [i']before we fire

Sounds a bit messy. I hope you guys continue, I might make the trip next time so I sincerely hope you'll continue organising these events. Anyway best of luck in the future and I'll be checking back later for more dates.

I would actually go here, as a starting member of DayZ who never shoots first, this sounds like alot of fun :D

However, broadcasting all your info will lead a ton of bandits to lead an organized attack, just a word of warning :l.