Publik

Freeside Trading Co.

I signed up for the forums, but unfortunately they're not letting me make a thread aswell.

I currently have an SVD camo with a single magazine, and an M14 with 3 magazines, both are for trade if anybody is interested. I would like an m107 if possible. Failing that I would love a DMR with NVGs or an M4A1 HWS GL Camo. I also have 2 spare morphine and about 10 meat if general supplies would improve trading the SVD for something.

For those that were having posting issues on the website, I have looked into the problem and there was some permission problems that conflicted with permissions regarding a certain category.

Thanks,

Cori

Hello Gentlemen,

Both the Kremlin and the leaders of the CQF are most anxious to know what transpired from your meeting. Was there any news about CQF helping Freeside?

Johnny

Brief rundown of what happened at today's post, and what was learned:

We started off ahead of time and promptly secured the area. Soon after starting, two removed members appeared, Sam and maximus (who we have reports also goes by morpheus, the one who appeared today). They entered the warehouse and were dispatched.

Another group of traders was apparently gathered and sent in by another ex-employee (kicked for spawning items). These traders entered without announcing themselves and one was killed. The other was wounded but we patched them up and they left after some trading was done.

The guard team was set up in the hangar and a 4 man gathering team was put together. The gathering team headed west along the airstrip to raid the tower.

When at the ATC at the west end of the airfield reports came in that Sam, morpheus, and others were along the coast in the Balota medical area. Sam and morpheus were removed at range by the gathering team and their friends were removed as they approached the ATC. The group continually cycled their spawns to return to Balota and were dispatched several times.

We received reports that the group was gathering in Cherno, and the gathering team returned to the warehouse to drop off items. The gathering team then went East to Cherno to gather medical supplies. Upon reaching the NW hospital, reports came in that the main base had been destroyed. Word is that a machine gun that pierced the walls of the building and had explosive effects tore down the building and killed most everyone inside, destroying several items being held for trade and a tractor. Many people around the server started dying, possibly due to the hacker.

A few minutes after, two members of the gathering team returned to the airfield post and met up with the admin of the server and one of their friends. The hacker attacked the five of us, and I managed to get offline before dying.

After that, a portion of us stayed to rearm for the next few hours.

So, a few things:

• Sam and morpheus and that other hacker guy whose name I don't care to remember are on our shit list. No biggies. The hack will be banned eventually and the other two aren't really a threat.
  • We're going to have to make sure that traders know the rules ahead of time. Basically, announce that you're coming into the area before you do. If you just barge through the door there's nothing we're gonna know about you, and we'll have to assume you're hostile.

Hello Gentlemen' date='

Both the Kremlin and the leaders of the CQF are most anxious to know what transpired from your meeting. Was there any news about CQF helping Freeside?

Johnny

[/quote']

It sounds like something we'd probably like to look into, maybe setting up a small cache under your protection in return for business?

Edit: The OP has been updated.

Johnny, you must understand that we are a relatively new foundation, and that what we are doing is not only innovative but challenging. It seems like this organization "Freeside Trading Co." has a lot of hard decisions to make in regards of what it wants, and what it needs. I for one know the stance of Freeside is to not pit itself against any one community within DayZ. I also know that all of our decisions are being made while keeping the best interest of the community in mind.

I hope you understand that while we are unsure of the future of this company, we are doing are absolute best to make sure that it is nothing short of its potential.

In order to get a better look into both organizations and how we can both benefit from a mutual understanding, I have thought of possibly offering a diplomatic trade of emissaries to get a better understanding of what it is exactly that could benefit us as a whole.

I will have to ask my superiors of their thoughts on the matter, but I strongly feel that there is much to be gained from this relationship.

Best regards, Daystar-Freeside-Officer.

In other words, he wants to check the place our first. Stop drinking, you.

I HAVE CHANGED THE DIRECTORY FROM FREESIDETRADING.CO/FORUM TO JUST FREESIDETRADING.CO. THIS HAS REMOVED THAT WEIRD DIRECTORY PROBLEMS THAT MADE EVERYTHING UGLY. PLEASE EDIT YOUR BOOKMARKS SET TO JUST FREESIDETRADING.CO IF YOU HAVE BOOKMARKED IT. YOU WILL GET A 404 ERROR IF YOU GO TO /FORUM.

Thanks,

Cori

I HAVE CHANGED THE DIRECTORY FROM FREESIDETRADING.CO/FORUM TO JUST FREESIDETRADING.CO. THIS HAS REMOVED THAT WEIRD DIRECTORY PROBLEMS THAT MADE EVERYTHING UGLY.

Thanks' date='

Cori

[/quote']

That's because ur the man! ;)

I keep getting the Simple Machines Forum view; is there a way to switch to a view that includes graphics and spacing?

Oh okay. I will look into the problem. I think I haven't set the theme as the default theme that I reinstalled.

Should change the link to the website on the OP. Didn't realize there was a new link till I went to the last page.

thx

Okay, ANNOUNCEMENT time:

We will be having another run from 20-24 UTC today at the southern end of the Balota airfield on Seattle 64. PM's are being sent out now for staff.

Should change the link to the website on the OP. Didn't realize there was a new link till I went to the last page.

thx

Publik's a bit busy today, but he'll get to it. Thank you for pointing it out.

By the way, why Seattle 64 and not 104?

EDIT: I mean, why not just transfer to our "own" servers already since our stuff got so royally wrecked on 64 last night anyway?

Is this still going down on Seattle 64? We are a few minutes early, but no one with FTC tags is online it seems

A reminder! Anyone with [FTC] or {FTC} tags in their actual name, IE visible from the lobby, does not have a valid tag! Valid tags are managed by squad.xml usage, so they do not appear from the lobby. The tag is also appended at the end of the player's name.

Example:

"Publik [FTC]" is valid, but only if it lists "Publik" on the player list.

"{FTC} Publik" or "[FTC] Publik" is always invalid, and if the player list reads "Publik [FTC]", it is not valid.

Is this still going down on Seattle 64? We are a few minutes early' date=' but no one with FTC tags is online it seems

[/quote']

The post will be opened at 20:00UTC which is exactly 1 hour from now. :D

I will announce here when we actually are in positions. I would recommend every trader to stand clear of the area before that so you don't accidentally get shot mistaken for a bandit. Seattle 64 is the latest info but I'll update you on that too should it be another server.

Isn't UTC 20:00 right now? I'm on PST, which should be -8 O_o

Isn't UTC 20:00 right now? I'm on PST' date=' which should be -8 O_o

[/quote']

Due to daylight saving time PST is now PDT which is UTC-7 hours. You are adding one hour too much. :P

It easily gets confusing though if you're not used to working with UTC.

And are we readddddyyyy???? :D

Btw, it seems that there is a fake Sarssi online. The playerlist reads "Sarssi [FTC]"

And are we readddddyyyy???? :D

Btw' date=' it seems that there is a fake Sarssi online. The playerlist reads "Sarssi [FTC']"

We're in the process of mobilizing our staff. Unfortunately though, due to every single one of us getting killed last night by a hacker, we're unable to get into location as quickly as we'd like to. Sorry for the inconvienience.

Also a clarification on that player list thingy. If you look at the playerlist found in map, you WILL see the tag. You know it's legit by clicking my name and you will see all the info (along with the Swiss flag). You can't see the [FTC] tag in the lobby playerlist though.

Okay then. We have a severe deficit of personnel on site, with a large number of our membership suffering from a chronic case of deadness since last nights hacker attack. I therefore call off today's run, although we still plan to operate tomorrow.

O_o life is hard.

I lold.

O_o life is hard.

I lold.

Okay then. We have a severe deficit of personnel on site' date=' with a large number of our membership suffering from a chronic case of deadness since last nights hacker attack. I therefore call off today's run, although we still plan to operate tomorrow.

[/quote']

I will personally see to it that I do everything I can to make sure tomorrow goes off without a hitch.

Spent the better part of my time the last 24 hours resupply caches, and getting new gear -,-....