r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 Feedback

How is fps while we are spawning hundreds of items we might as well see how fps is doing :-)

Honestly my FPS seems to be doing better since 1.8 hit. Even with the loot in abundance. 

I've died 4 times without finding a weapon, finally, just found a Winchester but no ammo, tried to put in it my backpack so I could continue wielding my hatchet but apparently it got destroyed

Also, when using the hatchet, I find even when super close (close enough for mr zombie to hit first) and aimed at the zombie it still misses, meaning I take 3000 blood worth of damage & probably bleed, it's a pain in the ass to get started in the game

I've died 4 times without finding a weapon, finally, just found a Winchester but no ammo, tried to put in it my backpack so I could continue wielding my hatchet but apparently it got destroyed

You don't put it in your bag, it goes into the holding slow when you pick it up. When you pick up a melee weapon like a Hatchet you right click it from your toolbelt and click move to back, then you can switch between the two.

Another annoying bug!

I found a G36 C Camo SD and tried to take it. I put my weapon into the car to be sure nothing bad happens. Im glad i did this because the G36 just dissapeared. Went into the forum to report this bug. Tabbed back into game and found out im dead. Got back to my dead body to loot my stuff. My dead body had the G36 C Camo SD and i took it again. Its not here.. some kind of invisibility. And i also cant swich from secondary to primary weapon. I also cant see it in my hand.

Health regeneration for solo players seems slower. (again, maybe I had a virus as well?). I had no red left in my hud icon and ate four cans of beans, a can of stew, and pistachios but my level didn't raise at all. At least not visibly. I still remained in the b/w heartbeat state. I'd still like to see solo players able to get some regeneration from self-administered blood bags. Maybe just make the regen higher for player to player use?

The more I play, the more this is bothering me as well. I'm always solo, and on a low pop. server, so interactions with others has been nil. I can run around scavanging food, finding and eating tons of it, yet I can never seem to gain any blood. It seems one light hit from a zombie takes away more blood than I can gain in a half hour of running around eating everything I can find.

I've yet to find all the needed components to go back to my hunting ways to see if killing a cow and eating it will do the trick, but that's my most important goal to find out right now.

• Like 2

The more I play, the more this is bothering me as well. I'm always solo, and on a low pop. server, so interactions with others has been nil. I can run around scavanging food, finding and eating tons of it, yet I can never seem to gain any blood. It seems one light hit from a zombie takes away more blood than I can gain in a half hour of running around eating everything I can find.

I've yet to find all the needed components to go back to my hunting ways to see if killing a cow and eating it will do the trick, but that's my most important goal to find out right now.

Make sure you are not eating your food too quick, you have to wait until the up arrow on the blood icon has gone away before you eat again or you wont get the full amount of blood back from each food item.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

First off, let me say that this patch is phenominal and has brought the game to a much higher level.  I'm really enjoying what the changes have done to improve the feel of the game.  With that out of the way, let me start with negatives then move to what I really like about the update.  BTW I apologize if some of my observations are off, I can't pretend to know what goes into coding so there may be things I comment on that were coincidental rather than something that was actually changed.

The bad:

- There is some glitchiness in the holding/carrying section of the inventory, seems sometime the melee weapons disappears and I can't switch with 1/2/3 keys but can still switch with mouse wheel.  Obviously this is a minor issue and stuff like this is expected, I'm sure it will be solved soon

- Day/night seems to have some serious issues (haven't searched so I don't know if this has been addressed somewhere else yet).  I joined several public servers that were supposed to be night time based on their posted timezone but on almost all of them it said it was somewhere around 2pm.  On server 3480 it changed from night to day then back to night again.

- HUD.  I hate to say it but the style just doesn't seem to work.  It's too obtrusive and looks pretty goofy.  I liked the latest HUD in 1.7.7.1 as well as DayZero's HUD, which is minimalist yet shows the meter draining rather than changing colors which is important to colorblind people like myself.  I know the HUD is supposed to match the look of the inventory and journal, but in my opinion it just doesn't work.

Now onto the good:

- Weapon switching:  LOVE THIS!!!  WOW is this a different game now!  Definitely changes the dynamics of how I approach situations

- Zombies: FINALLY, a great balance of difficulty and numbers!  I'm a little bit bummed that it seems infection rate was reduced (I loved how terrifying the zombies were in 1.7.7 when getting surrounded meant infection was certain), yet I really like how hard the zombies hit now.  There seems to be a lot more of them spawning too which adds to the tension when trying to loot without being seen or heard.  I love that they are a threat again.  The game finally feels like a zombie survival game and I think it will really change how people approach PvP situations.  I have *YET* to be hit through a wall after playing for several hours.  There were zombies all around me in the supermarket which is one of the classic spots you get hit through the wall and it didn't happen yet.  The zombies hits seem to match the animations really well.  Also, I really miss the wilderness zombie spawns, but I like that you've taken it a step back in that direction by adding the powerlines as a spawn point for loot and zombies.

- Food spawns: people have been complaining about the really high rate of food spawning.  I think it is a good counter to the high rate of damage the zombies deliver now.  I actually find myself filling my backpack with food for the trip North where as I use to just take one can of beans to eat when the hunder meter got too low

- Shacktac movement: awesome, speaks for itself

- Backpack zipping sound: great but scared the crap out of me a few times when I wasn't ready for it

There's plenty more that has been changed/added/fixed, but I need to get somemore time in game to experience it all.  I do have to say that 1.8 has really improved the overall feel of the game.  I had been playing DayZero pretty exclusively but 1.8 has brought me back to the official mod.  I'm enjoying the game more than ever due to the changes.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

OK. I've played more and here's three things I've found/want to restate:

1. Bleeding out seems way too fast now. See number 2.

2. I thought there was too much food at starting areas (I use random spawn), but I've changed my mind. No matter how much I eat, I don't see any blood regeneration. And I do make sure not to eat too fast.

3. I can still lie and watch three zombies all entering a cabin right after each other. And if I enter an empty cabin, I can get two zombs entering behind me that I did not see outside. This is number three because I realize that flares could help.

I posted previously. I do like a lot of 1.8. But the blood thing is my biggest concern.

Actually, I'm not sure how much flares would help. I could be wrong, as I rarely use them anyway, but I threw a couple down at Devil's Castle for fun and one zombie was entertained, the others ignored the flares entirely.

That's a single experience I've had though and it could be unusual, but before it did seem like they just couldn't get enough of the flares and would gather around it.

• Like 3

So the "bug" where you can equip two primaries is supposedly being fixed in the next patch. This disappoints me. I see no reason why you cannot carry an assault rifle and a sniper, or any combination of weapon. Shotgun and AK for example.

I am really annoyed they see this as a bug and are going to remove it. I thought it was an intended feature when I made this thread:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1174630_3388278963251_1134994826_n.jpg

Do others think it should stay?

• Like 1

Do others think it should stay?

No. Absolutely not.

You'd be able to carry two primaries, a side arm, a hatchet and crowbar in your tool belt and another weapon (or even two...) in your backpack. It's a bit ridiculous.

No. Absolutely not.

You'd be able to carry two primaries, a side arm, a hatchet and crowbar in your tool belt and another weapon (or even two...) in your backpack. It's a bit ridiculous.

Why? You already carry one weapon, a sidearm, many tools INCLUDING a toolbox. I mean, toolboxes are heavy, so arguing IRL phsyics is kinda not even a factor. Not to mention stuff a car engine into your back pack. Please don't come back with that sort of argument whne such things that are really, very ridiculous and in the game for a long time.

i dislike the new menu because you cant see through it, and when i go to close the back pack it sends me right out off the gear menu then i have to check the body again, i could be doing something wrong though. idk i guess im just use to the old menu, maybe i have to adjust and figure it out but i would of liked it to be just a different color and  you can still see through it ...

Edited by xxjxx

Why? You already carry one weapon, a sidearm, many tools INCLUDING a toolbox. I mean, toolboxes are heavy, so arguing IRL phsyics is kinda not even a factor. Not to mention stuff a car engine into your back pack. Please don't come back with that sort of argument whne such things that are really, very ridiculous and in the game for a long time.

So making it less authentic instead of addressing the issue is the obvious answer?

i dislike the new menu because you cant see through it, and when i go to close the back pack it sends me right out off the gear menu then i have to check the body again, i could be doing something wrong though. idk i guess im just use to the old menu, maybe i have to adjust and figure it out but i would of liked it to be just a different color and  you can still see through it ...

Thank you for the feedback.

Topic merged.

So making it less authentic instead of addressing the issue is the obvious answer?

How is it not authentic? OK you want authenticity? Fine, no more carrying rotary parts at all. Or engines. Or fuel-tank parts. Or more than one wheel. There you go, enjoy.

How is it not authentic? OK you want authenticity? Fine, no more carrying rotary parts at all. Or engines. Or fuel-tank parts. Or more than one wheel. There you go, enjoy.

If you can think up a way to repair vehicles that doesn't require already having one to transport the parts then sure, I'd be all for it.

If you can think up a way to repair vehicles that doesn't require already having one to transport the parts then sure, I'd be all for it.

Not one that could be done in the ARMA II engine that wouldn't require extensive 3D modelling, no. But, seeing as you asked:

shopping-trolley-hc-120l-.jpg

• Like 1

one should be able to climb into the trolley whilst his mate runs and pushes him, gaining speed then jump away and take cover whilst the guy in the trolley does a drive by shooting at the firestation

• Like 1

I'd just like to ask...is it normal to be insta-gibbed by a Zed? I'm talking about being a fresh spawn, full health, amazing ping (less than 90) and a non-viral Zed hits me and i die instantly. I thought it might have been a once off but it happened 6 time in maybe 2 hours.

I was recently hunting for a fishing rod and I noticed that the boat houses on Otmel and Skalisty Island have a problem where the loot spawns under the house making it hard to impossible to get to some of the loot piles. I'm wondering has anyone else see this and if so is it a known bug that will be fixed in the hot fix?

I'd just like to ask...is it normal to be insta-gibbed by a Zed? I'm talking about being a fresh spawn, full health, amazing ping (less than 90) and a non-viral Zed hits me and i die instantly. I thought it might have been a once off but it happened 6 time in maybe 2 hours.

They can hit up to as much as 4k blood, at least that's the most amount of damage I've recieved from a single zed. If they hit you hard enough to cause level 3 bleeding then it can feel like an insta-gib.

I was recently hunting for a fishing rod and I noticed that the boat houses on Otmel and Skalisty Island have a problem where the loot spawns under the house making it hard to impossible to get to some of the loot piles. I'm wondering has anyone else see this and if so is it a known bug that will be fixed in the hot fix?

Not looked into fishing yet, I'll hop on and check it out,

Edited by Dr.Duff

Last night I was attacked by a group of zombies and hit several times.  I didn't see any kind of indicator that there was any sepsis or infection - the health indicator looked exactly like before.  Once I bandaged, the health stopped dropping.  When eating something, I got the up-arrows for however long it took for the health to regenerate.

Around 15 minutes later I got a popup text message that there was a sepsis warning and that I had 15 minutes until blood loss started.  I looked at my health, and blood was draining out at 1 health per tick.  A short while later, it was draining out at 2 per tick.

Being nowhere near anything, ~500 health and dropping, intermittently passing out, I'd about given up hope.  Then, I walked off the third step up from the bottom of a staircase in a barn and pancaked with a final tally of -2500 health.  Seems either the server gravity was set to Jupiter, or there's still a couple physics glitches.  Not that I think you can do anything about it, I just kinda laughed out loud that a staircase took me out where a nasty infection didn't.

Either way, how is the sepsis notification supposed to work, if at all?  I thought I read that the health meter would indicate that an infection was taking place, but didn't see anything.

Another possible glitch I ran in to as well is that when I put the frag grenade trip wire to recipe in the crafting menu it doesn't work however I have been able to craft the tin can, flare, and smoke grenade variations. I also tried to craft the bear trap with a grenade the same way as the other recipes for it and it doesn't work however it doesn't have a recipe in the menu so maybe it didn't make it into 1.8? Anyway just wonder if anyone else has ran in to this as well.

Edited by Corporal Hicks