r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 Feedback

Make sure you are not eating your food too quick, you have to wait until the up arrow on the blood icon has gone away before you eat again or you wont get the full amount of blood back from each food item.

Definately helps to eat slower. I ended up on a server with blood displayed as a number, and it's easy to see how eating a bunch of food does no good if you don't wait and eat one thing at a time. Found a pig and was able to kill it and cook it up which works much better than cans.

I'm starting to adapt to the changes in 1.8 and figuring out the new ways to play to survive. Zombie numbers and hit damage definately slows down the run and grab play style I was using. I also like the ability to carry two primaries even if it is a glitch. It makes sense to be able to carry one on your back and one in hand if that's what you feel suits your play style the best. I never carried a pistol for ages as I'd rather be loaded with bandages(and now wipes) over a second weapon. But with the ungodly spawn rate of bandages and wipes, I've been carrying a pistol with a couple mags as the space is available.  My preferred loadout is still the M4CCO and hatchet over any other combo. Even if I still suck at using the hatchet. :o

Edited by foggierglint

Please add the zipper sound effect (which has provided hours and hours of great penis-whipping-out humor in my group) to when someone opens your backpack via the scroll menu, if it is possible.

• Like 1

Another possible glitch I ran in to as well is that when I put the frag grenade trip wire to recipe in the crafting menu it doesn't work

I suppose that the recipe information made it into the journal, but the actual trap didn't.

I thought this kind of trap would be the most overpowered so tried assembling it ASAP, but to no avail. Then tried the smoke grenade variation just to check out the new building system which is really awesome, but there's unfortunately no visual feedback on whether the building will succeed or not. Don't suppose ArmA will allow client-side checking though, but I'm no modder to be sure of that.

Anyway, I thought the wire traps would work nice when booby-trapping building entrances - a long farmhouse, in my test-case. But the system disallowed to put the trap just inside the entrance or outside. You generally can install the trap some 1+ meter outside of an entrance, but the wooden columns become too apparent and easily detectable. Maybe it's better for everyone, as putting traps inside the major chokepoints and bottlenecks is certain manslaughter, but damn I was sure it would be fun :)

More feedback from my last days frustrating failure.

With the new spawn rate of loot and zombies, there really needs to be a tweak on how time consuming it is to pick stuff up. For example-

There should be a way to pick up a backpack and take it without dropping your current one first. Maybe it can be handled along the lines of how you find clothes and they show in your inventory till you swap and put them on? Trying to empty my current 12 slot pack in to a 16 slot laying on the ground, then picking it up in an area with live zombies is impossible, and you should be able to just grab the new one and go.

When there is a group of stuff on the ground, why does the scroll wheel always default to the pick up empty can first? Can't it priority which item in the group it shows to pick up based on spawn rate or something? That or a simple take all would be better.

Going a little further out there, how about a spawn of something like a milk crate you can carry? Give it like an inventory capability of 20 slots, and when you have it in your hands, all you have to do is run over a loot pile, and you pick everything(pr a random percentage) laying there up. When carrying it, it takes up your weapon slot, so you have to drop it to use any weapon, but it would be possible to hang it off your backpack when empty. It would make looting a building, then running back to your vehicle and going through your stuff more realistic.Lord knows in a situation like this, I would be more apt to run and grab everything and sort it out once away from the threat.

I noticed last night, the stash (it was the small one) gets placed with the fireplace mechanism where it is instantly placed in front of you.  Can it be changed to the new style of placement like tents and barbed wire etc where you have the ability to rotate and slide it around till you find that just-right location?

I noticed last night, the stash (it was the small one) gets placed with the fireplace mechanism where it is instantly placed in front of you.  Can it be changed to the new style of placement like tents and barbed wire etc where you have the ability to rotate and slide it around till you find that just-right location?

That reminds me, this happened yesterday as well. I went to place my tent, it told me to use q and e to move it, but no tent ever appeared. Didn't end up back in inventory, or laying on the ground anywhere, just gone. >:(

You lose humanity when damaging the vehicle you are driving.

It took me a long time before I could figure out what was causing this. I'm a Hero so I keep a watch on my Humanity and I noticed it dropping occassionally when I had not shot/killed/or even been in contact with any other players. Sometimes it was just a few points, others it was as much as 100 humanity. I like my Hero skin so I didn't want to lose it especially when I hadn't shot anyone.

After a lot of lonewolf looting I finally cracked it. If you are driving a vehicle and you crash it so that you or the vehicle take substantial damage, you lose humanity. If you don't substantially damage the vehicle, say you just hit a post and turn the wheel slightly oranger, you lose something like 7 points. If you do more damage, like breaking off a wheel or causing your player to lose something like 500 blood from a crash, you lose almost 100 humanity.

I haven't tested this into extremes for what I hope are obvious reasons but its a definite issue, especially if you aren't a bandit and don't want your humanity to drop. I don't know if it occurs for players other than heroes, but it probably does.

I'd kinda like it fixed.

You lose humanity when damaging the vehicle you are driving.

It took me a long time before I could figure out what was causing this. I'm a Hero so I keep a watch on my Humanity and I noticed it dropping occassionally when I had not shot/killed/or even been in contact with any other players. Sometimes it was just a few points, others it was as much as 100 humanity. I like my Hero skin so I didn't want to lose it especially when I hadn't shot anyone.

After a lot of lonewolf looting I finally cracked it. If you are driving a vehicle and you crash it so that you or the vehicle take substantial damage, you lose humanity. If you don't substantially damage the vehicle, say you just hit a post and turn the wheel slightly oranger, you lose something like 7 points. If you do more damage, like breaking off a wheel or causing your player to lose something like 500 blood from a crash, you lose almost 100 humanity.

I haven't tested this into extremes for what I hope are obvious reasons but its a definite issue, especially if you aren't a bandit and don't want your humanity to drop. I don't know if it occurs for players other than heroes, but it probably does.

I'd kinda like it fixed.

Yup.. I have experienced this same thing! I had 7904 humanity recently and am now down to 7898.. I didn't know where that humanity went to, but that must be it, as I recently damaged my vehicle, also.

Also, a friend of mine crashed a helicopter and lost 1000 humanity.

Conversely, killing survivors and heroes does nothing to your humanity.. Not sure if killing Bandits still adds humanity. I shot 2 Bandits recently but do not recall whether it boosted me or not.

Conversely, killing survivors and heroes does nothing to your humanity.. Not sure if killing Bandits still adds humanity. I shot 2 Bandits recently but do not recall whether it boosted me or not.

I asked about killing Bandits and the boost to humanity and was told it never existed, though I am sure it once did.

Additionally, the group of 4 I run with started taking fire from a lone survivor (bad idea) 2 days ago.  I shot him once with an M14, he broke his leg and was knocked out and we left him to be killed by the zeds that were swarming him.  I lost 2,000+ humanity.    A few days prior, one of the fellas in my group shot and killed 2 survivors and saw no change in his humanity.   Humanity system is very wonky it seems.

There has never been a boost in vanilla DayZ for killing another player, bandit or survivor. The way it was supposed to work with bandits is that you wouldn't lose humanity for killing them.

Haven't been back to DayZ for very long, but as others mentioned, insane amount of food/drink spawns. This actually led me to start holding no food or drink in my entire because I knew I would never be too far a crap load of food/drinks.

I'm still not sure whether I love or hate the new UI/Inventory Skin. I like the new mechanics though (at least I think they're new?)

Edited by LiftCore

So I would like to know why the Makeshift Splint (Wood) or (Metal) did not make it to the live patch?  Here I am in the middle of the woods with a broken leg because I was playing around with the new placing system with the barbed wire and a zombie aggroed and I didn't know how to place it so he hit me.  Im no where near any city with a hospital and the hope of atleast creating a splint is more feasible to obtain materials for within my area.

Can this please be added soon?  It makes more sense that a splint could heal a broken leg rather than Morphine.

Edited by Komalt

If the helis, or at least the littlebirds, tilt when someone ejects now because of this update, it's not working as well as it should be.

It just cost me a helicopter when a friend ejected, with many successful ejections prior. Everything but the hull just went red as my friend ejected. I might be convinced it was another player, considering we were at Devil's, were it not for there being 3 people on the server other than us. 

Them DayZ glitches, always the way to bring a man down.

Edited by Diggydug

If the helis, or at least the littlebirds, tilt when someone ejects now because of this update, it's not working as well as it should be.

It just cost me a helicopter when a friend ejected, with many successful ejections prior. Everything but the hull just went red as my friend ejected. I might be convinced it was another player, considering we were at Devil's, were it not for there being 3 people on the server other than us. 

Thats nothing to do with the new patch, theres always been a chance that the parachute will damage the littlebird when ejecting.

Thats nothing to do with the new patch, theres always been a chance that the parachute will damage the littlebird when ejecting.

Never had it happen until now and I associated the sudden tilting with it.

Never had it happen until now and I associated the sudden tilting with it.

Yeah had it happen loads of times in the past, I now make it a point to ask any passengers to never eject out the littlebird.

As had been mentioned above way to much food

For me the new UI system looks good loving the new inventory layout but I can seem to right click and select drop any more.

With the lack of large bags around would be good to keep the 2 primary bug and fix it so it does not eat your hatchet.

Not really a fan of the new S-tac jump (using it in the open looks a bit strange) would be nice if you could still combat roll if you have no backpack

One thing that got me was I Put on a Ghillie suit yesterday and it broke my legs

Edited by slim_dusty

Not sure if it would work, but has anyone tried tilting the opposite way from the jumper prior to eject? Might prevent the heli from hitting the chute.

MTrying to empty my current 12 slot pack in to a 16 slot laying on the ground, then picking it up in an area with live zombies is impossible, and you should be able to just grab the new one and go.

Just put your old one on the ground first (full of stuff) go grab the new one and put it on immedietely, then go back to your old one, open it and unload... should only take a min

I asked about killing Bandits and the boost to humanity and was told it never existed, though I am sure it once did.

Fairly certain it did exist around the time the bandit skin was originally removed as after killing a bunch of them your humanity icon would become extremely happy.  By the time humanity was added back to debug and we had turbans it definitely no longer increased humanity though.

Edited by Castle
  • Like 1

Hey

I'm not sure that the Camo net was put in the game at 1.8 but i have a minor problem with it. 

Its almost impossible to place it so its actually worth something, you need to be in an open field to place it, and it basicly does nothing out there. I have the same problem with placing traps and stuff, take alot of space to place objects

It could also be very cool being able to put other objects near each other, like a tent under a camo net or sandbags etc

Regards Snughs

Edited by Snughs
  • Like 1

Hey

I'm not sure that the Camo net was put in the game at 1.8 but i have a minor problem with it. 

Its almost impossible to place it so its actually worth something, you need to be in an open field to place it, and it basicly does nothing out there. I have the same problem with placing traps and stuff, take alot of space to place objects

It could also be very cool being able to put other objects near each other, like a tent under a camo net or sandbags etc

Regards Snughs

I was going to post something about camo nets as well... They are so pointless lol even in the cleverest of spots.  However have carefully places bear traps near a lot of my tents\vehicles in some pretty cool spots.

Edited by JPWiser

Can you please fix the mechanic which varies the number of zombies that spawn depending on your machines FPS performance, I have a decent machine and the number of zombies that spawn are absolutely ridiculous. I mean every single building has 4 or 5 zeds spawned inside it, it makes the game almost unplayable.

I understand that this is to help not bog down peoples machine and I applauded you for that but can you please put an upper limit on it as it is out of hand.

Can you please fix the mechanic which varies the number of zombies that spawn depending on your machines FPS performance, I have a decent machine and the number of zombies that spawn are absolutely ridiculous. I mean every single building has 4 or 5 zeds spawned inside it, it makes the game almost unplayable.

I understand that this is to help not bog down peoples machine and I applauded you for that but can you please put an upper limit on it as it is out of hand.

Or you could fix your computer, just saying.

Misunderstanding, agree that a system like this should probably have a limit; if the idea is to improve FPS what good is it doing by lowering FPS with more zombies, kind of defeats the purpose.

Edited by Chris529

Or you could fix your computer, just saying.

Did you even bother to read his post before talking out of your ass? Let me break this down for you.

He simply states that because of the more fps-more zeds system, he gets too many zeds spawned when he plays. He's complaining because he gets too high fps, therefore too many zeds. Personally I like many zeds, and I'm not sure about implementing such a limit, but seriously your reply was not just useless but down to idiotic.

This is a forum, read and think before you post.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 1