r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Rather frustratingly the github is not public

It cause's too many issues :-(

Origins etc stealing things? 

Any rough ETA on the hotfix? It's sort of frustrating it takes so long to get a fix for the simple things like swapping 14 for _hour in servercleanup and making the SVD class work. I can understand other things need some testing before patching but basic things like this should happen within an hour or two of the original patch release surely? Is the approval process with Bohemia the hold up? 

Many people are getting a totally incorrect opinion of this patch due to the lootspawn bias issues. I've manually patched my servers building_spawnloot and am enjoying the patch much more now.  

• Like 2

Origins etc stealing things? 

Any rough ETA on the hotfix? It's sort of frustrating it takes so long to get a fix for the simple things like swapping 14 for _hour in servercleanup and making the SVD class work. I can understand other things need some testing before patching but basic things like this should happen within an hour or two of the original patch release surely? Is the approval process with Bohemia the hold up? 

Many people are getting a totally incorrect opinion of this patch due to the lootspawn bias issues. I've manually patched my servers building_spawnloot and am enjoying the patch much more now.  

I wish they where the only issues to resolve. No ETA due to real live stuff :-(

I wish they where the only issues to resolve. No ETA due to real live stuff :-(

:( Let me know If there's an IRC channel or something I can hang out in I'd be happy to help out however I can. To me the date/time, SVD, and LootBias were all tiny fixes and if I can fix them I'm sure you guys had them sorted even faster. If there's anything I can do to speed up the process of getting these smaller problems patched faster I'd love to help. I think it's very important to fix small bugs like these and release a patch before making larger changes like adding new disease mechanics. Especially when the hospital loot tables etc haven't been tested with a working lootbias yet. 

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

why are people complaining about the zombies? i too preferred when they caused a bleed every 2nd hit, but upping their damage is fine aswell. I liked the bleed better, as it made bandages a real necessity, so a compromise between the two should be implemented, as it is i can get hit 6 times and not bleed, but be down to 6000 health (give or take 4000).   

why on earth would you have a survival game set in a zombie apocalypse and then make the zombies *just* a nuisance? 

The zombies should be a clear threat, so that going into towns is actually a risk. also killing zombies should be more of a necessity than it was, i could run through berenzino aggroing the whole way and not have to kill any zeds, which is surely a sign that zombies are off. 

yes player interaction is more important than the zombies, but KoS is not player interaction, it's deathmatch. Having zeds that require killing would encourage a different playstyle than derping through cities not giving a shit how many zeds are chasing you because you're hunting freshspawns. 

on the subject of choosing spawns, I didn't like the idea at first, but it seems to work out that the north is actually a bit more dangerous, as alot of people choose to spawn in berenzino. Which is good, all in all the south coast was far too populated and the north was way too sparse,  berenzino was almost constantly empty which made gearing up far too easy, now i have to go inland straight away if i don't want a bullet between the eyes. 

also please lower loot spawns, i dunno about some guns as i still havent seen a m1911 or a makarov in about a week, but food and military gear is a bit plentiful.  

This entire post is opinion on both sides and we all know opinions are like an Asian hooker tied up in the basement .... everybody has one.

I think KOS is player interaction and is designed as part of the game as suggested by the main page of dayzmod.com where is says "Kill zombies and Bandits".  We cant have bandits unless they are killing players right? So players are meant to kill each other.  IMHO the 'survival' part of the game is old after your first month of playing, how long can you make a camp and load it wth food and supplies?  And imagine if everyone on the server was 'friendly' and did that .. zero suspense and excitement which is what makes this a great game.  All those traps you can now craft certainly aren't designed for use against zombies.  Dayz IS a deathmatch game and has always been designed as one.

Thats my opinion , zombies are now an obstacle to an enjoyable game because you cant do anything EXCEPT worry about the zombies.  And if the focus of interaction is the zombies, then there isn't much point in a multiplayer game with weapons, is there?  Maybe redesign the standalone as a lesson in recycling and keep score with the number of Glass Bottles or Tin Cans collected.

i've seen this issue with 'SVD class' mentioned so many times now but i'm non-the-wiser of 1. what that even means and 2. what the issue is. by SVD 'class' are people referring to the two models of SVD in 1.8? (from my understanding a non-camo version is now added)

i've seen this issue with 'SVD class' mentioned so many times now but i'm non-the-wiser of 1. what that even means and 2. what the issue is. by SVD 'class' are people referring to the two models of SVD in 1.8? (from my understanding a non-camo version is now added)

SVD doesn't work in game right now that's why there is an error I don't think it can spawn naturally and players with one from 1.7.7.1 will not be able to use it. 

The non camo version is indeed finally added (also won't work until there's a patch), but not the awesome NSPU variant which has an ironsight and nightvision :(

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

thanks seaweed, i genuinely had no idea what people were talking about but that clears it up :)

I'm not as comfortable as Seaweed is when it comes to editing the official server file scripts (as I was with my private server), so I'm at the mercy of your dev team to release that hotfix.  Losing night time alone has started giving me issues with regulars, and like I said I'm not comfortable playing around with the official hive files because I'm worried I'll just create my own bugs ;) 

I hear you on the real life commitment thing as well, so don't take this the wrong way, but doooood , where's the hotfix? :p 

Could this go on the first post as an amendment? because it's pretty buried back here and takes a while to find it again :) 

I noticed you guys removed the face changes that are under edit profile, like these ones, most of the really good looking ones were removed

*other players will see what you see

After 1.8 patch  you can still change your face to a zed and put on aviators and other types of glasses and such or change your face to a black dude or something

Im doing this in dayz overwatch since 1.8 patch didnt affect overwatch i can still use these, as for other mods im not sure but regular dayz 1.8 doesnt have ;(

i thought it was pretty cool i had a mask or bandanna looked exactly look ghost from cod lol and i had the aviators on, ah yea and some neat red, silver and yellow goldish bandit facehoods and some ski masks as well

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KjJU8JXUw&feature=youtu.be Edited by DrClaw_

:( Let me know If there's an IRC channel or something I can hang out in I'd be happy to help out however I can. To me the date/time, SVD, and LootBias were all tiny fixes and if I can fix them I'm sure you guys had them sorted even faster. If there's anything I can do to speed up the process of getting these smaller problems patched faster I'd love to help. I think it's very important to fix small bugs like these and release a patch before making larger changes like adding new disease mechanics. Especially when the hospital loot tables etc haven't been tested with a working lootbias yet. 

Yea ill get your hooked up in with the testers as soon as i get a few sec drop me your skype username in a pm. Also

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148118-rolling-changlog/#entry1477052

R4Z0R49,

Thanks for the continuous support, this patch is simply amazing, Dayzmod has reached the greatest stage ever.

P.S: The diary is awesome.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 3

MAN Im telling you, patch is perfect but NO FCKN ANIMALS !!!   Animals are gone from the game... :,((

why are people complaining about the zombies? i too preferred when they caused a bleed every 2nd hit, but upping their damage is fine aswell. I liked the bleed better, as it made bandages a real necessity, so a compromise between the two should be implemented, as it is i can get hit 6 times and not bleed, but be down to 6000 health (give or take 4000).   

why on earth would you have a survival game set in a zombie apocalypse and then make the zombies *just* a nuisance? 

The zombies should be a clear threat, so that going into towns is actually a risk. also killing zombies should be more of a necessity than it was, i could run through berenzino aggroing the whole way and not have to kill any zeds, which is surely a sign that zombies are off. 

yes player interaction is more important than the zombies, but KoS is not player interaction, it's deathmatch. Having zeds that require killing would encourage a different playstyle than derping through cities not giving a shit how many zeds are chasing you because you're hunting freshspawns. 

on the subject of choosing spawns, I didn't like the idea at first, but it seems to work out that the north is actually a bit more dangerous, as alot of people choose to spawn in berenzino. Which is good, all in all the south coast was far too populated and the north was way too sparse,  berenzino was almost constantly empty which made gearing up far too easy, now i have to go inland straight away if i don't want a bullet between the eyes. 

also please lower loot spawns, i dunno about some guns as i still havent seen a m1911 or a makarov in about a week, but food and military gear is a bit plentiful.  

This entire post is opinion on both sides and we all know opinions are like an Asian hooker tied up in the basement .... everybody has one.

I think KOS is player interaction and is designed as part of the game as suggested by the main page of dayzmod.com where is says "Kill zombies and Bandits".  We cant have bandits unless they are killing players right? So players are meant to kill each other.  IMHO the 'survival' part of the game is old after your first month of playing, how long can you make a camp and load it wth food and supplies?  And imagine if everyone on the server was 'friendly' and did that .. zero suspense and excitement which is what makes this a great game.  All those traps you can now craft certainly aren't designed for use against zombies.  Dayz IS a deathmatch game and has always been designed as one.

Thats my opinion , zombies are now an obstacle to an enjoyable game because you cant do anything EXCEPT worry about the zombies.  And if the focus of interaction is the zombies, then there isn't much point in a multiplayer game with weapons, is there?  Maybe redesign the standalone as a lesson in recycling and keep score with the number of Glass Bottles or Tin Cans collected.

it seems we enjoy this game for different reasons, but as you said everyone's entitled to an opinion, so go in peace. 

I have not noticed any issues with animals on private dayz.st server, working fine exactly as they where in 1.7.7.1. Fantastic job btw devs.

Now we just need one thing fixed. Body Temperature.

For the most part, it's always on Red Hot. Will we be seeing some tweaks on this? I'd like to get cold from raining weather easier and get an illness from that as well or even getting thirsty faster if you get too hot.

Please can someone post on how to fix the custom loadouts...

Since installed a fresh new 1.8 install the custom loadouts we have no longer work :(

Googled around and cant find anything.

Please can someone post on how to fix the custom loadouts...

Since installed a fresh new 1.8 install the custom loadouts we have no longer work :(

Googled around and cant find anything.

You're asking the wrong place custom loadouts have never been a part of dayz it is Reality or whichever private hive you are running who are responsible for that

You're asking the wrong place custom loadouts have never been a part of dayz it is Reality or whichever private hive you are running who are responsible for that

Ahh ok my apologies.

Will head over to them.

one thing i'd love to see in the next hotfix: character doesn't eat like a retarded 12 year old anymore, that would be amazing :) i genuinely can't eat while i play DayZ in the event i need to make my character eat, that noise makes me feel sick.

• Like 1