swetweeter

DayZ "Vanilla" Servers

Hey guys!

I absolutely hate these "250+ Vehicle spawn" servers or the ones with custom options in the hotbar like suicide etc.

I want a server that runs a clean, vanilla version of DayZ, with players that play the "game" like it´s supposed to be played. The closest I´ve come to this is the AWA servers but they´re connected to a private hive which is just unbearable.

Are there any servers left with the real DayZ feeling or am I doomed to play on servers where you can opt out if you spawn in Kamenka (Fucking Kamenka)?

Please help!

• Like 1

Good question, I've been finding these scarce myself so I'd be interested to see any vanilla ones around the Au/NZ servers. 

Really feel like the servers that are filled to the brim with vehicles, rare weapons and are daylight 24/7 kind of defeat the purpose of the game imo. 

• Like 1

A pretty decent server. Not 100% vanilla but when you factor in the high traffic, its a pretty worthy compromise. There are AI on skalisty and at the NWAF, there is a bridge to skalisty, and there is full moon. TBH, I have never found the AI so it hasn't been an issue and I don't frequent skalisty so again, no problem. The biggest draw card this server has is it's active and friendly admins. Was playing today and we got hacked, within the minute the admin had contacted us, gave us the TS details and they were perma-banned within 5min. Was very impressive 

Edit: hurrdurr too tired for this shenanigans....here is the link I meant to include http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/103.23.148.205:2302/

Edited by mphilippa

US 229-lots of regulars, good mix of friendly and bandit, my home server, come visit! (some of us been talking about eventually some clan wars and loosely organized survivor gamez among ourselves)

US3480!-I think this might be the last busy vanilla server in the U.S. Awesome server, very stable, great admin, (oh hey, there he is, what up Jimmy!)

Kudos for appreciating "real DayZ". I still don't understand the million vehicle spawns, spawn with ghillie/nvg/dmr,mdew. There's no point to the game if there is no struggle, no crawling your way to the top. 

It's too bad the remaining players don't come back to authentic dayz (don't like the vanilla term since there is nothing vanilla about official hive, its brutal now!). I've fallen in love with the game all over again after 10 months of complete unplayability because of hackers. But the hackers have moved on and it is a beautiful thing.

• Like 2

Screw AI. Screw self-bloodbagging. And finally, screw extra vehicles.

Top three things I hate about private servers these days.

• Like 3

I pretty much play only on US264, the only thing we have added is a debug screen.  And a very limited one at that.  Its moderately populated with an average of about 20 or so members.

Snap are my personal fav. Not only do they have great admins that always responding to anything in a matter of minutes but also the server is not too big and not too small at the same time and, they also do Overwatch servers etc. Its not 100% vanilla because they have their own anti-hack and stuff but that only adds to the positives about the server. They removed the side chat and global chat so you dont have people bitching at eachother all day long and its got very friendly players :) Heres their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SnapDayz

Edited by GrandadAssasin

Good question, I've been finding these scarce myself so I'd be interested to see any vanilla ones around the Au/NZ servers. 

Really feel like the servers that are filled to the brim with vehicles, rare weapons and are daylight 24/7 kind of defeat the purpose of the game imo. 

There are 10 public hives in AU/NZ believe it or not

There are 10 public hives in AU/NZ believe it or not

last time I checked the public hives, there were like 4 people on...no thanks :)

last time I checked the public hives, there were like 4 people on...no thanks :)

Come on,there's at least 8 to 10 players.

Not good news for the SA is it.I just had a play of Overwatch today,150+ players on just three AU servers.

I know who Id be making the SA for.The 1% who want vanilla DayZ or the other 99% who have rejected DayZ vanilla for the 200 vehicles spawn with DMR

vanilla are pretty empty..i hate self bloodbag more than anything else..i found some FR server with players and vanilla settings..

I play AWA #1. It's pretty much the closest thing to vanilla that isn't empty, lol.

Thus continues the self-fulfilling prophecy of empty vanilla servers... If you don't play on them, they stay empty.

• Like 2

I still don't understand the million vehicle spawns

Probably because even vanilla vehicle spawns are so absurdly everywhere that there isn't much difference between that and 500 besides there's no variety in what kind of car you might have.

I also have played on US3480.  It was a good server, but we found so many vehicles we purposefully destroyed some and other times because the server moved their position into a spot that it was required, see:

Me and my group have been rolling on US 3441 for a good two months or so since we started playing again. Pretty solid server with minimal lag. And no we're not the server admins.

Servers should respect a name syntax, so you can find them like that :

http://www.gametracker.com/search/dayz/?query=dayzmod.com

(Add also Jimmy's server, US 3480)

Gotta agree on this one good amount of players pure vanilla sweetness and I have never seen the admins abuse their power (sad that is a selling point now a days) I personally recommend it as well

I cant wait untill stand alone comes out and I can play true dayz!

untill then time to fly my heli over cherno,to bad I found it on the coast........with full green,.........damn it.

• Like 1

Servers should respect a name syntax, so you can find them like that :

http://www.gametracker.com/search/dayz/?query=dayzmod.com

(Add also Jimmy's server, US 3480)

Gametracker doesn't take the whole title of the server name, for exemple our server doesn't show up in your search filters but have daymod.com on the title name.

I'll try to reduce our title server name.

Edited by Ameo

US 3480 seems legit. I am on it right now but during the hour getting myself reacquainted with the game, I got low temp and became infected somehow. so now im almost out of blood. Was able to go make  camp fire and get my temps back to hot, but apparently its no good since my infection wont go away. Hey Ender, welcome back to DayZ lol

If your looking for "vanilla" experience then come on over to BMRF.ME. Not many people play Dayz Vanilla anymore to begin with but BMRF offers the basics and a more clean/difficult experience. 

https://bmrf.me/

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png