Sign in to follow this  
thunderjaguar6

Paranormal shenanigans

In a previous post I made where some of you guys shared some of your wildest dayz stories I saw a couple that were paranormal in nature.

This got me thinking.........could these be implemented into the standalone?

Similar to stalker in a way where strange creatures,weapons and events happen in the game,not something too far from what would be in the game but something neat like the gauss rifle in namalsk.

As usual post what you think and stay frosty!

Well, not for Chernarus but if Namalsk will be in SA anytime soon, STALKER related stuff WILL be awesome!

• Like 1

Dayz is not about ghosts and ufo's. I'ts about murder and clanwars.

Stop saying stupid things.

It's about survival and human interaction.

Am I the only one that gets the urge to punch his avatar in the face?

• Like 7

This game is about survival which means KILL OR BE KILLED! A high K/D ratio is what makes a pro player a pro player. Just because Im really good with a  G36 does not make me a hacker! 

I dont care if you believe me or not because your opinion is not important to me because you are not on my level!!!!

And stop saying shit about my avatar because you dont have the balls to post a real picture of yourself like me.

Edited by Jimmy the Bandit

This game is about survival which means KILL OR BE KILLED! A high K/D ratio is what makes a pro player a pro player. Just because Im really good with a  G36 does not make me a hacker! 

I dont care if you believe me or not because your opinion is not important to me because you are not on my level!!!!

And stop saying shit about my avatar because you dont have the balls to post a real picture of yourself like me.

You've already made your own thread about how great you are there is no need to bring it to someone else's thread - on topic please.

In regards to the OP - i wouldn't want SA to go down the supernatural route, but it would be nice to have some subtle things in game to ramp up the horror a bit.

• Like 6

what?what does your skill with a pistol have to do with this?

Bereit Der Exekutionskommandos! looks like Jimmy is the new village fool. On topic, THE GREAT GROOVER IS RIGHT! Subtle horror aspects would be good.

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 4

Trolls: Do not feed them.

• Like 3

lolwut?.....

That's you? Who let Justin Bieber get jiggy with Cher?!?

I don't post a real picture of myself because I don't want my face all over the internet. I would take advantage of that frame of mind if I were you.

@OP I don't think it'd fit the 'realistic' aspect DayZ tries to portray. Glowing zombie eyes in the woods would be as far as I'd go.

Edited by OfficerRaymond

You've already made your own thread about how great you are there is no need to bring it to someone else's thread - on topic please.

In regards to the OP - i wouldn't want SA to go down the supernatural route, but it would be nice to have some subtle things in game to ramp up the horror a bit.

true it shouldn't go the supernatural or sci fi route but nice little subtleties here and there that's only slightly abnormal from whats in the game you explained it perfectly

Its Goo0gle.

Ignore.

Suspending.

We dislike multiple accounts.

Edited by orlok

This game is about survival which means KILL OR BE KILLED! A high K/D ratio is what makes a pro player a pro player. Just because Im really good with a G36 does not make me a hacker!

You're on another level all right.

Jimmy the Bandit is like if G00gle had proper grammar...and played a lot of COD.  

Listen, and understand. That Goo0gle is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

• Like 8

rrWgUr3.png

I'm sorry. It took me a while to spell "misunderstood" correctly, and I didn't want my hard work to go to waste.

EDIT: Credits to Se7eN for the name.

Edited by Statik
  • Like 2

Listen, and understand. That Goo0gle is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are BORED.

FTFY

• Like 1

Listen, and understand. That Goo0gle is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

are we talking about this guy?!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Edited by joe_mcentire

Maybe easter egg paranormal stuff would be cool.  I wouldn't want to always run into the occasional ghost or slenderman, but an easter egg type thing at a place like green mountain would be cool.

Maybe if you went up there and drank a mountain dew you could hear strange noises and whispering.  Possibly you could see a figure for second.  However it would be nothing more than an easter egg and it would be meant to remind players of all the green mountain rumors from back in the DayZ mod.

• Like 1

It would be a very difficult thing to balance wouldn't it. But when the game is finished do we really want it to be JUST survive, kill zoms, maybe player, repair vehicle? 

I do think however that the mountain that shall not be named and all the lore the fan base has made up is really interesting. The (fake) radio broadcasts were so interesting, especially late at night where I fell for it reading the forums. 

I think the patches for the SA especially should list known things like [FIXED] whatever bug but also have stuff we are not told about. Discovering a new rare item that isn't listed and gets added to the wiki would be so cool and interesting. A new behaviour for some of the zombies (say military or 'scientist') would be interesting and could relate plot wise to the viral outbreak. Also I think that, and this has been discussed to death, the map, compass, GPS and radio and maybe random notes should help players find crash sites and other randomly occurring things, though players without these items could still stumble across them.

Also has the virus mutated? Are some animals affected? Sometimes, just rarely, do infected bears or wolves or roam the otherwise safe woods? Also to encourage night play can some things only happen at night time? 

I hope they will not remove the haunted bus stop when redoing the forests...hmmm can it be removed anyway ??

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

• Like 2