rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

happening since 1.7.5.

pickup a watch, makarov ammo and bandages drop to ground. gather all ammo back, pickup map, compass, knife, etc. ammo drops everytime.

some poeple say it happens to them as well, others say it doesn't. so it could be related to arma 2 beta patch?

I'm using ARMA2_OA_Build_93965, the latest one available atm.

Does Morphine spawn anywhere besides hospitals and medical tents? I broke my legs in Stary, and I've crawled through each town south, getting to Kamenka...and still haven't found any morphine.

A lot of painkillers though.

great job with this patch...have not found any problems only that i went through a wall and died and if you could fix that it would be awesome...also i would like to ask someone if they could tell me if camo or gillie suits are working? do i still spawn in the middle of the ocean?

Hmm, after the patch I have experienced every now and then the black "Receiving..." screen when I'm in-game. It just randomly pops up while playing and I have waited for like 30 seconds so I thought it just froze there. The only way to get out is to Ctrl+Alt+Del and close ArmA...

I love it! =]

the sweet irony of me testing it: before die had weapons and didn't have ammo and found 7 makarovs, then i die, then i fulled my bag with ammo and didn't found a single gun xD

Zeds Still phasing through walls and can see/hear me from very long distances.

even when SITTING STILL in a barracks building I had Zeds agro and attack through walls.

Zombies are far too sensitive still.

Still pissed that I lost ALL the gear I spent 2 weeks collecting because of a bug.

Died for the first time in 2 weeks because of super sensitive' date=' super fast, super strengthy zombies who can apparently hear my heart beating in my chest from a quarter mile away.

Any servers still running 1.7.1.2?

[/quote']

For me and every one I play this game with, every thing he says is VERY true. Zombies are like super humans, not decaying corpses. They need to be toned WAY down.

Zeds Still phasing through walls and can see/hear me from very long distances.

even when SITTING STILL in a barracks building I had Zeds agro and attack through walls.

Zombies are far too sensitive still.

Still pissed that I lost ALL the gear I spent 2 weeks collecting because of a bug.

Died for the first time in 2 weeks because of super sensitive' date=' super fast, super strengthy zombies who can apparently hear my heart beating in my chest from a quarter mile away.

Any servers still running 1.7.1.2?

[/quote']

For me and every one i play with, every thing he says is true. The zombies are like super humans, not decaying corpses. They need to be toned WAY down.

zombies bug out and glitch around pretty bad when inside buildings...specifically apartments/multi story buildings. I remember it being much more smooth.

ok' date=' there is a crash of "out of memory" with this patch, not happening only to me, 4 of my friends also have this problem...

[/quote']

Ive been getting that error now and then since 1.7.1

It happens when I take a break and exit to lobby for a while and go back to game.

rocket, patch is great

seems like the infected still sometimes see through walls though, and the clip fullness indicator sometimes stays on the empty slot after you move a clip from your backpack.

Any chance we can convince you to make hatchets and flashlights just stay in the tool belt and be activated through the f scrolling or middle mouse menu?

After playing for four hours i have come to the comclusion this update/hotfix hit the mark and raised the bar. Hatchet is fun, loot is good, behavior is spot on(aside from a few snafus).

Good stuff.

Can some one confirm if this is an expected behavior from infected:

I was crawling, see I infc inside a building, trowed a flare out of build. This infected and almost all near building, even the ones in the opposite direction of the flare, with the building between flare and these zeds, start to run to flare.

So all infected in a position that was impossible to see the flare appears to see it(it was day 10am). An ASCII ex:

..* .....<- flare

|..| .....<- door opened

[.....]

[.....]

....\/ .....<- door closed

\o/ ......<- some infecs

Ok, some second after all theses infec start to find me(wat?) and get inside build.

So I tried to lost one infected and finished with 5 inside the building build.. my luck was the stairs and the room to hide =] , all of them lost my sight ^^.

Is an expected behavior? =]

Rocket, may I suggest you change it to "equip hatchet" or something, rather than "remove from toolbelt"?

Anything like that would make it 200% easier to understand

It would also be nice if, like how you can use the middle mouse button to equip a weapon, the options 'Equip Flashlight' or 'Equip Hatchet' were there also.

Patch is great! Had a lot of fun tonight. Zombies are much more interesting and seem quite well balanced.

A couple of things to note:

- I've noticed a few 'buzzing flies' spots without bodies to go with them.

- Zombies seem to re-spawn inside buildings too quickly.

- Zombies who spawn inside seem to have trouble responding to you unless you draw them outside.

- Ran into the barbwire graphic bug tonight as well. (See:

for example of what I mean.)

Hi,

It was happen a strange thing ...

We were running with a friend, & i saw a flash, some bip bip & i died, my friend 100m behind me, died the second after me....

We don't understand what's going on, no fireshot, nightime & running, 2 insta kill ?

this is the most stable patch there has been for a while now, rocket may actually get some sleep now for the most part. although, there are still random stupid things that happen that have already been mentioned but MAY be waiting for an actual beta to adress..like my friend trying to put his primary in my alice pack. there was like...1 less spot than we needed. i had 9 spots or whatever you need 10..the gun will dissapear. forever. and doing the "swap whatever gun for whatever gun" option on the scroll wheel also makes guns dissapear. something idk if i was just noticing or if im being picky or what :X

Every time I pick something up I drop all my ammo. It's like I'm slightly retarded, holding each mag, shell and clip between my fingers and giggling like a complete nincompoop and when I see something shiny I drop all my fucking hardware so I can fit my fingers around a can of beans.

Or is dropping ammo akin to a beta dropping spaghetti all over the place? Because I don't need any more psychological torment over my social ineptitude thank you sir.

since i have a broken leg it seems the biggest problem is almost bleeding out every time i attempt to climb up any stairs,i with i didnt have to worry about stuff like this.

Strange inventory bug where I couldn't pick anything up. I think this kicked in after I found a hatchet and tried to move it from the tool belt. I didn't have enough inventory space to move it. After that, I could drop items but couldn't pick anything up.

Also, I could hear buzzing flies but couldn't find a body.

FPS issues fixed though. Great stuff :)

This makes me very excited for this weekend!

I love the utilization of the tool belt to make our lives better and improve access to our equipment. The zombies are surely quaking in their... worn out shoes?

Disregard my post about the missing debug monitor- I was running the game through steam and not the beta patch.

Strange inventory bug where I couldn't pick anything up. I think this kicked in after I found a hatchet and tried to move it from the tool belt. I didn't have enough inventory space to move it. After that' date=' I could drop items but couldn't pick anything up.

Also, I could hear buzzing flies but couldn't find a body.

FPS issues fixed though. Great stuff :)

[/quote']

I was having that issue a bit ago, I could not grab any shotgun shells for some reason.

I think the "mong" bug (dropping your items when trying to pick up new shiney things) is an OA Beta problem not a DayZ one

Probably been raised already, but the combining ammo makes for easy exploiting (at least for 1911/revolver ammo).

1911 mag with 1 bullet (more left) can be "combined" into a full revolver clip, which can then be recombined into a full 1911 mag. You can thus use a single mag to fire indefinitely, as long as you never fire that last bullet.