purepassion

My detailed DayZ standalone report from Gamescom 2013

and what would you do with that blood, not knowing if the person is sick or what blood type he has?

That's a chance you'd have to take which makes the game even better! more dilemmas and not as straightforward as some people can deal with.

and what would you do with that blood, not knowing if the person is sick or what blood type he has?

You test it with the testing kits that have been mentioned numerous times.

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 1

You test it with the testing kits that have been mentioned numerous times.

and hopefully they think about implementing that option ;)

and hopefully they think about implementing that option ;)

It is implemented/planned :)

Playing Dayz today and some guy talking in chat saying he looking for hes body to get his gear back, and that got me thinking that maybe in the standalone your body should rot (maybe with an animation) and despawn within a minute, This would stop players re-gearing from their dead body and 1 minute would probably give the killer enough time to loot it before it rots.

It would also help with any potential lag from many dead bodies on the server.

Just an idea i think would benefit the game in standalone and even the mod.

Not sure if this post should go here, sorry if doesnt mods :)

Umm... lets take a simple example: You are sniping somewhere far away from your target, like 1km away, then you kill your target and the body rots in 1 minute... All loot wasted, no one gained anything. Not so clever I think.

Alas, it has been a while but I decided to log in again to comment.

I am glad to hear of the changes and am hoping to see a release or alpha soon!

Thanks for the wall fo great text, glad to read an opinion from another long term player.

would good that in "DayZ SA" will place cities very big, for example... New York, Los Angeles, ETC. In that style, will be the fucking great in DayZ, yes sir.

Fog is really impressive! Your report is really impressive! Dayz is really impressive!

I think I have patience for another half year. 

Just wondering, how long did you play for and how far were you allowed to wander? Just around Sobor? Or did you go further?

:thumbsup: :beans: ty a lot, amazing post

Just wondering, how long did you play for and how far were you allowed to wander? Just around Sobor? Or did you go further?

I can't really recall how long I've actually played. Must have been around half an hour. Though most of the time was spent talking with Matt, Ivan and the other devs and then going around the booth, explaining things to the visitors.

I don't think there actually would have been any restrictions as to where to move to but I felt like the city was worth more attention than the fields surrounding it :)

Edited by PurePassion

Great Review PurePassion!

But I have a little question..

Does Dayz not feel a bit to complicated? I mean, seeing 15 diseases in game, you need to find out whats your blood type before you can give someone blood, if you find the right person, you need to reload magazines as complicated as possible..

You know, after all we still want some fun in Dayz and not only crafting things all the time..

When did DayZ become a OCD / high functioning autism simulator?  Constantly disinfecting everything?  Counting each individually wrapped bullet before meticulously loading it into my STANAG mag? 

I can't wait to spend hours in the forest stacking rocks in order of size from smallest to largest!  :)

Edited by bfisher

When did DayZ become a OCD / high functioning autism simulator?  Constantly disinfecting everything?  Counting each individually wrapped bullet before meticulously loading it into my STANAG mag? 

I can't wait to spend hours in the forest stacking rocks in order of size from smallest to largest!  :)

dont worry, no ones gunna give a rats ass about any of these "health issues"..

people will simply suicide and respawn at the first sign of any inconvienence.

the dayz community cant even wrap its head around not KoSing, do you think they will put up with all Rockets planned meta-gaming.

hell i bet people wont even shit, they will suicide and respawn with a fresh colon. hahah

When did DayZ become a OCD / high functioning autism simulator?   Counting each individually wrapped bullet before meticulously loading it into my STANAG mag? 

One of the first things my tutor made fun of me for, when I first started basic weapons training and one of the handguns misfed or something.  "You thought it was so easy, huh? ... Now try doing that [putting the intact round back with others in mag] in the dark and dirt in combat zone"

If anything... The classic AK/M16 range of reliability depending on maintenance etc, should also show up.  That definitely oughta be at least as high priority for modeling/inclusion, as simulating medical hazards down to over a dozen illnesses.

One of the first things my tutor made fun of me for, when I first started basic weapons training and one of the handguns misfed or something.  "You thought it was so easy, huh? ... Now try doing that [putting the intact round back with others in mag] in the dark and dirt in combat zone"

If anything... The classic AK/M16 range of reliability depending on maintenance etc, should also show up.  That definitely oughta be at least as high priority for modeling/inclusion, as simulating medical hazards down to over a dozen illnesses.

This gave me an idea - weapon maintenance kits - craftable with dunno, screwdriver + oil + metal rod. Weapons would start jamming more and more if fired, unless serviced.

And I did use the search button: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/133338-i-would-like-to-see-gun-maintenance-added-to-dayz/#entry1296830 . If craftable weapon maintenance kits is not a new idea, please delete at will...

This gave me an idea - weapon maintenance kits - craftable with dunno, screwdriver + oil + metal rod. Weapons would start jamming more and more if fired, unless serviced.

And I did use the search button: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/133338-i-would-like-to-see-gun-maintenance-added-to-dayz/#entry1296830 . If craftable weapon maintenance kits is not a new idea, please delete at will...

Weapons should be very, very rare. Being able to craft them is not just totally unauthentic and weird, it would be also having impact on the gameplay.

I believe weapon degradation will be a part of the SA now that each individual item in the world is now it's own entity.  

Not sure what the plans are for general weapon upkeep though, I'd like to see something pretty simple but still necessary if you want your gun to stay on top form and minimise risk of jamming etc.

Weapons should be very, very rare. Being able to craft them is not just totally unauthentic and weird, it would be also having impact on the gameplay.

Why should weapons be so rare?  I mean it shouldn't take an hour to get outfitted like a Navy Seal so you can KOS, but it shouldn't be DayZ: The Game of Hiding in your Underwear in a Bush from Zombies until You Die From Infection. 

bfisher, I'm not sure you actually like what DayZ is supposed to be, I think what you actually like is what it's become through the shortcomings of the mod.

It's supposed to be a gritty game of survival and that isn't supposed to be easy.

• Like 8

I think It makes it exciting to have super rare items. the hunt for tresure, if you like that sort of things

Edited by ibux

I think rocket has forgot what masde the mod so popular.

Its had so many changes and i bet the game will flop because of it.