purepassion

My detailed DayZ standalone report from Gamescom 2013

Nice work, probably the best bit of journalism i've read concerning the standalone.

• Like 5

Thanks for this very good and deep report and keep the Bohemia forums clean also in the future :) Some cool details in the report so I really recommend to check it.

Wow, nice and long detailed thread.

Beans given!

• Like 1

Also, this.

Dude sure does have alot of spare lanyards.

• Like 1

Nice write up :) Hoping that fog gets implemented.

Smashing report old sport. Good to see an honest and thorough report from from a common man to his fellow common men.

• Like 1

Smashing report old sport. Good to see an honest and thorough report from from a common man to his fellow common men.

Been watching some Great Gatsby lately, have we now?

Great Review PurePassion!

But I have a little question..

Does Dayz not feel a bit to complicated? I mean, seeing 15 diseases in game, you need to find out whats your blood type before you can give someone blood, if you find the right person, you need to reload magazines as complicated as possible..

You know, after all we still want some fun in Dayz and not only crafting things all the time..

Thank you very much for the kind words lads, it's always a pleasure to help the community! :)

Though really it's Ivan and Matt to thank! They took a significant amount of time to answer all the questions; and also thanks for the splendid beer :p

As for the complexity, I believe that especially the different blood types are a very important mechanic of the game because it fixes a flaw from the mod. Bloodpacks which were instantly fully restoring your health are a serious problem! They encourage reckless behavior, are highly unrealistic and present a distorted picture. With these additions, there is a new set of decisions and a new depth. A depth I am very looking forward to since depth doesn't have to equal redundant complications. As with additions like the books, I see a lot of potential for compelling stories in it.

Concerning the reloading mechanic, keep in mind that once you have filled all your available magazines and have them in your inventory, you can just reload them normally. Though as I said, I dislike the current "right-click and then click again on a small window" implementation which makes is a bit unnecessarily fiddly. The game mechanic itself is very nice.

• Like 2

Great Review PurePassion!

But I have a little question..

Does Dayz not feel a bit to complicated? I mean, seeing 15 diseases in game, you need to find out whats your blood type before you can give someone blood, if you find the right person, you need to reload magazines as complicated as possible..

You know, after all we still want some fun in Dayz and not only crafting things all the time..

i like it. especially the blood type and taking blood from other players thing. it "forces" player interaction without beeing totally constructed.

also OP thx for the read, it restored part of my "i want to play the standalone" :)

Playing Dayz today and some guy talking in chat saying he looking for hes body to get his gear back, and that got me thinking that maybe in the standalone your body should rot (maybe with an animation) and despawn within a minute, This would stop players re-gearing from their dead body and 1 minute would probably give the killer enough time to loot it before it rots.

It would also help with any potential lag from many dead bodies on the server.

Just an idea i think would benefit the game in standalone and even the mod.

Not sure if this post should go here, sorry if doesnt mods :)

This also beings up something interesting. Bandits could hold people up and take blood from their victims by force!

This also beings up something interesting. Bandits could hold people up and take blood from their victims by force!

and what would you do with that blood, not knowing if the person is sick or what blood type he has?