rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

I for example did not know that it will be possible to chain someone....we could easily talk for hours about what consequences this will have for the gameplay...from robbery  to executions or other really sick stuff...

we'll have to talk about Alt+F4-ing and the like then...you cannot expect everyone to play along

we'll have to talk about Alt+F4-ing and the like then...you cannot expect everyone to play along

Was touched on here

Yes. There will probably be a severe penalty for disconnecting while restrained, possibly your character will be considered "dead". But the time to break free from restraints will not be too long.

Let me put it this way, there is much more rope in the world than ammo - and ammo will need to be conserved. So I suspect it will offer a viable way for people to take others gear. Tie them up, and then head away. Five minutes later they have broken free - alive but missing their gear.

• Like 1

should be handled the same way as combat logging...game mechanics like this do not make sense if players are not forced to deal with them....

STOP CASUAL GAMEPLAY

• Like 1

What's about canbalism and getting the "shakes" ??...how rare will be food and will there be (server handled) periods of shortage of different resources ?? questions...questions...questions....

gtranslate:

My question is when will we see some content in the final phase of development. I mean, all we've seen and praised or criticized so far received the answer "is a pre alpha"...

Not to sound rude or anything it's just a question.

On the other hand I expect the game to be released soon. Before the "moment" pass.

Saludos y gracias por lo hecho hasta ahora Dean.

Edited by ALEXXXANDER

Anyone catch the "(Fraggle): I like being the bitch"?

I died.

He also said in a screenshot, "aw, that's it"

He also said in a screenshot, "aw, that's it"

So, from the video, we have learned that Fraggle is into bondage, gang bangs, and he is very submissive. Interesting.

gtranslate:

My question is when will we see some content in the final phase of development. I mean, all we've seen and praised or criticized so far received the answer "is a pre alpha"...

Not to sound rude or anything it's just a question.

On the other hand I expect the game to be released soon. Before the "moment" pass.

Saludos y gracias por lo hecho hasta ahora Dean.

Not exactly sure if i understand your question, but i'll try to answer.

Final phase of development is a long way off, the game hasn't even got into alpha yet.

Alpha could take as long as a year or even more, we really don't know for sure.

And as far as the moment passing is concerned, this is not a AAA title with hundreds of staff and a 30 million dollar budget, expecting them to release a full game in a year is simply unrealistic.

So, from the video, we have learned that Fraggle is into bondage, gang bangs, and he is very submissive. Interesting.

I knew that dirty motherfucker was into it from the start...

He also has a fetish for Heins tomato baked beans...

• Like 1

Hands tied behind backs.... looks good, but i don't like the weapon looks =( i'm sorry but arma 2 have better looks,  and the low crouch animation looks strange, but i can get used to it...

Hands tied behind backs.... looks good, but i don't like the weapon looks =( i'm sorry but arma 2 have better looks,  and the low crouch animation looks strange, but i can get used to it...

wow seriously? I think the new M4 look terrific, the amount of detail is just sick. not sure what you don't like about it?

We need to consolidate the controls for unarmed melee and armed melee - so that there is consistency.

There are two melee attacks with rifles. One is bayonet stab (if you have it), other is rifle butt. Our challenge now is getting everything together so it is consolidated and that your melee is controlled in a similar way regardless if you are armed or unarmed.

I wonder if there's going to be a own key dedicated for melee attacks, or if it is going to be an alternative "fire mode" you can select with "f" button (semi/burst/melee)... stabbing with bayonet should also have greater reach than hitting with a rifle stock.

I would like to see everything slowed down like 30 %, as in current modes everyone moves so fast it looks a bit glitchy. However I think this will be handled when they manage to fix that "bubble" thingie (I recall Rocket mentioning that if it succeeds, there can be more zombies which are slower).

Edited by Kuikka

It never was, nor will it ever be titled "DayZ Standalone"... Its official title is DayZ. The standalone bit is just tacked on by people in order to differentiate and avoid confusion from the mod.

I figured as much, but I still keep hearing it being referred to as "DayZ Standalone" by most people (including Rocket himself). Would be nice if they just dropped the Standalone. :)

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC

Are there any little pieces of info left that didn't get covered by the devblog? just wondering...don't know what else to discuss here at the moment... :/ (and no i won't go out or play another game  >:( )

I finally have to say something on this topic, too.

Is anyone really of the opinion that a shitty buggy game-release would NOT damage the reputation of the publisher? Bugs need to be weeded out. It will not wirk otherwiese. It HAS TO BE BETTER than expected, otherwise people will compare it to the infamous WarZ-scam. I am sure it will not be a scam, because it would by now have built up enough hype to be sold a lot of times...yet it does not release, the team wants that which is implemented to actually work and look ok. Maybe if it hits the aplpha-amrk in september, release it same time as GTA 5...so the whiny kiddies who will "not give the game much attention after their release" are out froim the start...god this game can do without kiddies, or adults behaving like them.

Some points I am concerned a bit about in the game so far (I have onlky seen bits, yes I know). Does the grass still only render for 80 meters? Because that will be the single-most rewarding feature that promotes sniping, like it is in the mod! A solution may be to have grass render if someone looks through a sight with zoom, and render it only centered at the point he aims at...though I have no idea if there is an actual possibility to add this at all or at least without frame-drops from hell.

Many people seem to be greatly underestimating the changes made by the new loot mechanics, the somewhat de-centralized buildup of the new map and the fully enterable buildings. The latter ones were one of the - if not THE - most immersion-breaking factors in dayZ. Also, all smaller towns were made non-viable as a looting place. This will all change. Also, the zombie-spawn server-side and the higher numbers of them should do something, too. I like where this is heading, and I will wait for it to come out later in the year.

Rocket mentioned that there will be a point where more people will join the development team...wuold be a shame not to use them for a while before the initial release. Amount of work put in = amount of fucks given = amount of happiness with the game later on.

Moo! I am just  a rambling madcow.

• Like 2

dmqByDp.jpgRed shows that you can change the Butt of a Rifle. I'm not sure what the Blue parts are, any Ideas?

Btw description of the Can says "lasts 2 to 5 years". Would be fun if it actually would go off. 

• Like 1

dmqByDp.jpgRed shows that you can change the Butt of a Rifle. I'm not sure what the Blue parts are, any Ideas?

Btw description of the Can says "lasts 2 to 5 years". Would be fun if it actually would go off. 

Yeah, and once the cans go off you'll get a bandit going in all the bins saying "Nothing should go to waste"....

And did I say he would be wearing dreadlocks and drinking his own pee....

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

I love you.. did I just say I love you out loud? Strange.

Edited by disorder

Was touched on here

I wonder what would happen when electricity would go off, or internet would go off, of a meteor would crash nearby or my neighbor would fck up with the power or the game crashes or the server crashes or the pc crashes or ...

What the...

I meant Dean and the team, in a platonic, non-gay sort of way.  Just a joke.

Edited by disorder

Red shows that you can change the Butt of a Rifle. I'm not sure what the Blue parts are, any Ideas?

The first blue item looks like a suppressor, im guessing it is whited out because the bayonet attached to the gun would prevent it fitting.

The second blue item looks like the adaptor that is used to attach other items to the gun such as flashlights.  

Just noticed that if you look to the bottom left on the hot bar you see an image of the bare bones gun with no attachments at all.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2