rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

Sorry for my agressive posts but guys you have to understand, I spent the last year waiting for the standalone, I watched and believed in everything Rocket said (including the release date on December). I spend 2 hours at least a day cheking forums,twitter,reddit and tumblr. I have never said anything negative about this project or the developers, but after ALL this anticipation (I waited for the promised developer blog by the time of the announcement) I just lost my mind when I saw this ironic post. After E3, rezzed streams developer blogs and so many hours of reading every post he wrote I felt like an idiot. I was one of the most PASSIVE fans with this project and I never ever let anyone harm this idea(project) or its developers. But after defending the fact that he isn't accurate (with excuses) I realized that it's true and that was a critical hit to my efforts. He owes us nothing AT ALL as a seller but as a developer he owes us all this fame and success and I really dont want something about it ,I just thought that would make him show some respect to the less patient by just being accurate. The only thing I wanted is a clear answer, YES the devblog is coming in 15 days no problem but not statements like "when it's ready".  This is underestimating my intelligence and is clearly a wrong path for a developer that wants to be trasparent.

Feel free to hate what I said. Sorry for the big posts

Edit: In reddit you can see people like me asking the same questions with the answer <<Well, let me put it this way. I'm still at work.>> http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1jjs0m/sa_so_what_has_happened_to_this_internal_review/

Edited by kanars
  • Like 4

Dean, if you are reading this - we love you, and we're here for you, and we don't judge you, and we just want you to know that you're fine the way you are.

Iamgay.jpeg

/jk

we all <3 u good sir! :3

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

Sorry for my agressive posts but guys you have to understand, I spent the last year waiting for the standalone, I watched and believed in everything Rocket said (including the release date on December). I spend 2 hours at least a day cheking forums,twitter,reddit and tumblr. I have never said anything negative about this project or the developers, but after ALL this anticipation (I waited for the promised developer blog by the time of the announcement) I just lost my mind when I saw this ironic post. After E3, rezzed streams developer blogs and so many hours of reading every post he wrote I felt like an idiot. I was one of the most PASSIVE fans with this project and I never ever let anyone harm this idea(project) or its developers. But after defending the fact that he isn't accurate (with excuses) I realized that it's true and that was a critical hit to my efforts. He owes us nothing AT ALL as a seller but as a developer he owes us all this fame and success and I really dont want something about it ,I just thought that would make him show some respect to the less patient by just being accurate. The only thing I wanted is a clear answer, YES the devblog is coming in 15 days no problem but not statements like "when it's ready".  This is underestimating my intelligence and is clearly a wrong path for a developer that wants to be trasparent.

Feel free to hate what I said. Sorry for the big posts

Mate, I understand how you feel and of course we're all passionate about the game or else we wouldn't be here. Fact of the matter is, you're getting too caught up on Dean's words. For all you know "When it's ready" could be a couple of hours. It's not going to take 15 days to do up a devblog... People are wound up so tight they'll over react to anything. 

• Like 5

It's not going to take 15 days to do up a devblog...

With Rocket, you never know...

you see it? guys? the love? how it affects us all in here! it is magical...dean should have been here now....

• Like 1

@capricornOne I am sorry about my insults for you, I just felt attacked while I was very angry so :D that escalated quicly.

• Like 2

@capricornOne I am sorry about my insults for you, I just felt attacked while I was very angry so :D that escalated quicly.

Np mate and just to be clear, my comments weren't aimed at you; rather at people who are so quick to jump on Dean for such a non story.. There are those that look for any opportunity to have a go and tbh it's incredibly boring.. Nobody wants to hear about how Dean violated your trust or any other creepy analogies. At the end of the day it's Dean's livelihood on the line, not ours.. It's just a game to us.

Edited by CapricornOne

Offs, can you PM me about it if you're still concerned as I suggested before (twice now).  It was a post asking about Take on Mars on a thread about a DayZ devblog, it got removed, the end.

Fuck mate im having a laugh. jesus fucking christ.

You on ya period or something lol.

Edited by nicefish

He said;

So you should have written that;

^in a PM (imo).

Why? I was pissin about mate with that last post and he got all gay about it lol

this thread turned out to be the greatest love story in dayz history!

• Like 2

Why? I was pissin about mate with that last post and he got all gay about it lol

Yay we're still posting about that.

• Like 2

yay!!!! lol

i love u fraggle really lol

Double yay!

Anyhoo, on topic, it sounds from that post by Rocket as if they're making the devblog now.  History tells us that they take an incredibly long time so I'm gonna check back at midnight.

• Like 4

LMFAO people are going nuts on him on Reddit. What's WITH these people--have they not learned how to socialize? It's like being in a special education school.

Edited by HumanBeing25
  • Like 2

Double yay!

Anyhoo, on topic, it sounds from that post by Rocket as if they're making the devblog now.  History tells us that they take an incredibly long time so I'm gonna check back at midnight.

yeah ill check later aswell mate lol

im sure it will be great

what time is it over there in rocket land? lol

LMFO people are going nuts on him on Reddit. What's WITH these people--have they not learned how to socialize? It's like being in a special education school.

I daren't look.  People rage hard over there and then upvote themselves to magnify their anger.  I understand frustration and even the occasional bit of anger but some of the shit that get's posted is just stupid.  Literally.

• Like 2

yeah ill check later aswell mate lol

im sure it will be great

what time is it over there in rocket land? lol

it's 8pm in Rocketland.

• Like 1

You will be briefed this week. But there is no point in me saying a time. Just ASAP this week. Once it's finished it will be uploaded to youtube. Sometimes it takes a long time for my youtube videos to master on their servers - I don't control that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1jjs0m/sa_so_what_has_happened_to_this_internal_review/cbfmr9c?context=3

EDIT: Question if is "this week" means this week, as in this weekend or next week. 

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

I daren't look.  People rage hard over there and then upvote themselves to magnify their anger.  I understand frustration and even the occasional bit of anger but some of the shit that get's posted is just stupid.  Literally.

I have no doubt that some Redditors are socially retarded -- and I am saying that fully aware that some from this forum are posting on the Reddit page.

• Like 2