rocket

IMPORTANT: Tents will be wiped in update 1.7.1.5

thanks for the heads up ill keep my tent till you resolve what ever your doing also one thing release dayz for arma 3 so we can enter every building and my brother (not a gamer) sais Can you email the boss of the game so they can make it for MAC i start crying and laughing my head off :'P

There's a difference between losing your stuff because of a legit update and losing your stuff cause some emo kid who can't find any good gear want's everyone to "be the same."

But... that's not what happened. You made it up.

The tents are being deleted because of a duplication bug. This will be a legitimate update. The dev has said so.

So your emo kid is not a factor.

That was a fun hour shuffling everything into a vehicle.

words cannot describe my shock and awe toward some people' date=' why on earth would you do that, you shouldnt be playing this like its done. putting your time and energy into this is not an excuse for anything. you should see how well shit works, report it, then try other shit. wait untill the game is released to spend time gathering equip.

[/quote']

bla bla bla....

Just a wipe to clear out tent cities, due to accidental/intentional duping I think.

I still haven't seen an official response about whether only placed tents will be wiped, or tents in inventories too?

My buddy and I found our first tent recently but hadn't decided on a home server yet.

Just wondering if that will go too or will we keep the inventory item?

Cheers

I think Rocket and the team should have just deleted all the tents and not given anyone a heads up. This IS an alpha test.

Boy I cant wait to see the reaction when Rocket tells you all he is wiping every player character and doing a full reset on the master server...

LOL you know what would be even greater, if he just cancelled the whole damn thing , and people that bought arma 2 just for this mod had nothing ahahah

How about you make it where people ANYONE can anyone pick up tents not just the person who placed it.

I hope the tent dupe WILL be fixed, because this tent nuke will be pointless!

I still haven't seen an official response about whether only placed tents will be wiped' date=' or tents in inventories too?

My buddy and I found our first tent recently but hadn't decided on a home server yet.

Just wondering if that will go too or will we keep the inventory item?

Cheers

[/quote']

This almost certainly only affects tents that have already been placed. I wouldn't read too much into it about affecting the tents on your person (I know my clanmates all just took 1 each)

I think Rocket and the team should have just deleted all the tents and not given anyone a heads up. This IS an alpha test.

Boy I cant wait to see the reaction when Rocket tells you all he is wiping every player character and doing a full reset on the master server...

that would be awesome. i have to say i am on day21 and pretty attached to my gear and char.

i still tested all the hotfixes and had some extreme moments.

i just cant die without doing suicide or doing some extreme stupid stuff.

this would force me without doing it myself and i would like it.

LOL you know what would be even greater' date=' if he just cancelled the whole damn thing , and people that bought arma 2 just for this mod had nothing ahahah

[/quote']

I had been on the fence about Arma 2 for a long time. This did finally push me into it. I've had more fun with DayZ since my purchase than I do with most AAA titles. For me it was worth it even if the project is abandoned today. Arma 2 is still a good game without DayZ.

For the first time I found a tent, I've tried to place it so many times and all failed. I decided to move, placed it twice or more while trying so many times (to middle of a road with a house full of zombie spawn next to it). Then I picked up this tent without using SAVE function and move it to elsewhere. I found a good spot and placed/saved the tent with some goodies in it. A day later, I couldnt find it. I started to think I am confusing the servers but I wasnt.

What happened: 2 days later of placing my tent, it popped up in spot I pitched (with exact stuff in it) it ALSO those other spots (empty) I've tried and failed pitch. So I had like 5 tents, duped which I didnt even intend to. Later on even if I pack a tent, leave it there so hoping world maybe somehow despawn it and I never see that tent there, with every restart tent was right there.

That was a fun hour shuffling everything into a vehicle.

words cannot describe my shock and awe toward some people' date=' why on earth would you do that, you shouldnt be playing this like its done. putting your time and energy into this is not an excuse for anything. you should see how well shit works, report it, then try other shit. wait untill the game is released to spend time gathering equip.

[/quote']

You read way too far into my comment. I'm happy rocket warned us, gave people like myself a chance to recover what we wanted.

I am having a hard time understanding why people get so attached to their gear. When I die, even when I am fully geared, I laugh it off and start over again. I rarely even try to get back to my body to loot it. That is supposed to be a key part of the game, surviving and dealing with death, and doing it all over again. This isn't a MMO where you horde all the uberloot in your bank.

I understand the need for tents, and think they provide a great feature to the game when used properly and not exploited, but get a grip... the incessant whining on the forums is just ridiculous.

Be glad that rocket gave you a heads up, grab what you can and just deal with it.

Don't defend yourself to the noobs who are running around shining flashlights in people's eyes because they are too bad to actually be able to have any real equipment. It's obvious why they want a playerwipe, they will be the same people quitting the game 2 weeks after it is released because they "can't find a vehicle."

Partizan, it's obvious you never had anything better than a lee enfield.

Partizan' date=' it's obvious you never had anything better than a lee enfield.

[/quote']

Ooh a Lee Enfield, haven't tried that yet. All I have so far is this sweet Makarov...

Trust me, I've lost the M249 that I was looking for for over 2 weeks about an hour after I picked it up. It sucks losing your gear, but it's part of the game. Why would I get mad?

And I only recently decided to create a forum account, been playing for over a month now.

Anyone know when this wipe out starts ? Someone told me it's over 6-12 hours from the time rocket made this post but is it possible to be more specific ? Me and my friends trying to save our loot in the tents but it's hard for us as a small group to protect everything for 12 hours straight.

How about this:

I came across a camp of about 10 tents and what did they have in them, you got it, tents, loads of em.

I took one for myself, ahh no,,,2

Then some bugger shot me !!!

I didn't say anything about getting mad about it, but these kids on here cheering for a gear wipe are obviously just trying to ruin someone elses gaming experience. Like I said before, if its part of a major update that it needs to be done i'm all for it, i understand it's alpha... but sitting here crying about everyone's gear should be wiped just because you don't have anything worthwhile is completely ridiculous. Personally, i'd be kind of mad if for no reason whatsoever i lost my AS50, GPS, Ghillie Suit, m16A4 acog, DMR and mp5sd... because I worked a very long time to get all of that gear (almost 200 hours of my life.)

What people can't seem to understand is that you can't require someone to play a game for the same reason you play a game. If people like to build bases and collect rare gear and that makes them feel good about their gaming experience, then let them alone and play the game for the reason you want to play the game. If that means you want to run through cherno with a enfield and kill noobs til you die and have to start over.. more power to you - just shut up about a gear wipe.

Dont like This :( this ruined the game for me' date=' damn all my stuff is useless now.

[/quote']

Well that's bad. I feel for your loss. We have lost our stuffs some days ago when "our" server died and never came up back again. This might be one of the occasions where i tell myself: "Yep, it's an alpha." DB-wipes and the like are just what you may expect here.

Happy huntin'. o7

ye it sucks worked pretty hard for the stuff i know its a alpha but just because some fags abuse the tents they ruin it for the fair people who got it you know