rocket

IMPORTANT: Tents will be wiped in update 1.7.1.5

can we please hold off the tent wipe untill after the zombie fix, right now zombies are apearing right next to me and 1hitting me even when flat on my belly in the middle of a field no where near buildings.

Dear people who are complaining about vehicles in a tent thread. The vehicles and their spawns have already been sorted out. Since 4 days ago.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12809

Since then our group has found and repaired 6 vehicles for our own uses. Look harder (at announcements and in game).

Only kinda, and only sorta.

Groups can still take the limited vehicles available in a map, take them off map (where their tent camps are), and then keep them there by moving and saving them.

This puts them beyond the reach of other characters. All of this stuff should be kept in bounds. I consider it a bug of Arma in that it's built to keep you on mission, and the mission would fail if you just ran into the 'wilderness'... But with DayZ, you can use those limited vehicles to hide all of your stuff free of looting or reprisal. Yes, I know this has been discussed ad infinitum.

But the vehicle fix is, hopefully, only the start, as is this. The two are related to a play style that many feel is questionable.

There are tons of vehicles on each server. They are everywhere. If you are solo you probably won't find one though unless you wander away from the major population centers. Many of the vehicle spawns are in remote locations and are just sitting there waiting to be found.

Personally I vote for complete resets. Delete all save data with each and every update until we hit beta. That way everyone starts from scratch with each patch.

Before anyone comes in and accuses me of being a noob with nothing to "loose" (as you people spell it). My character is loaded with crap and I have run out of things to do other than vehicle maintenance, fuel/water runs, hunting safaris, and inventory management in our large "tent city".... WIPE IT ALL!!!!

There are tons of vehicles on each server. They are everywhere. If you are solo you probably won't find one though unless you wander away from the major population centers. Many of the vehicle spawns are in remote locations and are just sitting there waiting to be found.

Personally I vote for complete resets. Delete all save data with each and every update until we hit beta. That way everyone starts from scratch with each patch.

Before anyone comes in and accuses me of being a noob with nothing to "loose" (as you people spell it). My character is loaded with crap and I have run out of things to do other than vehicle maintenance' date=' fuel/water runs, hunting safaris, and inventory management in our large "tent city".... WIPE IT ALL!!!!

[/quote']

brilliant, <3 this idea,

Before anyone comes in and accuses me of being a noob with nothing to "loose" (as you people spell it). My character is loaded with crap and I have run out of things to do other than vehicle maintenance' date=' fuel/water runs, hunting safaris, and inventory management in our large "tent city".... WIPE IT ALL!!!!

[/quote']

Press ESC

Click Respawn

Cheers =D

[/quote']

brilliant, <3 this idea,

Except for one thing... Right now Hotfixes/patches are being released daily and the idea of having to start over every day right now would make me not want to play. Now maybe for every Major Patch yes... IE 1.8... but for minor IE the 1.7.1.5, 1.7.1.6 or heck 1.7.2... I would not like that at all.

[/quote']

brilliant, <3 this idea,

Except for one thing... Right now Hotfixes/patches are being released daily and the idea of having to start over every day right now would make me not want to play. Now maybe for every Major Patch yes... IE 1.8... but for minor IE the 1.7.1.5, 1.7.1.6 or heck 1.7.2... I would not like that at all.

Right, so your ONE THING is that you don't like starting over. See you in beta then! :D

Hey, guys. If i put all my staff from tents to the trunk of the car, will it save after 1.7.1.5 or gone anyway?

Press ESC

Click Respawn

Cheers =D

Done it many times. Strangely when I get back to camp all the vehicles and tents are still there though. Your suggestion didn't seem to work for me. :P

[/quote']

brilliant, <3 this idea,

Right, so your ONE THING is that you don't like starting over. See you in beta then! :D

Nope... I have died many times now and start over allot... but I know I don't have a TON of time to play. So I play at night for a few hours, get some decent gear and then well I have to go to bed due to well this thing called a job. So while I am asleep a patch is applied, I never got a chance to use anything I found, well now I have to start over again... not b/c I messed up and aggroed every infected in town or got into a fire fight that I couldn't handle... but b/c I had to go to bed and a patch was applied. That is why I would only suggest a wipe of every on major releases and not minor.

Now maybe the system is in need of a major wipe when we went from 1.6 to 1.7, I don't know. I am just giving my 2 cents on the idea of wiping on every patch. I don't like it, I would prefer if any wipes are done it is on major releases.

Press ESC

Click Respawn

Cheers =D

Done it many times. Strangely when I get back to camp all the vehicles and tents are still there though. Your suggestion didn't seem to work for me. :P

[/quote']

brilliant, <3 this idea,

Nope... I have died many times now and start over allot... but I know I don't have a TON of time to play. So I play at night for a few hours, get some decent gear and then well I have to go to bed due to well this thing called a job. So while I am asleep a patch is applied, I never got a chance to use anything I found, well now I have to start over again... not b/c I messed up and aggroed every infected in town or got into a fire fight that I couldn't handle... but b/c I had to go to bed and a patch was applied. That is why I would only suggest a wipe of every on major releases and not minor.

Now maybe the system is in need of a major wipe when we went from 1.6 to 1.7, I don't know. I am just giving my 2 cents on the idea of wiping on every patch. I don't like it, I would prefer if any wipes are done it is on major releases.

Opinion noted! hehe

Quit asking for your gear to be reset to nothing, for absolutely no reason. I'm sure the mods will happily oblige you, if you keep bantering on about it. If you want to start over so bad just respawn, cause other people enjoy keeping the stuff they spent dozens of hours finding.

Quit asking for your gear to be reset to nothing' date=' for absolutely no reason. I'm sure the mods will happily oblige you, if you keep bantering on about it. If you want to start over so bad just respawn, cause other people enjoy keeping the stuff they spent dozens of hours finding.

[/quote']

My only question was... anyway to filter what tents are wiped to say only those that are empty.

Quit asking for your gear to be reset to nothing' date=' for absolutely no reason. I'm sure the mods will happily oblige you, if you keep bantering on about it. If you want to start over so bad just respawn, cause other people enjoy keeping the stuff they spent dozens of hours finding.

[/quote']

You apparently can't read, and must have dictated this message to your typist.

Everyone please stop requesting/demanding for certain tents to not be wiped. How many times have we had tents wiped now? 3 or 4 times? Not like most of the shit all you people pick up isn't junk anyway (every camp I come across has heatpacks, flares, makarovs, enfields, etc) or can't be obtained within a couple of days playing again.

I hope rocket does a complete database wipe going into beta so I can bathe in delicious tears. "WHY NOT ONLY WIPE CHARACTERS THAT WERE MA DE IN THE LAST 24 HOURS?!!?!?!"

think ppl are worrying too much your gunna lose everything multiple times anyway, if you managed to save half your stuff this time, the update that comes one day that changes DayZ into a beta, well do you think anything is going to survive that transition?, you might as well get used to not keeping all your stuff in this alpha test.

i don't mean to sound like an ass, but its just fact, ppl saying 'omg there must be some wayyyyy' just a bit silly really. Its not the end guys regardless of how much you think it maybe

There's a difference between losing your stuff because of a legit update and losing your stuff cause some emo kid who can't find any good gear want's everyone to "be the same."

Wipe it, All the folks that camp in the outer limits, all the legal tents, cars, stats players all of it. I am noob.

I'm liking the decision just to be able to read all the whining. "oh my stuff" "can't you leave my horde alone"

It's like reading an episode of hoarders!

It's in alpha people! Deal with it and play! Your stuff was free and you can get more, for free.

If rocket wants a suggestion, I'd like to see tents be wiped when you die. You get killed, the tents and all you have placed go bye bye.it would make people be more careful instead of, die, spawn, run to tent to re-gear, continue with the deathmatch.

Go for it rocket lol

If it stops all the greedy bassabs hoarding off the maps where no one can get without a vehicle' date=' fair play to you.

Ill loose a bit of stuff but better that for the overall gain :P

Shame you can do a reset for all vehicles as well

In the three weeks probably ive been playing with my mates i have not yet seen one vehicle other than some daft beggar on a bike with 50 zeds behind him.

We have visited site after site looking for vehicles but not a single one, i guess because they are all sat off map where we cant reach them.

Definitely needs looking at imho.

[/quote']

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

For example, from my experience I could say that vehicles were spawning too often. In one night's gameplay my friends and I got a GAZ at Stary, drove down to Cherno to rescue another friend, found a Bus in near-mint condition nearby, then dropped by Green Mountain on our way back to our camp (which has since despawned, unrelated to this), and found a military offroad.

The next day I found a Tractor that was banged up but useable and added it to our motor pool. Last night, came across a Dirt Bike at Berezino, headed up to NE airfield to refuel it, and stumbled upon a V3S or something like that - huge troop transport truck.

That's 6 vehicles in 3 days. NERF VEHICLE SPAWNS (trolololol)

Hugginn et el,

This thread is about tents getting wiped, not vehicles, please do not derail, ta.

That was a fun hour shuffling everything into a vehicle.

words cannot describe my shock and awe toward some people, why on earth would you do that, you shouldnt be playing this like its done. putting your time and energy into this is not an excuse for anything. you should see how well shit works, report it, then try other shit. wait untill the game is released to spend time gathering equip.