rocket

IMPORTANT: Tents will be wiped in update 1.7.1.5

No sense getting butt hurt about this. Lets be realistic - all that phat loot was going to be lost to a looter or bug sooner rather than later anyways. If you get attached to anything in the game right now you are going to have a bad time...

Synopsis: Survive.

Hint Chernarus is 225km2' date=' there is more to Chernarus than Cherno/Elektro. Travel, all over the beautiful Chernarus, stumble over hidden tent cities in remote areas, loot their stuff, get free NVGs.

[/quote']

Indeed. However, finding folk that won't stab you in the back, or take you under their wing, is a rarity, in fact, it's nigh on impossible.

I trust these cleverly hidden vehicles and tent cities are unique to individual servers? If they are, one has to keep revisiting the same server to visit ones' camp site or drive ones' hidden vehicle.

So, when one has achieved the supreme status of vehicle owner/occupier and camp enthusiast, what exactly do you do then?

I get it, you need to survive, so you need to collect a bit of food and water and some amo, right?

The evil bastards among us will no doubt have a bit of fun killing people, which is kind of fun in gaming terms, hence the popularity of FPS games.

But for the more pacifistic players, once you've reached that supreme status described above, just exactly what do you do apart from collecting a few tins of beans?

It seems to me that this game is a complete waste of time, but a whole lot of frightening, if a bit frustrating, fun, at the same time.

My point is, if I can try to explain.... to simply 'survive' isn't that difficult for the supreme status holders, I assume. Yet you tell me that's the purpose of the game.

If say there was an additional purpose like killing zombies to rid the land of the infection, players would have an objective other than simply surviving.

But surviving, collecting as much loot as you can without disturbing zombies and then surviving some more, is just simply a complete waste of time.

Now I know players can go out killings zeds, as they do killing survivors, but neither are the point of the game.

Can I ask one more thing? When one comes across a refuge camp or stronghold, what exactly do you all do, particularly in night servers? So far I've only seen players holding up in buildings...all night.

to simply 'survive' so far, has been completely impossible... the point is you will die eventually, so having the camp site built up to re-gear is critical. look at the leader boards for the longest survived time if you don't believe me. They all died!

@ Rapid12,

There is no endgame. There might be in the future but at the moment there isnt, and quadzillion people have said quadzillion times before, the aim is to survive.

Can I get some more info on this? Are all tents being deleted entirely? Will tents be emptied but left standing? Are only duped tents being deleted? Are only tents that are placed on the ground being deleted, and tents in inventory left alone?

Thanks.

@ Blasty,

Mate the title says it all, tents will be wiped completely.

not really, because he said "some of the tent cities" - which confused me to think that some would be left alone?

Now just need to fix it so anything outside the map borders isn't saved, including players, vehicles, and tents, and all will be well!

to simply 'survive' so far' date=' has been completely impossible... the point is you will die eventually, so having the camp site built up to re-gear is critical. look at the leader boards for the longest survived time if you don't believe me. They all died!

[/quote']

But when you resupply from private stashes, you are not testing the game mechanics/changes. You are executing an elaborate save/load routine. That's not the idea here.

not really' date=' because he said "some of the tent cities" - which confused me to think that some would be left alone?

[/quote']

Ok fair point, but I am sure he means all tents will be wiped.

As long as Rocket fixes the "deleted" hatchet bug, and the bug that makes the hatchet a primary weapon vs a gear item Im fine.

My mates and I have 3 tents set up...mostly with food in them since we lost all our hatchets and dont want a hatchet to replace our primary weap. We also have quite a bit of hoarding going on...but meh...wipe it and we will just have to find it again.

But the hatchet bug is killer....cant cook food... with zeds bugged and food spawns still seeming to be bugged...we will starve! Oh well.. 2 weeks on a toon is long enough. I want to seriously try the new no weapon spawn..this gives me a reason :)

i've got no problem being able to gear up from tents and campsites built by comrades. in fact, if the game didn't have this option i would have already quit. It's this kind of thing and the hinting at future "teamplay" mechanics that really excite me about this game. I would actually love the ability to build even more complex structures (even if finding the materials is incredibly rare)

Would be nothing short of awesome to extend a road on the map to a city you built yourself and then try to defend it :P

does that only efekt already build up tents ?

As i found my 1. tent today and if this "unbuild" tents get wiped too i would get on try it and dont save it for ...1.5 with better fps/performance :)

thx

Dont like This :( this ruined the game for me' date=' damn all my stuff is useless now.

[/quote']

Well that's bad. I feel for your loss. We have lost our stuffs some days ago when "our" server died and never came up back again. This might be one of the occasions where i tell myself: "Yep, it's an alpha." DB-wipes and the like are just what you may expect here.

Happy huntin'. o7

Surely this isn't really required if the bug that allows duping is fixed? Just let entropy take care of it.

This is disappointing. We have about 10 tents set up with a legit base camp no duped stuff, inside the map border, just with all our stuff. We've got about 12 of us in our group and we keep vehicle parts, medical supplies, ammo and food/drink there with our vehicles so that we can run efficiently.

At least put in the update that tents will delete if not interacted with for X amount of time. That way people that set up and move on will have them deleted but legit camps will be fine.

Chard' pid='153928' dateline='1340198622']

Question regarding tents... Are there plans to eventually make tents "rain free" zones where we can preserve/recover body temperature when it's raining similar to other enterable buildings/deerstands? Put up a tent' date=' crawl inside and as long as your completely covered, you are protected...

[/quote']

This is what I'd like too. Actually, when I first heard there were tents in this game, I thought that was the real purpose of them (to be able to get to a cover from rain and possibly cold). Then I heard they were there just for the purpose of storing items (which is fine too).

Dont like This :( this ruined the game for me' date=' damn all my stuff is useless now.

[/quote']

But think of all the fun you'll have hoarding all that shiny epreen again. This an alpha test so it's expected. Most alphas I've been in they wipe characters almost on a daily basis so we've had it pretty good. Consider yourself lucky it's only tents getting wiped.

This.

Previously when playing things like Star Wars Galaxies Emu, full character wipes for very much plentiful, couldn't really make any progress. I think we've had it good on here with this being the first kind of a wipe since I started playing beginning of May.

dont play the game not expecting to spawn without anything the next time you log in. this isnt a game yet.

most alpha stages of games dont even have textures or sounds, thats all added for beta, so this is crazy good for being where its at now,

lol. tent wiped....After the last three days of garbage we lose everything we have now? So I just spent the last hour shooting over zombies to just stand beside a car in tulga to see if it was repairable...i would kill 20 zombies, 30 seconds later another 20 respawned, killed them and then instant spawns, your mod sucks right now and i have played nearly 200 hours. If i wanted to kill 1000 zombies a town Id go play COD nazi zombies..This was an RPG, now its shooting at zombies in a line standing outside the house im hiding in, of course i guess what il do is just back out of server and come back in everytime i startle one 200 m away...or maybe just go play something else

Rocket/DayZ Staff: Anyway to say wipe ONLY the tents that have 0 (zero) items in them vs. all of them?

Just wondering...

[bOLD]to simply 'survive' so far' date=' has been completely impossible[/bOLD']... the point is you will die eventually, so having the camp site built up to re-gear is critical. look at the leader boards for the longest survived time if you don't believe me. They all died!

No it hasn't.

Where's the fun if when you just die, you just skip over to your tent and pull out some items and carry on?

I don't mind dying. I like going to Cherno/Elektro to try and find some stuff before going out in to the wild.