rocket

IMPORTANT: Tents will be wiped in update 1.7.1.5

This is to ensure we remove some of the tent cities.

Please discuss below if there are any issues...

aww man :(

how much time do i have to save all my shit?

damnit, i have so much crap i gotta move :(

I know this is still an Alpha version but me and my friends got a nice camp since yesterday and for the first time it survived the night without losing any loot, is it possible to save our loot inside the tent somehow ? We failed to get a vehicle yesterday and I don't think we will find a vehicle before this update comes out. Can you please reconsider this or give some advice to groups that will probably lose all the loot inside the tents ?

Glad to see this move... Those refugee camps are a blight and a den for dupers!!! Is there a plan to regularly purge the wastelands beyond the borders of all saved tents, vehicles, wires and other items??? It's too easy to get a vehicle and drive for ten minutes into the rolling desert and set up a camp beyond all reach...

Question regarding tents... Are there plans to eventually make tents "rain free" zones where we can preserve/recover body temperature when it's raining similar to other enterable buildings/deerstands? Put up a tent, crawl inside and as long as your completely covered, you are protected...

This could players a realistic, albiet dangerous, alternative way of riding out a rain storm in the wilderness. As it stands we either have to build a fire (giving away our position), use a heatpack or find a building to hide out in...

Cue off map hoarders panicking :)

this.

I bet some hilarious scenes will be going on within the next few hours.

I can picture it now: numbers of people running about, trying to choose between epi-pens and blood bags, or special weapons.

This was needed though, I've come across some insane camps in the past few days.

Dont like This :( this ruined the game for me, damn all my stuff is useless now.

Does this only apply to tents? My clan members are worried about their vehicles.

Dont like This :( this ruined the game for me' date=' damn all my stuff is useless now.

[/quote']

But think of all the fun you'll have hoarding all that shiny epreen again. This an alpha test so it's expected. Most alphas I've been in they wipe characters almost on a daily basis so we've had it pretty good. Consider yourself lucky it's only tents getting wiped.

Isn't it possible to wipe out the tents that didn't got saved after this announcement ?

this.

I can picture it now: numbers of people running about' date=' trying to choose between epi-pens and blood bags, or special weapons.

This was needed though, I've come across some insane camps in the past few days.

[/quote']

Yeah, hilarious scenes indeed. Still kinda feel bad for the legit on map guys with a couple of tents.

Another example of a few greedy bastards ruining it for the rest.

• Like 1

Ugh. This just punishes players with legit tent contents. Why not wipe tents located outside of the map? Or wipe tents who's owners are dead?

The ones with tent cities will just move all their stuff into their trucks and cars, and remake it as soon as you're done wiping it, all this will do is punish anyone who stashed anything in a tent. Please reconsider.

• Like 1

Why cant you do it The tents who are saved within 24 hours will not be removed?

• Like 1

Rocket! Please just wipe tents who's owners are currently dead... We have tons of legit equipment stashed in the map borders...

• Like 1

Sad :( Best loot I've had was from some clan's tents. I was hoping to find something like that again.

• Like 1

this.

I can picture it now: numbers of people running about' date=' trying to choose between epi-pens and blood bags, or special weapons.

[/quote']

I don't get it. What's wrong with larger camps?.

Ugh. This just punishes players with legit tent contents. Why not wipe tents located outside of the map? Or wipe tents who's owners are dead?

The ones with tent cities will just move all their stuff into their trucks and cars' date=' and remake it as soon as you're done wiping it, all this will do is punish anyone who stashed anything in a tent. Please reconsider.

[/quote']

Most of the tents on the map come from the self-duplicating tent bug. Tents are supposed to be a rare item (0.28% drop chance), but because a single tent would quickly become a dozen tents while trying to place it, they are extremely common. So the game balance was affected.

By wiping all tents, they ensure they can test tent balance at their actual spawn rate.

Please reconsider this, the tents are so useful. Just remove them from the people who didn't saved there tent after this announcement.

I agree with "Jemoeder" and "Thunderpimp" if it's possible please just wipe the tents that didn't got saved over the last 24 hours or tents that didn't got saved after this thread. Or delete tents from currently dead owners. Please consider these options.

The ones with tent cities will just move all their stuff into their trucks and cars' date=' and remake it as soon as you're done wiping it, all this will do is punish anyone who stashed anything in a tent. Please reconsider.

[/quote']

Then why not just delete the contents of all tents and vehicles within the borders and completely remove the tents and vehicles outside the borders in the wastelands? That'll take care of both problems... What's the point of spawning vehicles if a small group of players can swoop in, repair them and drive them off of the map, effectively removing them from gameplay. There's only so many vehicles... Hide them within the borders and defend them if you care so much about them..