BluDrifter

DayZ is no longer what it used to be...

Hello everyone as you may think this isn't a rage topic about how I hate DayZ and about hackers and that crap but I'm here to say that DayZ is just no longer what it used to be...

The thrill of finding new guns and the exciting moment when you kill someone... Is gone! it's all about PvP now nothing more and that's pretty crap to me.

Finding equipment is no longer what it used to be since everything spawns at the same place and even new maps don't make me feel the same way as it used to.

I've been playing DayZ for a very long time now since the mod came out and I remember seeing a lot of servers having 60/60 and that's just shame because finding a server that has this amount of players is just impossible, they stopped updating DayZ and I really don't think the standalone will save what's left of DayZ because people want new stuff and if you don't give them new stuff they leave.... I really think that if DayZ won't have a major update soon then I guess i'll do the same and leave :/

Any suggestions??

Cheers!

Edited by BluDrifter
  • Like 1

1.7.7.1 released not that long ago? You can't expect the dev team to come up with a game changing update once a week.

DayZ isn't as appealing over time because you're used to it, it has become a routine. It used to be so exiting because everything was a mystery, you had no idea what was coming next. There are still servers that are quite full, but the population has been divided from Vanilla DayZ on 1 hive, to many private hives, comminuties, and spinoffs of the mod.

There are plenty of successful games that don't release new content once a month, and I hope that the SA doesn't do this. I was to play a game with people that are there for the game, not there for content drops.

Face it, you'll never get that feeling that you got your first life on DayZ, but you can spruce things up by trying a different playstyle, mod version (i.e. DayZero, Namalsk, etc), or finding a group.

• Like 3

do what i have done and give up on dayz and wait for the SA  working zombis and a LOT of them should bring the faun back to the game

It is possible to just get bored of a game and that goes for the mod too.  I've seen these posts every so often for last year or so, you just got bored of it, that's it really.  Don;t hate on the game because you got bored of it after a few hundred hours of gameplay.

Edited by Fraggle

They stopped updating DayZ and I really don't think the standalone will save what's left of DayZ.

Uhm. Excuse me?

Nobody has stopped updating the mod, where did you hear that from?

Uhm. Excuse me?

Nobody has stopped updating the mod, where did you hear that from?

I'm sorry I ment they don't make major updates anymore

The thrill of finding new guns and the exciting moment when you kill someone... Is gone! it's all about PvP now nothing more and that's pretty crap to me.

wait what?

• Like 2

I'm sorry I ment they don't make major updates anymore

Sorry dude they just do :/.  If you read/watch the recent Q&A with Razor you can see what they have planned too.  Like I said, you got bored of it and that's cool, you can only play so much of one thing until it's time to move on.

Bored of DayZ?

Play ArmA 2!

Problem solved.

Dayz is a mod for Arma 2, essentially you already are playing Arma 2.

Dayz is a mod for Arma 2, essentially you already are playing Arma 2.

Yeeeaaahh, but people see DayZ as it's own game already when it's clearly not...soo yeah.

Anyways the standalone still won't bring the same feelings as when I started to play (when people actually were afraid of zombies, death and all this stuff), but I'm still going to play it. The interest to the game comes when you start playing it, trust me.

I agree.

Surviving is easy and secondary, at best. 

It\s basically Arma II Multiplayer with a couple of zombies which have almost zero impact. 

I hope the Standalone will make the survival element primary again. 

dayz becomes boring because after play it you find that there's not too much to do , it will happend with SA too , will be harder , less pvp more survival but after a time games ends . To be honest all games become boring because its same game with some adds, just found 2 games that didnt bored me at all , one is getamped ( silly mmo ) and the 2nd its hitman , well , WAS because new one sucks , so, all games become boring or pintless, however you prefer call it 

wait what?

First thing I noticed. The "thrill of the kill" then complains it's "all PvP."

Maybe he only killed bandits. Riiiight.

Man, that gets old.

Just like those saying they want to get rid of bandit skins, because "It kills immersion."

More like they want to murder with no punishment.

Anyway, he's just bored with the game.

1.7.7.1 is by far the biggest change made to the game since its inception.

In fact, IMO it has infected the game. Fatally for me, if it's not tweaked pretty soon.

It's just the boredom factor kicking in - go play another game for a while and come back for Standalone.

We all get bored from time to time. Hell i'd even get bored of waking up next to Scarlett Johansson after a while.

Actually that's bullshit.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

The game for me is as fresh now as i first played it.

Iv'e never done P v P not my thing, i play on a vanilla server with no starting gear, so the thrill of the hunt for food and weapons/gear is heightened to a degree especially with a good population of players.

Also the gear is hard to find, that's the fun in it, the zombies are a threat with the infection which i like,it makes me play differently to what i used to.

seems to me OP you are just bored with the game.

First thing I noticed. The "thrill of the kill" then complains it's "all PvP."

Maybe he only killed bandits. Riiiight.

Man, that gets old.

Just like those saying they want to get rid of bandit skins, because "It kills immersion."

More like they want to murder with no punishment.

Anyway, he's just bored with the game.

1.7.7.1 is by far the biggest change made to the game since its inception.

In fact, IMO it has infected the game. Fatally for me, if it's not tweaked pretty soon.

I didn't mean it like that I was tierd yesterday didn't even check what I wrote, what I ment was the thrill if trying new stuff killing someone and taking their stuff but that was randomly and only if you had luck now it's like Call of Duty Mission- Fly above Chernaus kill everything that moves... Also why would a zombie apocalypse include a apache chopper? That's insane!!!

But then again today I played DayZ and it felt like good old times because it was just so... Normal that's the word I was looking for :)

Hello everyone as you may think this isn't a rage topic about how I hate DayZ and about hackers and that crap but I'm here to say that DayZ is just no longer what it used to be...

Finding equipment is no longer what it used to be since everything spawns at the same place and even new maps don't make me feel the same way as it used to.

I've been playing DayZ for a very long time now since the mod came out and I remember seeing a lot of servers having 60/60 and that's just shame because finding a server that has this amount of players is just impossible, they stopped updating DayZ and I really don't think the standalone will save what's left of DayZ because people want new stuff and if you don't give them new stuff they leave.... I really think that if DayZ won't have a major update soon then I guess i'll do the same and leave :/

Any suggestions??

Cheers!

Commas....