rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. You are requested to post only brief, short, messages requesting bug updates that have not already been posted by someone else. You can ask questions I'll try to answer.

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

There are no more feature additions for 1.7.1 - bug fixing and balancing is all that will occur.

ETA is 6 to 24 hours

All our builds go through a closed test procedure, but we know there will be issues when introduced to ten thousand players. Many of the big bugs relate to things that need to be adjusted in the engine - they are not mod issues. Nevertheless they do get looked into to see if there are options.

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.5

* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )

* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)

* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)

* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

Effing hooray! :D

It will be nice being able to sneak into a town again without proning the whole way. xD

So will the zombies be more like how they were before the recent patch? or will they be quite different but not as bad as they are currently?

What about their hearing? I have a feeling that I am being heard rather than seen :\

Impossible to tell though.

Yeah, just tested it on a dark server where I could barely be seen. We simply make too much noise now when crouching.

* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)

Is this the bug that was causing a drastic drop in FPS after a couple of minutes of playing?

Rocket, thanks for all the work you put yourself for give this awesome mod for us :D

really thanks

----EDIT----

Btw, Rocket can you fix the bug that sometimes when u press right buton for a zoom the fps decrease significantly?

So nothing about how much sound? It seems pretty extreme that I make the same amount of sound while crouch running as I do while normal full sprinting.

What about their hearing? I have a feeling that I am being heard rather than seen :\

Impossible to tell though.

Yeah i agree, the zombies seem to be extremely sensitive to sound, and the crouch sound is now too high, this is what seems to be aggroing zombies from a far.

Are you sure it's a sight issue?

From Twitter:

Day Z Development ‏@dayzdevteam

Infected behavior a focus for the next hotfix. Particularly their hearing, issue is causing them to detect players from long distances

The 1.7.1.4 is very stable for me, the only bugs I've noticed so far is all in infected behaviour. It looks like you fixed most of it, but just to be sure:

infected sometimes still get stuck in the floor, not sure if that has to do with them spawning too close to players or not, just checking.

Keep up the good work, I'm thoroughly enjoying the 1.7.1.4 even though the zombies are pure madness now!

One thing I would like to see would be tents with easy placement. I understand it is easier now but not as easy as placing a tent really is. I would like to see it as open for placing as a fire pit is.

Thanks for the hard work. Just a question: does this solve the thing about inventories being cleaned? If not, anyways many bug fixes, *cheers* :heart: Keep it up!

xZee:- "One thing I would like to see would be tents with easy placement. I understand it is easier now but not as easy as placing a tent really is. I would like to see it as open for placing as a fire pit is. "

@xZee If you think placing a tent is actually easy in real life you never saw me trying to pitch mine at download a few years ago :D

Rocket, I'd just like to say thankyou for all the time and effort you have put into this mod to try and keep it playable for everybody, whilst trying to push the boundaries with new features.

And thankyou for posting a hotfix, with HOTFIXES ONLY! ;)

This looks like the first hotfix in a while that will be stable out-of-the-box seen as there are no new features.

Thanks to you and the whole team! GG bro!

Rocket if you keep up this tempo, your OT should fund that lime green Lambo any day soon.

Thanks for putting in the hours. :)

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

!!Thanks!!

The bug: Trought a door, get up and start running alerting all the zombies can be fixed?