rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

I dont know that there is a way to fix this' date=' and I have looked around and searched for it without much luck so here is my go.

If you login to a server that is out of date with a more up to date patch installed (Say, Server-1.7 and you have 1.7.1) the message you receive to tell you your outdated is sometimes faded and very easy to play through. And if a player were to choose to they could continue playing on that server running through any city they want in a full sprint without pulling zombie aggro, both sight and hearing meters stay at 0. Easy kills for them, player or zombie, they make no server side noise, so you couldnt hear them coming up the ladder, and they have free roam over say Cherno, with all the loot they could possibly want. When I was exploring this, I also was able to dupe several items by logging onto an up-to-date server.

This might be a mess, anyway, I feel better about it now.

[/quote']

yeah I found that late lastnight too:)

Any news on zombies seeing you from what seems like the other side of the map?

It's a little annoying to be a ways from a zombie and then see it bolt straight at you when crouch walking. We shouldn't have to crawl to avoid a zombie 200+ feet away

Bug, or maybe I missed something in the earlier posts about how to fix it:

Any server I join I get a pitch black screen, I can hear my character move, and I can open my gear menu to view all of the items. I cannot see my compass or watch when I try to bring them up either, if anyone knows anything about this let me know.

Also, SixUpdater didn't work properly for me, I kept getting a bad version message on any 1.7.1.4 server until I manually extracted the files into @DayZ/Addons. Keep up the good work Rocket, it's appreciated.

I fully agree with this. I love using the crossbow' date=' but can only carry 3-4 bolts when carrying other gear i need. Adding a quiver for the bolts, or just making the bolts have a higher ammo count (ie: Winchester ammo comes in things of 15, Lee comes in clips of 10, maybe bolts come in groups of three?) would make this often overlooked weapon much more useful.

[/quote']

I made a suggestion for this topic in another subforum.

TL;DR

Quiver that spawns single steel bolts in your inv via gear menu. Limited uses. Able to restock via right click on single bolts.

Although, I dont know if it's possible to implement this "limited uses" mechanic.

seems like a lot of the requests in this thread will make the game too easy. imo a quiver would allow you too carry too much ammo and fire at will. the crossbow isn't meant to fight off a swarm, so don't stockpile ammo and try to use it that way. just keep 2 or 3 bolts and use it to single zombies with headshots.

that's a lot like how some people want to be able to carry a melee weapon and a primary gun without losing bag space. the whole point of having melee weapons is that they offer a tradeoff to firearms and you're supposed to calculate the risks of carrying one or the other (or carrying both and sacrificing the extra bag slots) and make tough decisions.

too many people want to have their cake and eat it too.

You've just tipped off of the 'realistic' crowd's argument.

If you've clung to it in the past, you've just abandoned it.

In reality, you can carry a quantity of equipment. There is no mystical 'trade off' between a firearm and a melee weapon, and there shouldn't be here.

It's because Arma is built for 'standard military' type load outs.

Sure, a pistol in one hand and a torch in the other is possible. I would not be as accurate &c, but the engine does't allow it. THAT'S why it's not allowable. Not because you 'realistically' have to choose between them.

Likewise, an axe and a rifle.

If I'm doing things, I might keep the axe in my hand, and just plain drop it when I need to unlimber the rifle. I might make a sling for the axe, with a cover, and attach it to my pack as an emergency weapon and survival tool.

Arma keeps us to the 1 pistol, 1 rifle/main model.

Don't even get me started on how silly your argument against a quiver for the crossbow is. More of the same.

Get real!

I got to use an axe today, and practice evading a few hordes. Not too bad, but yeah, they do seem to spot you from super far away.

I had one bad experience... But aside from clipping, and I think unfairly seeing through bushes, I thought them more realistic than previous builds. Looking forward to changes in THIS update.

i was NOT talking about making the game making the game more or less realistic. my initial post was about DIFFICULTY. if you were able to carry a melee weapon and whole bunch of different guns with you, it would make the game too easy since you could just switch to the gun best suited for a given situation. as it stands, I like the fact that I have to change my approach to a situation because might not have the ideal equipment. it forces you to improvise and adapt. it's more of a challenge and arguably more realistic.

+1 It's like all you guys want is to be spoonfed, I don't understand why nobody likes a challenge.

Also two other things you might be able to hot fix.

- Random respawn in Novy Sober inside the floor of the apartments.

- When hiding a body the fly sounds do not go away. (From a realistic standpoint) If Im throwing your body down a mineshaft so I can lure and kill other people in the same spot, your not going to hear flies where I shot you in the face at a different location.

Hmm - u can ride a bike with broken legs, can't walk, but can ride))) Bug or not, but funny

- Random respawn in Novy Sober inside the floor of the apartments.

That happened to me the other day - was well handy tho. Crawled out (It was as if I was under the building), went for a small run and got an M4A1 from Starry Sobor - not bad for 5 mins of life! (I then got murdered, but that's another story...)

Hmm - u can ride a bike with broken legs' date=' can't walk, but can ride))) Bug or not, but funny

[/quote']

you can also climb ladders with a broken leg but i hope that never gets changed

@DAYZ MOD TEAM. BUG REPORT.

I noticed you cannot see trough the scope of the M107 when its dark, not even when wearing the night vision goggles, while you can with the DMR.

Just a heads up for this small glitch.

For the rest perfect job guy's!

Histor,

Host of NY22 Crispy Duck Killer Clan.|Vilayer

BRing Side chat back please but also a option with "Hide" Chat :)

So peopel can communicate and people can not cry :D

Hmm - u can ride a bike with broken legs' date=' can't walk, but can ride))) Bug or not, but funny

[/quote']

Yeah, It's semi realistic if you were to support your weight and pull yourself up with your arms, it would just be alot slower.

Will the ARMA2 93965 BETA be required to play the 1.7.1.5 build?

[/quote']

Yeah, It's semi realistic if you were to support your weight and pull yourself up with your arms, it would just be alot slower.

i just assume it's one broken leg so that he's sort of able to climb with the good one

I cant wait for this new hotfix. FPS really goes to like 10FPS when zombies are looking for you (in 1.7.1.4.) ,which makes playing in town unbearable.

No weapon plus uber sight&hearing of zombies is also psycho heh.

Plus getting to server only to magicaly be knocked out for 2 minutes also needs fixing and rather fast if possible.

I dont mind torches being a tool but please dont let them be used with any guns, if people want flashlights with their guns they can go find a glock, remington etc.

i will ask again, i still able to gather wood with this monster size hatchet? (One detail, hatchet is a SMALL axe.....)

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. You are requested to post only brief' date=' short, messages requesting bug updates that have not already been posted by someone else. You can ask questions I'll try to answer.[/b']

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

There are no more feature additions for 1.7.1 - bug fixing and balancing is all that will occur.

ETA is 6 to 24 hours

All our builds go through a closed test procedure, but we know there will be issues when introduced to ten thousand players. Many of the big bugs relate to things that need to be adjusted in the engine - they are not mod issues. Nevertheless they do get looked into to see if there are options.

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.5

* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )

* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)

* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)

* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)

I noticed that if I am prone and have a broken bone, when I switch weapons, then back to the hatchet, the hatchet will not reload and therefore will not swing. Not sure if you are aware of this bug. Shit, I should probably post this on the bug forums.

i will ask again' date=' i still able to gather wood with this monster size hatchet? (One detail, hatchet is a SMALL axe.....)

[/quote']

You can gather wood with BOTH hatchet on toolbelt and hatchet equipped for combat.

This is a mod' date=' not a game. If you want to use the flashlight, or a melee weapon (which doesnt even EXIST in the base game...) they must be in the primary/secondary slot. Melee weapons can't be in secondary because animation is too limited.

[/quote']

Is it possible to mod the game so that primary and secondary weapons can be stored on the toolbelt?

If that were the case you could just right-click the hatchet/flashlight on toolbelt and select "make active" at which point the tool goes to the weapon slot and the weapon gets stowed in the toolbelt. To switch back you do the same thing, click "make active" on the weapon on your toolbelt to start wielding it again.

Is it possible to fix the flashlight animation when crouch-walking, so that you point the flashlight forward when your moving?

Thank you :)

i will ask again' date=' i still able to gather wood with this monster size hatchet? (One detail, hatchet is a SMALL axe.....)

[/quote']

You can gather wood with BOTH hatchet on toolbelt and hatchet equipped for combat.