rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

Are we still going to do this with the crowbar as well or are we waiting till we can add "tool / utility" type function to the item first?

I'd say leave the crowbar as it is for now. Otherwise it will become "too easy" to have these items since you can just hoard them to the tool slots and only use when needed.

Let's not make life too simple after all. ;)

with this update fps increase???

cause i have a i7-2600k gtx570 8gb ram and i cant even play on high+ settings!!! i must play on low!!!

newest drivers installed

May i add, in addition to others saying morpholine is too rare. I posted a thread about having morphine as only a temporary fix and leg sPlints or cast as he healing aolution but only after 30 minutes. Please rocket add this. Splint with wood pieces and cloth or something. Morphine should help let u walk thru the pain but only for a few minutes.

Honestly the packing to toolbelt of the flashlight and hatchet is an unoptimal way to solve the issue. You would still need additional slots for your primary or secondary weapon when you unpack both "tools".

For example: A character carries a Winchester, a Makarov, toolbelt flashlights and hatchet and his 10-slot coyote bag is full of various shit (beans, bandages, flares...). When he unpacks his hatchet, he needs TEN slots to unequip his Winchester and put it in the bag to make room for the hatchet. Same applies for the flashlight with the handgun. He would need those 10 slots free at all times to be able to switch between hatchet and rifle if he wants to freely use both (and be mobile across the map - otherwise he would need to free bag space to store rifle/handgun).

What's the point? Unpacking tools conflicts with space availability to store same category equipment. Please rethink the changes.

How bout doing the same for the flashlight?

+1

Awesome idea. And people wonder why we have the forums?

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

.. water bottles? Needs an advantage over soda cans which are _everywhere_.

they already do' date=' it is called they are refillable at any water source (other than the ocean).

[/quote']

No point keeping an empty water bottle when soda cans are more common than water sources at the moment.

Rocket is there any chance the bone breaking below 10k blood will see a tweak?

It is sort of brutal right now.

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

+1

Brilliant!

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

+1

Love this so much, might actually consider using one now! :D

Is there a chance we could get a full inventory error check on moving things into our backpack? I accidentally lost a pistol last night because I made a mistake and clicked the wrong arrow :(

Just as a testing note, throwing empty tin cans seems to do nothing to distract zombies. I still need to test empty bottles more once zombies can't see through walls.

Honestly the packing to toolbelt of the flashlight and hatchet is an unoptimal way to solve the issue. You would still need additional slots for your primary or secondary weapon when you unpack both "tools".

For example: A character carries a Winchester' date=' a Makarov, toolbelt flashlights and hatchet and his 10-slot coyote bag is full of various shit (beans, bandages, flares...). When he unpacks his hatchet, he needs TEN slots to unequip his Winchester and put it in the bag to make room for the hatchet. Same applies for the flashlight with the handgun. He would need those 10 slots free at all times to be able to switch between hatchet and rifle if he wants to freely use both (and be mobile across the map - otherwise he would need to free bag space to store rifle/handgun).

What's the point? Unpacking tools conflicts with space availability to store same category equipment. Please rethink the changes.

[/quote']

this.

For example: A character carries a Winchester' date=' a Makarov, toolbelt flashlights and hatchet and his 10-slot coyote bag is full of various shit (beans, bandages, flares...). When he unpacks his hatchet, he needs TEN slots to unequip his Winchester and put it in the bag to make room for the hatchet. Same applies for the flashlight with the handgun. He would need those 10 slots free at all times to be able to switch between hatchet and rifle if he wants to freely use both (and be mobile across the map - otherwise he would need to free bag space to store rifle/handgun).

[/quote']

+1

[/quote']

this.

Well with this thought in mind, I've been thinking of something Rocket, maybe allow these tool belt items to be used without unequipping / removing your primary or secondary weapons, like allow tool belt items to be used via the mouse wheel or the "F" menu like how you switch to flares / chemlights / cans & bottles to throw / grenades etc. so you can use those tool items without dropping / unequipping your primary & secondary.

That sound any better? Or is this even possible? unsure of engine capabilities.. *shrug*

Are camping tents still in the loot tables? I haven't come across one for ages, wasn't sure if they were taken out or something.

Not really a bug, but a problem with the ghillie suit is that your two handed weapon sticks out like a soar thumb, while unequiped, and looks very unnatural. Shouldn't it be hidden instead?

Not really a bug' date=' but a problem with the ghillie suit is that your two handed weapon sticks out like a soar thumb, while unequiped, and looks very unnatural. Shouldn't it be hidden instead?

[/quote']

That is an error with the engine and not with the mod.

[/quote']

this.

Well with this thought in mind, I've been thinking of something Rocket, maybe allow these tool belt items to be used without unequipping / removing your primary or secondary weapons, like allow tool belt items to be used via the mouse wheel or the "F" menu like how you switch to flares / chemlights / cans & bottles to throw / grenades etc. so you can use those tool items without dropping / unequipping your primary & secondary.

That sound any better? Or is this even possible? unsure of engine capabilities.. *shrug*

This is a mod, not a game. If you want to use the flashlight, or a melee weapon (which doesnt even EXIST in the base game...) they must be in the primary/secondary slot. Melee weapons can't be in secondary because animation is too limited.

Not really a bug' date=' but a problem with the ghillie suit is that your two handed weapon sticks out like a soar thumb, while unequiped, and looks very unnatural. Shouldn't it be hidden instead?

[/quote']

that's the ARMA 2 engine. It's just how it works.

There were camo rifles in the Vanillagame. Donnu if they are in the loottable.

KILLED BY WHITE PICKET FENCE.

insta death via low white picket fences, either bumping into while crawling or attempting to vault over

Also, sounds on concrete less than grass at times, X walking seems to make way too much noise, might as well either run or crawl the whole time ignoring that shift key.

Possibly already addressed but didnt see anything in regards to it

@Rocket: Was it a feature or bug that i spawned somehwere else in the map then at the shore? I like the fact that you randomly spawns somewhere in the map :) Its like a dropping and you must first search where you are. This also solves the spawnkilling (now already solved a lot because spawned players have nothing)

Well with this thought in mind' date=' I've been thinking of something Rocket, maybe allow these tool belt items to be used without unequipping / removing your primary or secondary weapons, like allow tool belt items to be used via the mouse wheel or the "F" menu like how you switch to flares / chemlights / cans & bottles to throw / grenades etc. so you can use those tool items without dropping / unequipping your primary & secondary.

[/quote']

This! 1000 times this !!!

This is a mod' date=' not a game. If you want to use the flashlight, or a melee weapon (which doesnt even EXIST in the base game...) they must be in the primary/secondary slot. Melee weapons can't be in secondary because animation is too limited.

[/quote']

duly noted! Just spit balling :-P

My guess about the hatchet space issue is that you won't be getting it out that often once on the toolbelt. It seems to be a good melee weapon until you get a gun, then it's a tool for getting firewood. If it were equipped to your pistol slot then maybe it would be feasible for switching.