rocket

Infected Detection behavior is not as intended

Just to clarify, the current detection system is not intended, it's the result of fixing a series of bugs, when the previous balance was developed to provide "balance" with those bugs applied. So basically, fixing the bugs has destroyed the balance - now this needs to be adjusted.

So audibility and visibility are going to be heavily tweaked.

This means it is going to take several patches before realistically it is back and fixed, but once it is fixed, I think the result will be much, much better.

There will be a hotfix, possibly tonight, that will contain fixes and any new changes to the system.

P.S. @4chan just because it says "[NEW]" in the changelog doesn't mean its a new feature. Sometimes, a hotfix will contain a "[NEW]" item because new functionality is developed to improve performance or assist with other bug fixing.

It's amazing that you even have to say this. People should realise that with each patch the game is being developed and things tried and tested. But people react as if that's the final version, was meant to work like that, and will always be like that.

It's as if after every hotfix some people think development is finished and that is the final product.

BTW do you sleep at all ? EVER !

Haha it was obvious .. but still a merciless bitchslap for all the "ITS INTENDED - PLAY BETTER" screamers =)-

Good luck finding a proper solution!

Let us give thanks. Does anyone think people will now relax and be patient? No, didnt think so either!

Just to clarify' date=' the current detection system is not intended, it's the result of fixing a series of bugs, when the previous balance was developed to provide "balance" with those bugs applied. So basically, fixing the bugs has destroyed the balance - now this needs to be adjusted.

So audibility and visibility are going to be heavily tweaked.

This means it is going to take several patches before realistically it is back and fixed, but once it is fixed, I think the result will be much, much better.

There will be a hotfix, possibly tonight, that will contain fixes and any new changes to the system.

P.S. @4chan just because it says "[NEW']" in the changelog doesn't mean its a new feature. Sometimes, a hotfix will contain a "[NEW]" item because new functionality is developed to improve performance or assist with other bug fixing.

Definitely good news. That's what I figured would be the case.. it was obvious it wasn't normal..

Rocket, i have proposed some suggestions for adjusting movement to be more representative of real life stealth and movement in another thread in the suggestions forum. Might be worth a look.. also a brief design for implementing a concept of smell ;) Might make you laugh.. :)

Edit: .. of course the link might have helped: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16923

:)

Looking forward to this next fix.

Might I suggest this be stickied here or across all forum sections? ;)

Haha it was obvious .. but still a merciless bitchslap for all the "ITS INTENDED - PLAY BETTER" screamers =)-

Good luck finding a proper solution!

Across the face my friend ♫

Thank goodness Rocket, I was concerned for a moment that you had gone overboard with realism.

Looking forward to the update.

Thank you so much rocket, I've been sitting here refreshing hoping for a new patch or something like this, not enjoying the game with the way the zombies are. Your work is much appreciated.

Nice "Keep up the great work Rocket & Devs" lol

Sounds good. I'm making way too much noise when I'm crouch walking in a building. Think the whole speed affecting sound thing is screwing with it.

Any idea of a time frame when it will be fixed? Think a lot of people aren't playing atm.

I don't really mind the new set up sight wise, but I do think sound should be tweaked. As for walking through town I think you should be seen from like 50m-70m away by a zombie. We can learn to walk behind them, but as for sound... They shouldn't react to you walking on a road 100m away on the other side of a hill. Walking should be almost silent imo. Zombies shouldn't be quick to react to sound since there are always things making sound and other zombies walking around. Though running should still be loud and easy to trigger zombies.

First time poster... hi!

Pretty much figured this was the case, but its also very nice to get direct confirmation so ty Rocket.