beatSTV

DayZ : Aftermath Mod

Dagwood, we are determined to release it when it's ready. The "house building" is proving quite complex as we wanted to make it simple enough to be fun but hard enough to be challenging, and my weapon crafting system (although it's 99% done) keep throwing up those annoying little issues, like being able craft a weapon with one already equipped lol, but there only minor issues.

Public beta release will be soon, we just have to get a move on ;)

Not sure what you mean by favors in store though....

Not sure what you mean by favors in store though....

better be sexual or theres no point

post-4-0-80319200-1374922179.jpg

new kamenka city

• Like 2

Looks great, can't even recognise the area at all.

it should be yes when v1.0 is released

one more question :D

are people able to host there own dayz aftermath server?

Well last night was spent writing some great new parts of the GUI, house building system is now integrated into that, this allows the players to more smoothly operate the GUI and building system without constantly having to open different menus, right click, scroll, or whatever.

I was going to post a screeny, but i'll leave that until its more complete and we are near public beta :)

Black Bird the answer to your question is yes :)

one more question :D

are people able to host there own dayz aftermath server?

yes the joy of having open server files 

Genuinely really pumped for this mod, lets hope it gets me back into playing the DayZ Mod for abit before the actual SA Alpha, that's a challenge in itself :P 

we have some really cool guys working on graphics for the mod, nice new background

5HQ8YIs.jpg

• Like 1

So, some huge progress has been made.

The first draft 3D model for our brand new house building system is complete.

Gear menu redesigned, new GUI buttons to access building system.

Finally, a new crossbow in dayz that actually works, and is to be feared.

Craftable arrows added to system.

First draft lockbox model created.

Wood saw added, cut down trees completely for logs, used in house building.

Oh.......and I believe the first truly custom weapon craft system.

Weapon attachments include silencers, sights, etc. can be attached to relavent weapon

Many weapons craft able from ACTUAL WEAPON COMPONENTS. all new 3D models by myself for all, I think we are up to 13 components now.

So. A few minor additions ;)

Rossymond

• Like 3

So at the moment are you making sure bugs are limited and improving performance for the public beta, or are you planning to add even more features before you go public?

We are not planning to add any more features than what we already have for beta. Obviously we still have 3D models, config, crafting arrays and alike to complete, but the concentration now is getting the mod ready for some larger scale testing. Obviously stability and issues like that will only arise under heavy load, which we cannot recreate. This is the whole idea of public beta.

We wanted the larger scale features such as item/weapon crafting, house building and alike to be function if not complete for beta, so we can test there functionality properly rather than just with a few people on the dev server. We have done some testing with house building and thus far, everything seems to stay where it's told without issue. The crafting system is all but compelte, all bar some textures and a couple of model tweaks.

The GUI menu system for the build system is ugly, but functional. The restructured gear GUI however, is somewhat better looking :)

All our harvesting/searching systems and all the features associated with that are complete. Loot tables is a main job left to do, but again...beta testing will show any unbalanced items and we cannot add every item, until it's been defined.

Apologies for the long winded reply, but it's difficult to explain where we are at in a sentence or 2.

I guess the long and short of it, is we are getting there. A great deal of what we have added will not affect performance, as it is simply player actions and alike. But obviously we still want to test the mod as hard as we can before releasing it.

Hope this helps :)

Rossy

This looks absolutely incredible! Can't wait till there's an Aussie server. Keep up the fantastic work guys.

I agree!

I have space on my dedi box just waiting for this mod!

Where abouits in Notts you from Zulcan im down the road

and you shall have it sir.

After playing about on the dev box yesterday with rossy i can confirm the new stuff even since the first impressions has come on light years. The GUI is brilliant, the new weapon attachments and building is great ( I played with the tactical crossbow and is actually a legit weapon now) and the crafting system the ability to craft bandages and splints is great and the 3D models are beautiful.

Edited by beatSTV

another awesome bit of graphics from our forum

coXNgUg.png

Nice one.  I am looking forward to seeing how you guys go.

How is the lag with a full server?

We've tested it with 30 players on our shared server and its pretty good actually. The dedi box is lightning quick but only currently runs the development server so we have yet to have to test with a full server.

So far performance is good, but then very little of what we have added really affects performance. I'm happy to say though after 2 night of fecking around, the new house building system is coming along nicely. We now have our first house model in game and its AWESOME! 

The new crafting bench model is complete and again looks awesome. Massive props to Sparlin's efforts, top class 3D modeler :)

We said 2-4 weeks for Public Beta and its now been 15 days. So we are on target for a public beta test.

Really excited about progress tonight and as it's 2AM, I'm heading to bed on a high note!

Ahh I could not resist...here's a teaser of the crafting bench, going to kep the house's under wraps though! But everything is following the Aftermath Theme.

43OJKLI.jpg

• Like 1

995744_190070701161757_390209256_n.jpg

The beauty

I was literally about to comment to see if I could perhaps have a nosy at some pics, but that looks amazing.. You're putting in a lot of effort into your Mod and that's what a lot of modders lack nowadays, I see a little bit of Rocket in you, and as proven by his popularity, it goes a long way.

Keep working hard lads/girls (If you have any helping on the dev team), I can't wait to finally play DayZ again to test out this mod, really pumped now haha :)

Probably the most original (in a good way) mod I've ever seen.

The custom areas actually look like they're part of the original Chernarus map, which is extremely hard to come by nowadays. Can't wait to play it. :)

I especially loved the cave systems. That was REALLY damn cool. Never seen anything like that before. 

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

Lewis's videos are 2 weeks behind development so much more has been added since then you guys are literally going to wet yourself with excitement when the next lot are made :)