beatSTV

DayZ : Aftermath Mod

given out 20 keys so far still going guys

Changelog:

• Searchable Item system redesigned from scratch. This now allows more than one type of item and multiples of items. All bugs fixed (As far as we know) Please report back on this.
  • Server Performance is now about double! Bunch of things where killing the FPS, seems to be much much better now.
  • Loose 7.62 Ammo now works in all types of 7.62 Mags, AKM, DMR Etc. DMR MAG MODEL NOT COMPLETED YET, Still uses AKM 3D Model.
  • Loot Tables rebalanced slightly following feedback from lots of people. 
  • MAP EDITS : More progress has been made with a LOT more searachable items, new version of Balota and The Prison has had some minor changes too.
  • Bizon SD & Kobra Attachments now work
  • M9 & Camo Silencers now attach properly.
  • All placeholder items now resemble GOLD BAR instead of empty tin cans. This is to ensure people know they are new items.
  • Main Rotor assembly removed from loot tables.
  • The Tactical Crossbow should now spawn in properly in Police/Hunter/Weapon Cabinets

These new changes will roll out tonight in a patch. Will let everyone know when its done.

keep an eye on the forums. EU box is live 15ping is nice

anyone with beta access may want to jump on tonight....

anyone with beta access may want to jump on tonight....

why is this? ;)

hmmm i wonder

Can you elaborate on the tactical crossbow - this sounds very interesting. Does it have a scope?

Nice work.

the tactical crossbow is 5 shot holographic semi automatic. It fires regular bolts or explosive tips (made from crafting bolts and hand grenades 5bolts + grenade = one explosive tip)

shown here in de4dcerts video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XNP5x1ONlk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgP9dvjoKhWAKIYmbOPA55Q

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

its quite effective silent unless your are 5 meters away and with a reasonable fire rate. Certainly is enjoyable to use 

Still unable to whitelist on the site. "Oops! Something went wrong! No permission to submit this form."

Does a mod/admin have to do it manually? 

Very anxious to play :(

Also, I never received a confirmation email for my account, but it still let me sign in. Is that normal..? 

Edit: looks like that's not normal, I don't have any permissions. So now I'm stuck with an unactivated account and no confirmation email :/

Edit x2: disregard, fixed the problem

Edit x3: whitelisting closed now? :O

Edited by Death Dealer

open for 24hrs

Already my favorite mod even though it's not done yet :)

The nights are especially eerie and spooky. I also love the yellow-orange ish effect during night

tXIIo85.jpg

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

glad your enjoying

So I've finally finished the bulk of the coding for our Weapon Attachment and Crafting System.

This now means almost 100 combinations of craftable weapons, attachments and variants.

All attachments are removal and interchangeable. The only restrictions are the obvious ones. Western M4 Type attachments will not fit Russian AK Variants and vice versa, Pistol Silencers will not fit Assault Rifles, etc etc you get the idea :)

For instance, the M4 is now a craftable item from weapon components, found in crates in Military Buildings. They do also spawn in rarely.

This M4A1 has 4 Attachments, Silencer, ACOG, CCO, Flashlight. These can be attached and removed in any order to create your own personal Aftermath weapon.

This principal also applies to the AK74, AKM, M9, our very own Mosin Nagant and Bekas 12-M Shotgun and many more weapons in game!

Rossymond

• Like 3

Aftermath is looking to be a real treat, mate - can't wait to give it a try!

i played last night for the first time with the new ambient sounds and weather. It was terrifying 

holy shit our latest development is crazy you guys are going to love it 

• Like 1

Updates on AftermathI have just completed the very first test of the new system regarding Zombies on my local server (running on my machine which chews performance)

I'll save all the technical bullshit and just say this....

• Main City (Elektro/Cherno)
  • 250-350 Zombies (OBVIOUSLY just numbers for testing)
  • Zero additional FPS Drop 
  • Perfectly Fine Server FPS
  • Zombies spawn and despawn from BUILDINGS not from Players, meaning a entire city can be cleared.
  • As soon as the set range from zombie to all nearest players is complete, the Zed despawns into the NEAREST building
  • As soon as another player or that player returns, the Zombies return in the same fashion.

Rule book officially blown up.

Hi All,

First off, a big thanks to everyone for your support; we reached 4000 members today! I can see this growth continuing to snowball as the word slowly starts to reach the masses.

While the rest of the team has been busy creating amazing content, I've been creating some pretty cool places for you to explore and discover.

Soon, you will need to cut down a tree/bush or even break up a rock to reveal a hidden cave entry. I've now also created some bunkered rooms at various locations, only accessible by using explosives or heavy weaponry. You may or may not find some interesting loot in these locations.

I've also started work on a few more hidden areas around the map; keeping in mind that no one has found any of the original hidden areas as yet. Well at least, no one has reported finding any...

We had a bit of a brainstorming session in regards to the house/base building last night and I can tell you that one idea in particular is going to blow your socks off. No other mod has this particular idea, nor have we ever heard of anyone else even using such a method. I can't wait to reveal more about it soon!!

So what's the rest of the team up to?

Rossy and Deadneck are flat out coding new things everyday, and coming up with some pretty cool features and ideas along the way.

The 3D gods, Sparlin and Ari are continuing to manufacture miracles in the way of vehicles, weapons, misc items and eventually some new buildings.

Bungle is working on numerous projects such as the GUI, custom food models and other things.

Mimiick has been creating some nice PR videos to be released shortly, quite entertaning from what I have witnessed so far.

Cyberbandit is playing Minecraft, and dropping in whenever we plead for help (which is often).

Maca134, the new kid on the block has just completed a rather amazing base building system. It's extremely user friendly and sooo easy to use.

Additionally, we will be rebranding Aftermath soon to something a little more professional. So if you log onto the forums and it looks a little different, you now know why.

That's all from me, see you about!

• Like 1

Sounds amazing, I've been playing on and off around work and I love it!

Base building update

Hi folks, I'll briefly explain whats gonna happen smile.png

I suppose you could say we have 2 "types" of building system, however BOTH system are integrated into one GUI menu. More will be revealed on this through the PCGN live stream interview, check the forum post for info.

House building will take the form of staged building. First building a foundation, then framework, cladding, doors. etc. This is tested and working in game. The Upgrade system is again done through a GUI menu and not a bunch of scroll wheel functions.

"Base" Building, is done through the same menu and players will have the ability to CRAFT and PLACE various objects such as fences, gates, etc (all brand new and modeled specifically by us). You will also be able to craft a well for water, makeshift greenhouse for food and we are even experimenting with chicken coops for the hell of it. Hopefully this means teams of players will actually be able to create small towns of there own, adding to and building more as they go. Obviously as the mod progresses, more and more upgrades will be available for your house. I want to see around 50 stages of house building, all built from the single foundation, upgrading and adding as we go. With our new system the ONLY limit is our imagination, as we will create new and ever increasingly harder to find items to go along with this.

All of this is done through one easy to use menu and makes use of our Crating Workbench that we posted a shot of some weeks ago.

Yet more ideas have emerged recently with being able to add a makeshift chimney and stove to your house, allowing cooking indoors and resting on your home made hammock, obviously these are for the future smile.png

This was tested in game last night and works like a dream

• Like 1