beatSTV

DayZ : Aftermath Mod

Might I ask how far are you from releasing this to the public? Or do you not have a set release date? 

no release date as of yet but we are nearing the end i think rossy, amrak and all the guys are on the home stretch.

• Like 1

We are currently deciding on the best way to get our test server full for a high population test. We don't see any issues cropping up at the moment. But we wanted testing to be extensive. Expect this to be in around 1-2 weeks time.

For obvious reasons, during this test there WILL be incomplete features, issues and problems but of course we hope people will take this into consideration.

Psy Syndicate is going to grab another video for us in the very near future, demonstrating weapon crafting, weapon attachments and house/village building. This will hopefully give people a heads up on progress.

I've got a bunch of tidying up to do and such like. But here's another teaser of things to come :)

3QiOQ.jpg

Created from scratch, in under 40 minutes by our resident modelling god. It's just for the loot system, so nothing hugely complicated. He's currently working on a brand new gun for the mod which should be ready for beta fingers crossed! Also, his plans for houses and alike are out of this world!

Edited by Rossymond

Nicee, Quick question on the housing system, and I'm sure it's already been asked.

Is it going to work similar to Origins or completely different? Forgive me if you've already been asked this and come up with an answer

Well I guess every housing system is going to be similar lol.

Our houses will not be lockable, but you will be able to craft a lockbox inside your house and place it where you want too. We are working on a bunch of customisations for houses, allowing the player to choose where they want there bed/table/etc etc.

How far we go with it is going to be a matter of seeing what people think.

The house system will not be humanity based, that's stupid im my opinion. You will just require the correct DIY manual. The bigger the house, the rarer the manual, or something like that :)

The process is something like this......

You need to find yourself a workbench, shown above. Place it where you wish to build your house. Scavenge roofing sheets. Mine stone for the base, and cut down a few trees for logs. Once you have found a DIY manual, you can build whichever house that manual is for.

The ingredients for the house and placed inside the work bench, and away you go. We have a good placement system where by everything appears on screen, allowing accurate placement.

We have plans to add fencing, gates, chicken coops, veg patches, wells etc etc. Mainly to aid house builders with food & water supplies.

Again, its all a WIP and open to change, but thats the general idea

When are you releasing the stand-alone?

Lol

When are you releasing the stand-alone? 

lol as far is I see it looks better and more stuff than standalone

Work is coming along well cannot wait for release

Hey folks,

So after a few months of little sleep our very first Large Scale Beta is due for release this Friday!

Details can be found here

Obviously this is a very early release, which is mainly designed to let us test the mod extensively, which will highlight issues. This will help us make sure the first public release, due in 1-3 weeks time, will be stable and much more complete :)

Rossymond

• Like 2

looking forward to actually playing this with some of you guys :)

Damn, gutted that you can't get keys any other way, but it's a smart move doing it that way.. I look forward to the public alpha :)

Many thanks OhDan, best bet is to sign up on the forums, there will be plenty of keys available on there at various stages :)

Many thanks OhDan, best bet is to sign up on the forums, there will be plenty of keys available on there at various stages :)

Did so a few days back, Name's Stellub, I've been browsing through your blogs and such, hooked haha 

• Like 2

key giveaway on lewis stream 

35 keys to release tonight 

sign into the forums you may get one 

2 dedi boxes up and running one EU one NA lets do this looking forward to tomorrow

lol

right first 50 people to post on the thread that is being created on the aftermath forum get a key