Sign in to follow this  
kevsta545

Is there any way to play DayZ in single player?

Wondering If theres anyway to play DayZ in single player with like NPC's or something?

Modify the files / download someone else's modification of the files (careful).

There is a mod for this, yes. I can't remember it but you can definitely find it. Something like other survivors trying to snipe at you and stuff.

There is such a thing, but before you use google to find out about it consider just what DayZ is. DayZ game play is at least seventy-five to eighty percent about interaction with other players - evading them, meeting them, shooting at them, surviving them. Look, when I began playing I had a moment of exasperation over the sometimes asinine behavior of others and I too wished for a single player experience but then I realized what DayZ was all about. At the very least you ought to get some more experience under your belt and while doing so, imagine the game without the tension other players lend it. You just might change your mind.

• Like 3

DaiZy. Don't you know what google is?

Without other players DayZ loses a lot.

AI cant compete with sneaky humans.

• Like 1

Set up your own server, password protect it, install Sarge AI and invite some friends. As some of the other posters mentioned, you may loose something by not having other human players playing ... but this is a viable alternative.

Check my signature for a Free Private Hive Server Package complete with Installer and Admin tool. :)

• Like 1

The 'official' single player mod and it's variants are only good for weapons training and for teleporting around the map to find good spots to place camps. They're not actually much fun to play; it gets far too lonely.

As Saethkept suggests, using tools like the DayZdb map and the single player too early can spoil the DayZ immersive experience.

Some servers have NPC patrols. I'd much rather play with a mix of live players and AI.

Your time would be better spent finding a good private hive server.

It's just a mission file, there is no risk unless you download it from some shady website.. Good if your internet connection is shitty. It's not as fun as original DayZ though, I wish I could play online games all the time but I simply can't.

Wondering If theres anyway to play DayZ in single player with like NPC's or something?

There are unofficial DayZ Single Player variants out there.

One is 'DaiZy' from the kodabar website

And apparently another one (though not public) is 'DayZ SP'

Being unofficial files, they are not supported by this official DayZ mod forum so maybe you could just get in touch with the original uploaders of the videos and see if they could help.

There could be more, check it out:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...e Player videos

I love how, rather than answering, some people want to tell other people the best way they are able to have fun.

• Like 2